“Horrible”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed April 17, 2008

We had a horrible stay at the Embassy Suites in Tulsa. Not at all what I have come to expect from Embassy Suites. Our rooms were overtly dirty and the management staff was completely unsympathetic. Children ran up and down the hallways screaming on the weekends. I would not recommend it and would never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2008

Reviewed January 12, 2008

I had to fight the cook to give me tomatos on my omlet. I like extra tomatos. I love the free omletts in the morning. its one of the biggest reasons that I stay at embassy suites.
the cooks name was micheal. the first morning I asked for tripple extra tomatos. he said "whoa... we better go light on thoes, we are running short". i was very let down my this. I thought "if you dont have any tomatoes, then send someone to go buy some". but I left it alone.
Then the nest day I came down stairs ready for my tasty tomato omlett. guess what.......THEY ONLY SERVE HAM AND CHEESE ON THE WEEKENDS!!!!!!! what the heck is that???????
That is definatly NOT like any embassy suits I have ever stayed at. I told him this and he just said that it was pollicy. I thought that it was a bunch of garbage. here I am spending a TON of money (18 days) and getting promised by the sign behind teh cook to have "the best omlett in the world cooked MY WAY" and this guy now wont put ANY tomatos in it.
I went and got some other food and descided to not have a omlett on the weekends.
I was there for 18 days. I avoided michael when he was working because I didnt want the confrontation.
but then on the third to last day I braved it. I tried to score kudos with the guy by trying to chit chat as he was making my omlette. It had a sufficient amount of tomatoes but not like I would have wanted them. (keep in mind that when I would ask, I would say that I wanted "four times normal tomatoes" and I would watch disappointed as he lightly sprinkled less than normal amount on.)
This happened teh 2nd to last day as well. (as a foot note, on this day a guy behind me asked for a sausage ommlete. michael said no at first because that was not on the menu, but then changed his mind and went out to the bar and brought the guy back some sausage for his ommlette. (this bugged me as well that I wouldnt get my tomatos and he would get his sausage.).
The last day I had had it. I asked for the extra tomatos and michael was skimpy again. He knew me by this point because we had chit chatted on several ocations. I got angry and asked to speak to the manager (how redicoulous is it to have to speak to a manager to get an omelette made the way you want it when the sign behind the chef promises "omlettes made your way") So now its a big uncomfortable mess but screw it, Im sick of it at this point. I am spending close to $2000 at this hotel, and I want my darn tomatoes.

So I go to the manager, walk him over to michael, point to the sign, tell him the situation and say "will you please tell this guy to put some tomatoes im my omlete".

it was a big uncomfortable scene that i really did not care for.

thankfully the manager did so, and Michael apologized afterward.

I was told by other members of the staff that michael just dosent like to prep out the food. they were apparantly happy that i had made a fuss to the manager because they had said the same things to the manager before but it had fallen on deff ears.

The hotel was old, but I am not going to complain about that. the other staff were very friendly.

Although I will say that 4 times I had requested 6 towels be brought to the room daily. this never happened so we were almost always short on towels.

also out of the 18 nights I stayed there, our room was not cleaned 4 of them. we never hung a do not disturb sign up. and we were always out working during the day. they just skipped us a bunch.

so over all, it was ok, but after michael, I was really not happy.

isnt it funny how one employee, with a bad attitude can can leave such a bad taste in your mouth?

I know it sounds trivial, I know it sounds silly. But the reason I stay at embassy is for the atrium and the breakfast in the morning.
To me it is important.

So to all you tomato lovers out there.... STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

If you hate tomatos and omletts cooked "your way", you will probably love this place.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank wecuttrees
Reviewed November 12, 2007

We were quite scared after making a reservation here, but we loved it. The noise from outside traffic was not bothersome, although we did have a box fan at night. When checking in, a little girl was telling people about her slumber party there that night, and I thought, "oh no, the reviews were right for that". We never heard anyone running around, etc. ,so maybe these parents controlled their kids.Anyway, we had a great stay, although the hotel is a little dated and the manager told me a major remodel will start in December.Our room was very clean.
Breakfast was yummy and was as good as other Embassy Suites that we have stayed at, with the exception of no pancakes that my daughter wanted. Oh well, she could have had the french toast.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2007

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Breakfast and the happy hour also do well but the hotel itself is way past its prime. Between the noise from the freeways that surround it and the uncontrolled young people on the inside sleep and rest are hard to get. It's an old building that needs a update top to bottom. I'm surprised Hilton hasn't taken the name off the building.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Texasrangers
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I had concerns about this Embassy Suites based on reviews by others. Unfortunately, those reviews were accurate. We stayed over a weekend -- Friday and Saturday nights. Mobs of children controlled the pools and were running the halls and jamming the elevators. Evidently, this is the "hot" place in Tulsa for kids' slumber parties and the so called security does very little to manage the situation.

The hotel's web site said they had the electronic check-in, but it was not working (which also meant no airline check-in either). They are evidently going through a management change, at least in the restaurant portion as many items were out of stock (such as coffee creamer) and could not be replinished because the staff didn't have access to new supplies.

Our room was only marginally clean and we had conditioner, bath gel, and lotion, but no shampoo. It did appear they have had a recent upgrade on soft goods as the bedspread appeared new.

As a Hilton Honors member, though, I would definitely say this Embassy Suites needs to get their act together and take care of their property. It is truly a disgrace to the Hilton Family of hotels and I would NOT recommend staying there. There are a lot of newer, nicer, and cheaper hotels in the same area -- check out one of them.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindep
Reviewed August 4, 2007

Stayed at the Embassy Suites during the week. Size of the room is great. A little worn around the edges but clean and the bed was fairly comfortable. The evening "happy hour" is a definate plus with the free drinks from the bar. Happy Hour food is nominal. Minuses: rooms need some updating, one of the TV remotes did not work, no hot water one morning (fixed that day). The other major reason to stay at the Embassy is the nice breakfast provided including a grill for eggs, waffles, etc. Only complaint is the cook is suppose to start at 600am and it was anywhere between 610-620am before he opened for business. If you have early business, 620am can be too late to be waiting for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2007

After I read all of the bad reviews on this hotel, I was a little scared that I had wasted my money by choosing to reserve a room here. Over all, my stay was not so bad. I have to admit that the rooms need to be updated, but my king suite was very clean. The couch in the room was pretty worn out and the t.v.(s) was a little smaller than what I'm use to but the free cocktails and snacks from 5:30 to 7:30 helped make up for that! The pool area and jacuzzii were nice. The security guard kept a pretty good watch on the pool area. He made a few stops and it was nice to know that someone was keeping an eye out. LOTS of chlorine in the water! I guess better safe that sorry, just don't open your eyes for to long in the pool. There were lots of kids....LOTS of kids! Probably wouldn't have been so crowded w/kids during the week. They had a very nice breakfast and the staff were all very polite. I will go back next time I'm in Tulsa, just have to expect to deal with children around the pool on the weekends.

Stayed: July 2007