“Very busy hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44
Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“Very busy hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

The check-in staff were super friendly and helpful. The hotel was very busy with large groups but the breakfast staff and managers reception did and excellent job keeping the lines to a minimum and the food plentiful! The only negative was the pool smelled very strong of mold/mildew... not something you want to smell let alone go swimming in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Runnermom3
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Runnermom3:

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience! We look to our guests to tell us what we are doing well and where we can improve our services and offerings. I will be sure to share your remarks with our Engineering team to see what adjustments need to be made to the pool chemicals.

Best Regards,

Brent M. DeNardo
Embassy Suites- Tulsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I thought this place was excellent. I have never been offered a bottle of water when checking in before and got one everytime I went by. I thought it was a good idea and was really appreciated. Can you believe a 2 hour happy hour of free been and wine. The free breakfast was excelent as well. They had everything including made to order omelets. The rooms were very large and I thought the beds were very comfortable. I was here on business and everybody thought it was a great place. The price was good to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent experience! We look to our guests to tell us what we are doing well and where we can improve our services and offerings. I will be sure to share your remarks with our team to let them know their efforts made an impression on you.

Best Regards,

Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip for three nights and found this chain hotel to be a perfectly adequate place to stay. It’s located just off the interchange of I-44 and State Routes 64 and 51 (Broken Arrow Highway) in a hotel complex, with other national chains all around. From the airport, Mapquest directed me on and off a bunch of highways to reach the hotel but this proved futile as I ended up heading downtown. The easiest way to and from the airport (I realized on the way out) is a straight shot on Memorial Drive, about 15 minutes.

As for good location, that’s for you to decide based upon where you need to be. Since Embassy Suites is off the highway and in a hotel complex, you’ll have to drive everywhere. I grew up in NYC so I have to mention this. I’ve never been to Tulsa, but the local roads move along pretty quickly and downtown is about 15 minutes away. Nearby are the usual suspects, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel plus a Drysdale’s, where you can pick up those new pair of cowboy boots you’ve always wanted.

Breakfast at the hotel is included, and was a highlight due to the made to order omelettes. You just pick up a little bowl, spoon in the ingredients you want (meat, veggies, etc), hand it over to the nice omelette-making man and your omelette will be brought over to you in just a few minutes.

The lobby can be bustling during cocktail time and beyond. The Manager’s Special at happy hour includes draft Budweiser and cheap wine in plastic cups, which is free. Otherwise, a glass of okay white wine and a local Marshall beer will run you about $18 total. Not cheap but the bar seems to be affiliated with the hotel restaurant, Cattelman’s steakhouse, which I did not try based on mixed reviews on this site.

The rooms are laid out around an open atrium so you can exit your room and see all the way down to the lobby. It’s a nice effect but, as a result, all the breakfast cooking of those tasty omelettes on the ground floor will eventually waft up into your room during the morning. It’s not a bad smell, just a cooking smell, that you might want to be aware of.

The suites themselves are comfortable, with a small living room with tv, couch, desk in the front room and bedroom in the back. A door in each room connects with the bathroom. The balconies you see in the photos are fake: the large windows on the inside don’t open so you can’t step outside or get fresh air. Our room overlooked the highway (we were on the sixth floor). There was an occasional low whirr of traffic but it was generally quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Hampshire, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights attending the USABMX Grand Nationals. The facility was very impressive. The staff was very accommodating, friendly and went above and beyond what they had to do. Always a smile and hello!! The Bmx group can be very trying on the staff, and they seemed to handle it very well. The breakfast was incredible, with cooked to order omelets, breakfast buffet, and enough staff to deliver the omelets to your table, clean-up, and wish you a good day. The Managers reception provided free appetizers and drinks, which we were hesitant about until the last day and wished we had enjoyed more during our 4 day visit. The room was very nice with the 2 separate rooms, as I tend to get up early, and did not have to disturb my wife or son still sleeping. I am looking forward to staying next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your visit to Tulsa! We were pleased that you had an excellent stay. We appreciate your kind words about our made to order breakfast, the manager’s reception, the comfortable two-room suites and our amazing associates. When your travels bring you back to Tulsa, we look forward to welcoming you again!

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night. It is quite difficult to get to but well worth the effort. The rooms were very clean, fresh, and beautiful! The made-to-order breakfast was excellent. The staff was friendly and the price was a good value for the high quality. We are glad we chose this hotel and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your evening at the Embassy Suites Tulsa. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and the excellent breakfast. We are grateful for your business and look forward to your next trip.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last year during the USABMX Grand National and I reviewed then as well. The hotel and employees are great. I really appreciate the effort you put into making it great. I still am a little confused as to all of the security. This year there was at least 2 uniformed security guards. I really didn't see anything bad going on. The kids race BMX, they aren't Hells Angels. ;) I will say that the security guards were very nice and didn't seem over controlling. Great adjustment on the omelet station, Saturday seemed overwhelming for him. The breakfast area was always kept clean and the staff working it was awesome! Thanks for putting together a Thanksgiving dinner. We are away every year and it was pleasantly appreciated. Great job and we will see you again next year!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your visit to Tulsa! We were pleased that you had an excellent stay. The security officers (you mentioned) are utilized in assisting with questions and/or directions and on occasion, we have groups where children like to run down the hallways and make noise. You are correct in that we didn’t find this to be true with your group. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and their ability to make your breakfast experience excellent; we cherish each and every one of our hard-working associates. When your travels bring you back to Tulsa, we look forward to welcoming you again!

Dfw
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a sporting event (required hotel) but I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were great for families, lobby was perfect for socializing, indoor pool was great in the off season. Breakfast & managers reception were great & offered on the weekend. The only thing that could have bee improved is how loud the lobby is which carries into the rooms. Also, request a room away from the highway as it can be loud (sirens) at night.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your visit to Tulsa! We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay. Our location is ideal for groups and we are delighted that we were able to meet your personal as well as your group’s needs. We will share your accolades with our team.