“Great Suites”

Ranked #13 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Dfw
“Great Suites”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a sporting event (required hotel) but I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were great for families, lobby was perfect for socializing, indoor pool was great in the off season. Breakfast & managers reception were great & offered on the weekend. The only thing that could have bee improved is how loud the lobby is which carries into the rooms. Also, request a room away from the highway as it can be loud (sirens) at night.

• Stayed November 2012
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your visit to Tulsa! We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay. Our location is ideal for groups and we are delighted that we were able to meet your personal as well as your group’s needs. We will share your accolades with our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We were supposed to be in a suite but were given a regular room. The worst part is that it was so loud! People in the lobby are loud, the room that is connected to ours has been loud. People walking outside of the room can be heard easily too. This is a bad place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank TravelMuchPlease
Dear TravelMuchPlease:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve our product and services. Complaints about loud guests in the atrium does occur on occasion, I regret that you found this to be the case. Should you decide to stay in Tulsa again, I would ask that you contact me directly so that I can ensure you a successful stay.

Best Regards,
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently stayted at the Embassy Suites Tulsa for a moderate extended stay - the staff was extremely friendly and were willing to go the extra mile to make me welcome and comfortable for the entire duration.

I was travelling with a large group of individuals and while I know alot of times things will get disorganized with such a large group of people having individual needs, they took great care to ensure each one of us were treated as an individual and were given priority service.

If I need to book travel again I will most definately be staying at the Embassy Suites. (BTW: Thank you Mindy L for all your assistance, you are invaluable and deserve to be rewarded for exemplary service)

Sincerely.

~A very satisfied customer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ed T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent visit at our hotel. We are pleased that we provided you and your group with excellent service during your stay. Mindy and the rest of our team do a great job taking care of our guests every day. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Humble, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Located in Tulsa, this was one of the nicest Embassy Suites I have had the pleasure. Wonderful staff, super clean rooms and the complimentary breakfast was awesome. Highly recommend, Makesure you take advantage of the lovely indoor pool and the lovely grounds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent visit to our hotel. We have a great staff that works hard to provide our guests with an execellent experience during your stay. Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for your business and look forward to your next stay at our property.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times and my most recent stay was the most enjoyable. I'm not sure if all Embassy Suites nation-wide are undergoing/ have undergone upgrades but those recently implemented at this location really makes a difference. It appears they are trying to implement some of the staple features seen at Courtyard Marriotts.

Don't get me wrong, this is still basic lodging so don't expect amenities or level of finish seen in resort-style hotels but the updated lobby/ lounge/ atrium area make a huge difference. Add all of that to a hotel with friendly staff wanting to please and consistently clean rooms that don't yet seem outdated and you have at least one satisfied guest (me!).

Cattleman's is the on-site restaurant is actually pretty good. They have extended the service of the restaurant into the lounge area and added a ton of seating and a divider that separates the new added seating from the rest of the lounge. TVs. There are TVs everywhere and their placement seems very deliberate (one at each booth, every table has a direct line of sight to at least one, cocktail tables with charging stations seem to be set up directly in front of TVs) and you can independently control each one. So, if you want to watch the evening news, the morning weather report, the ball game, or anything else, just change the channel and volume yourself. I hadn't seen that before and its a nice unique feature.

The new furniture is comfortable and looks nice and really classes the joint up. There is also a small convenience type store in the front like you'd see in a Courtyard Marriott where you can purchase small snacks, beverages to go, etc. I can't be 100% sure that the bar that sits inside the lounge wasn't there before (not the bar that sits next to Cattleman's) but, if it was, it got a facelift as well to match the espresso wood laminate tables surrounding the fountain and throughout the lounge.

The rooms are still the same: Enter into a "living" area with a fold-out couch, two chairs, TV, desk with lamp, large sink, mini fridge, and microwave. Ample room and the hideaway bed is perfect for families. The bedroom, separated by a door, has a vertical wardrobe, large counter with sink and another TV. The bathroom is a typical bathroom but not all of the rooms have tubs so, if you prefer one over a shower, perhaps make that request. Otherwise, all of the rooms are the same with the faux balcony that can not be accessed.

Other features that make this an easy and laid back place to stay:
- Free WiFi
- Pet Friendly
- Free Breakfast complete with a made-to-order omelette station, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast enchiladas, cereal, biscuits and gravy, and so on. The food is actually pretty decent and slightly above the standard for this price point.
- Free Cocktail Hour generously served from about 4:30 - 7:30 (wine, beer, cocktails) with small bites and snacks.
- Free Daily Newspaper

So there you have it. A very comfortable and relaxing place to stay with some new touches make this a great value at this price point.

Happy Travels.

Room Tip: All rooms are exactly the same.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank your for your detailed review and your repeat business with our hotel. Our team works hard each day to provide our guests with execellent service. Once again we thank you for your repeat business and on behalf of the entire staff at the Embassy Suites Tulsa we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Pickerington, Ohio
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Tulsa on numerous occasions. The latest was October 8. The recent remodel is a great improvement, especially the lobby. The staff was great and the rooms were nice. The manager's reception was good; however, there was definitely room for improvement concerning the snacks/food that was offered at the reception. I also recommend trying the Cattleman's Steakhouse located at the hotel.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ed T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your nice review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are pleased that you like our completed lobby renovation. Our staff works hard daily to provide EXCELLENT service to all our guests. Thank you for your recommendation of Cattleman's Steakhouse featuring Buckhead Beef. We will also use your feedback of our manager's reception to make improvements for the future. On behalf of the entire team at the Embassy Suites Tulsa we thank you for your repeat business and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Wharton, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is one of the places I regularly stay at in Tulsa, and it has proven to be very consistent in it's level of service and clean rooms. The front desk staff is always very helpful, and courteous, saying hello whenever I went by during my stay. Joy has been one of the regular staff members who I can recall, has been willing to help in the event of any problem, which I really have not had at this location. The beds are about the most comfortable I've had compared to other locations nearby, and the breakfast with cook to order eggs and a mix of proteins and pastries is good. All in all a very positive stay.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter
1 Thank Roel R
Ed T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your positive review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are very pleased that we have provided you with an EXCELLENT experience at our propety. Thank you for your kind comments about Joy and our staff who work very hard each day to provide you with excellent service. The beds in this hotel are comfortable and we feel the breakfast is an excellent added value with the Embassy Suites brand. On behalf of the entire team we thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.