“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #14 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Franklin, Tennessee
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently stayted at the Embassy Suites Tulsa for a moderate extended stay - the staff was extremely friendly and were willing to go the extra mile to make me welcome and comfortable for the entire duration.

I was travelling with a large group of individuals and while I know alot of times things will get disorganized with such a large group of people having individual needs, they took great care to ensure each one of us were treated as an individual and were given priority service.

If I need to book travel again I will most definately be staying at the Embassy Suites. (BTW: Thank you Mindy L for all your assistance, you are invaluable and deserve to be rewarded for exemplary service)

Sincerely.

~A very satisfied customer!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ed T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent visit at our hotel. We are pleased that we provided you and your group with excellent service during your stay. Mindy and the rest of our team do a great job taking care of our guests every day. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Ed Tarasavage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Humble, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Located in Tulsa, this was one of the nicest Embassy Suites I have had the pleasure. Wonderful staff, super clean rooms and the complimentary breakfast was awesome. Highly recommend, Makesure you take advantage of the lovely indoor pool and the lovely grounds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent visit to our hotel. We have a great staff that works hard to provide our guests with an execellent experience during your stay. Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for your business and look forward to your next stay at our property.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times and my most recent stay was the most enjoyable. I'm not sure if all Embassy Suites nation-wide are undergoing/ have undergone upgrades but those recently implemented at this location really makes a difference. It appears they are trying to implement some of the staple features seen at Courtyard Marriotts.

Don't get me wrong, this is still basic lodging so don't expect amenities or level of finish seen in resort-style hotels but the updated lobby/ lounge/ atrium area make a huge difference. Add all of that to a hotel with friendly staff wanting to please and consistently clean rooms that don't yet seem outdated and you have at least one satisfied guest (me!).

Cattleman's is the on-site restaurant is actually pretty good. They have extended the service of the restaurant into the lounge area and added a ton of seating and a divider that separates the new added seating from the rest of the lounge. TVs. There are TVs everywhere and their placement seems very deliberate (one at each booth, every table has a direct line of sight to at least one, cocktail tables with charging stations seem to be set up directly in front of TVs) and you can independently control each one. So, if you want to watch the evening news, the morning weather report, the ball game, or anything else, just change the channel and volume yourself. I hadn't seen that before and its a nice unique feature.

The new furniture is comfortable and looks nice and really classes the joint up. There is also a small convenience type store in the front like you'd see in a Courtyard Marriott where you can purchase small snacks, beverages to go, etc. I can't be 100% sure that the bar that sits inside the lounge wasn't there before (not the bar that sits next to Cattleman's) but, if it was, it got a facelift as well to match the espresso wood laminate tables surrounding the fountain and throughout the lounge.

The rooms are still the same: Enter into a "living" area with a fold-out couch, two chairs, TV, desk with lamp, large sink, mini fridge, and microwave. Ample room and the hideaway bed is perfect for families. The bedroom, separated by a door, has a vertical wardrobe, large counter with sink and another TV. The bathroom is a typical bathroom but not all of the rooms have tubs so, if you prefer one over a shower, perhaps make that request. Otherwise, all of the rooms are the same with the faux balcony that can not be accessed.

Other features that make this an easy and laid back place to stay:
- Free WiFi
- Pet Friendly
- Free Breakfast complete with a made-to-order omelette station, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast enchiladas, cereal, biscuits and gravy, and so on. The food is actually pretty decent and slightly above the standard for this price point.
- Free Cocktail Hour generously served from about 4:30 - 7:30 (wine, beer, cocktails) with small bites and snacks.
- Free Daily Newspaper

So there you have it. A very comfortable and relaxing place to stay with some new touches make this a great value at this price point.

Happy Travels.

Room Tip: All rooms are exactly the same.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank your for your detailed review and your repeat business with our hotel. Our team works hard each day to provide our guests with execellent service. Once again we thank you for your repeat business and on behalf of the entire staff at the Embassy Suites Tulsa we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Pickerington, Ohio
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Tulsa on numerous occasions. The latest was October 8. The recent remodel is a great improvement, especially the lobby. The staff was great and the rooms were nice. The manager's reception was good; however, there was definitely room for improvement concerning the snacks/food that was offered at the reception. I also recommend trying the Cattleman's Steakhouse located at the hotel.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ed T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your nice review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are pleased that you like our completed lobby renovation. Our staff works hard daily to provide EXCELLENT service to all our guests. Thank you for your recommendation of Cattleman's Steakhouse featuring Buckhead Beef. We will also use your feedback of our manager's reception to make improvements for the future. On behalf of the entire team at the Embassy Suites Tulsa we thank you for your repeat business and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Wharton, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is one of the places I regularly stay at in Tulsa, and it has proven to be very consistent in it's level of service and clean rooms. The front desk staff is always very helpful, and courteous, saying hello whenever I went by during my stay. Joy has been one of the regular staff members who I can recall, has been willing to help in the event of any problem, which I really have not had at this location. The beds are about the most comfortable I've had compared to other locations nearby, and the breakfast with cook to order eggs and a mix of proteins and pastries is good. All in all a very positive stay.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter
1 Thank Roel R
Ed T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your positive review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are very pleased that we have provided you with an EXCELLENT experience at our propety. Thank you for your kind comments about Joy and our staff who work very hard each day to provide you with excellent service. The beds in this hotel are comfortable and we feel the breakfast is an excellent added value with the Embassy Suites brand. On behalf of the entire team we thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I am very surprised to read the negative reviews of this Embassy Suites Hotel in Tulsa. We stayed one night and had a very pleasant experience. We travel with two small children and usually stay in "suite" hotels. Embassy Suites is our favorite brand due to convenience and experience. This ES has recenly completed a major renovation and it is beautiful - very clean and seems to be very well run. Without exception the staff is very friendly and accomodating. Check-in was easy and smooth, the room was clean and comfortable and the rate (AAA discount) was very competitive. The new pillowtop beds were very comfortable and the shower was powerful, not puny. They must have read the complaints online because I have absolutely nothing to complain about during our stay. Other ES hotels should take notice (especially Kansas City - Plaza and downtown Chicago)!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has no ice machine, so no related noise throughout the night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ed T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for the terrific review from your recent visit at our hotel. As the new general manager of the property we are thrilled that we provided you and your family with an EXCELLENT experience during your stay. Our team works hard each day to provide excellent service to all our guests. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for your business and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have stayed in several other Embassy Suites hotels, and this one did not come close to meeting my expectations based on previous good experiences with the brand. The room was large and some of the staff were friendly, but those were the only positives. We had to call to ask for a privacy sign, and then when I went to dry my hair, the hair dryer was not working. I called the front desk, and the staff member must have just thought that I was letting her know--obviously I was trying to dry my hair or I wouldn't have noticed it was broken!--because after waiting for awhile, I had to communicate the need to a housekeeping staff member who came to clean our room and wait even longer for her to retrieve one.

The most disturbing aspect of our stay was the uncleanliness of the shower. It had mildew and several hairs in it.

Also, the lobby was under construction, so the breakfast buffet was limited to just having a line down one side, not both sides. As a result, the line for breakfast was so long that we gave up both mornings of our stay and did not eat.

When we checked out, the front desk clerk did not ask how our stay was, even when I made a show of getting a business card for the hotel manager. I sent him a lengthy email, complete with a photo I took of the shower, but never received a reply.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marissa H
Ed T, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of your visit to our hotel in April. As the new general manager, I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire staff for not providing you with an excellent stay during your visit at our hotel. The renovation has been completed prior to my arrival and it is my hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to earn back your business. We will use your feedback to make improvements to our hotel. Thank you for your business and please ask for me during your next visit to our hotel.