“Love the cooked to order breakfast and happy hour.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Nashville
“Love the cooked to order breakfast and happy hour.”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay. It was close to I-44 and the Cinemark theatre. There was a family reunion and a wedding the night we stayed so it was a little crowded. Our room was comfortable. We brought our dog and there were plenty of green spaces to walk him. A Ruby Tuesday was within walking distance. We still stay here again if in Tulsa.

• Stayed August 2012
cesarebenedetti, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review! I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay! We hope you will stay with us the next time you're in Tulsa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Edmond, OK
Reviewed August 3, 2012

When I checked in I did not feel like I was welcome. The lady that checked me in was not very warm and welcoming. After coming from another Hilton property I expected this stay to match my positive experience and or exceed my expectations. I was very wrong! The lady at the front desk did not want to be there and it seems like she did not want me to be there either. I prefer a room away from the elevator and this is even listed in my Hilton Honors profile, but I was stuck right by the elevator which further concludes her dislike for me. This woman should not work in customer service.

Second the “manager’s reception” was below expectations. There was not one manager in sight. I have been to plenty of receptions and this one is the worse I have ever seen. The liquor and wine selection was very poor quality. I felt like a number and not an individual.

I am very loyal to the Hilton brand and this location fell way below what I expect from a Hilton property. I will never stay at this location or any embassy suites if this is what the brand is about. Do yourself a favor and stay someplace that actually appreciates their guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank J Michael J
Please accept my apologies that you were not shown the warmth and appreciation that we feel for all of our guests, especially our tried and true loyal Hilton Honors members. I promise you I will share your comments with our team so that we can work harder to provide excellent service.
Lyons Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family has traveled every year to Rockford Illinois to visit family since 1989. Most of those trips, we drove. The kids got to see the country, "lots of interaction" and we usually chose an Embassy Suites to stay in. We are older now but still traveling to illinois with grandkids. We stopped in Tulsa on our way back to Texas and stayed at the Embassy Suites. The rooms are outdated, the coffee pot is by the cup, and the place is LOUD. There was a convention of kids and they were allowed to run up and down the halls on various floors all night. The place echoes tremendously so you would have to be deaf at the front desk not to hear it...did anyone consider the other travelers? The chaparones did not have control but neither did the hotel. we had also called for extra pillows/towels twice and were ignored....Wont be back..we'll push on to OK city.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if there are large groups of kids travelling!!!!
2 Thank TURBANOS
I regret to see your stay with us didn't leave you with a better impression. The hotel is quiet by 11pm every night and the front desk helps make sure of this. I would be happy to discuss your experience with you more over the phone. Please call the hotel directly and ask for me.
Tulsa
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and I had a very disappointing experience at the Tulsa Embassy Suites. We live in Tulsa, and we had stayed there for our anniversary to have a quiet, simple getaway a few months ago and had a wonderful experience. However, this weekend we attempted to stay there and had a very disappointing experience.

The air conditioning at our house went out this weekend, so we made a last-minute reservation at Embassy Suites so that my wife and I, plus our dog, could have a cool, comfortable place to stay for a few days. We called to make a reservation a few hours before we planned to arrive, and specifically asked for a room just like the one we had before- the Executive Suite, with a nice-sized living area, plus the roomy bathroom that has both a jetted tub and a shower.

When we arrived, we checked in with Chelsea, who was very nice at first. She was very flirtatious, which bothered me, especially when she became annoyed, if not outright rude, when she discovered I was married and that my wife would be staying with me. My wife and I, after unloading our luggage and our dog who would be staying with us, proceeded to our room to find that it was much smaller than the room we asked for, and the small bathroom had no jetted tub.

I went back to the front desk to explain that this was not the room we requested. Chelsea proceeded to inform us that there are no rooms available like the one that we requested. I asked my wife if she wanted to stay, and she said 'no.' We wanted the larger suite so we'd be comfortable, and my wife has fibromyalgia and enjoys the larger, jetted bathtubs to relieve her fibromyalgia pain at the beginning/end of the day. Chelsea did apologize, but made no other attempts to rectify the situation, whether it was at least finding a larger room, or seeing if we could get the executive suite for our next night's stay, etc. No attempts to make the situation any better. We couldn't speak to a manager, or anything. She simply told us that she could cancel the reservation and our card would be refunded by Wednesday. So we packed our luggage and dog back in our car and left.

We had a great first experience at Embassy Suites for our anniversary a few months ago, which is why I didn't give this review the "Terrible" rating. The room we had stayed in was so nice and comfortable, and we enjoyed the manager's reception and delicious breakfast. I am so glad that this weekend's experience was not our anniversary because I would have been downright outraged. I've always had the mindset that no person or business is perfect, and mistakes can be made occasionally. As long as someone makes an attempt to fix the situation to the best of their ability, I am understanding and will give them a second chance. We didn't experience anything like that this weekend at Embassy Suites. Very disappointing.

-Josh

2 Thank Josh B
I'm so sorry to see that this was not an excellent experience for you. It sounds like there may have been some confusion with central reservations on the room type you were wanting. Please feel free to call the hotel and ask for me as it would be my pleasure to personally assist you with your reservations going forward.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We brought our daughters and their friends to Tulsa for a convention, so rented the 'family suite' which has two bedrooms. Very disappointed! Simply put, the beds were awful, the road noise from the interstate was disturbing all night (frequent sirens, lots of loud trucks), and there was a lot of noisy chatter and slamming of doors (lots of kids) until 2:30 in the morning. The mattresses were old, worn - very unconformatable. We were on the 8th floor and it smelled like smoke. They could not move us to a room with better beds (apparently they haven't replaced mattresses there in a long time), did offer to flip the mattresses, but this did no good. The breakfast area was small, however the food was above average. I didn't complain when we left, just told them we were disappointed with this Embassy Suites, and they discounted us one nights stay, which was a very meaningful gesture to make thinks right. Unfortunately, I would only go back if they replace the mattresses, and then I would make sure to be in a room on the far side from the interstate.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite the side of the interstate.
1 Thank Russell O
cesarebenedetti, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
I'm surprised you didn't enjoy the mattresses in your suite as we honestly get lots of compliments about them. I am very sorry your stay was not more comfortable or more enjoyable. Please call the hotel directly and ask for me the next time you plan to be in Tulsa and I'll make sure we find a suite that would better match your needs. Again I apologize your stay was not excellent. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and our service and your comments have not gone unnoticed.
Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our last night on the road was spent in Tulsa, OK at this Embassy Suites and we were really happy for our choice! The hotel is in excellent condition and all of the service staff were friendly and helpful. It was great to go back to Embassy as we hadn't stayed at one for a few years. They'll be at the top of our list when in the areas we are traveling!

Room Tip: The rooms numbered 01 and 32 are the furthest from the elevator. Nice touch in isolating the ice mac...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
cesarebenedetti, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review! We're honored to have regained your loyalty to Embassy Suites and the Hilton family of hotels! Please come see us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2012

hmmm, i laughed when I checked in that I should have probably checked trip advisor before booking as the room I was in looked pretty dated, but then I didn't see any other references to it so maybe I was just in an old forgotten room. Furniture was a bit rough around the edges and the living room area just felt depressing. Breakfast was decent. Although next to interstate, noise level was ok. So....overall...just ok.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I was concerned to read about your experience and your suite. Please call the hotel directly so I can get more details about your stay. Your loyalty is important to us and I want to make sure your next stay is a true reflection of our beautiful hotel and excellent service.