“Indoor Tropical Resort”

Ranked #12 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Indoor Tropical Resort”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is in a location that would not easily be found by outside visitors to tulsa. If you do find this hotel, you would never want to stay anywhere else. The Hotel has the 5 star appearance. It is an awesome feel when you walk in the front door. The hotel has full size live palm trees and a huge water fountain. It appears as if you are in the tropics. There are small tables with a gorgeous landscape int he atrium area. The ceiling is tall glass to bring in all natural light. The hotel has a quiet computer room for those who didnt bring their computers. It has a small arcade room, shoe shine worker, very nice fitness room and nice indoor heated hot tub and swimming pool. The Cattlemans stake house is a nice sit down restaurant. A bar with a pool table also is in the facilities. The glass elevator will take you to the floor of your room. The elevator gives a nice view of the atrium. The hotel door is a french door. They are all suites with a wet bar, living area, double door bathroom, several televisions. The nice part of this hotel is for those with larger families. Only one room is needed. The couch makes into a bed and the beroom can be one or 2 beds. Lots of room. They have a small snack area. The hotel offers every night the managers reception which gives you free snacks and a bar with alcoholic and none drinks for the entire family. This is entirely free. The mornings have a professional chef who will make your breakfast to order whatever you want. They also have a breakfast buffet. The best part is that the food is also free. All this comes with your room. If you travel you can save money by having a one room instead of two and free full course breakfast fro the family.

I spend every christmas here at this hotel for a christmas tradition. I can take the family to town but feel like we are in the bahamas to swim and get away. The last time I visited this hotel, the pool was down. A friend went several months before me and it was down when she was there. The rooms are super clean and the hotel was newly remodel a few years ago. If you are in Tulsa this is the number one hotel to consider.

Room Tip: The upper rooms give a beautiful view of the atrium.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
I am so glad you enjoyed the charming atmosphere of our hotel! We look forward to seeing you and your family again this Christmas!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Whenever I can, I try to stay at Embassy Suites with my family because it is generally a good value with nice accommodations. The Embassy Suites in Tulsa was simply outstanding. Super clean. Well maintained. Professional and courteous staff. Efficient in every area of service. I couldn't have been more pleased with this particular hotel and I told several of their management staff the same thing while I was there. 2 thumbs up for Tulsa Embassy Suites.

James H.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Discernment_101
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Thank you for the great review James! We look forward to your next stay!
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I could not have been more pleased with my stay at the Embassy Suites. The morning I was to leave, I had an embarrassing situation which required attention from the staff. The manager spent 2 hours with me helping to remedy my personal dilemma. He was incredibly patient and kind the entire time. When the situation was finally resolved, he gave me a huge hug and told me I'd made his day. He probably should have said just the opposite! I was taken aback by the personal attention I received and how the staff made me feel so special and valued.

The room was great, and the bed was most comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat and recommend it to everyone passing through Tulsa.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank 1Annabelle1
Thank you for the great review! Everyone involved was more than happy to help!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a hotel I stay at sometimes for business. During the summer months my family travels with me. We love the suite environment and the full breakfast they offer.

I've had a few problems in some of the rooms, but the engineers are always quick to reply. Their AC/Heating system is tough to regulate during fall and spring because they have a major system that controls the individual rooms. Although you put your room on cool, if they have not flipped a switch to allow cool, you will only get hot air. You have to call them and have them fix it for you.

The upper floors only have showers and I don't like that. The water splashes everywhere.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub you have to ask for a room on a lower floor. Lots of school groups use this ho...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ddbet443
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thanks for the great rating! Please call the hotel and ask for me so I can update your room preference on your Hilton Honors profile. I hope you and your family have had a great summer so far!
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Rreally? Charge for the internet? This is offered free at most hotels. Other than that, it was a very nice place to stay. All the staff were friendly, nice an helpful. The rooms were very nice. 2 sinks which made it very convenient for people getting ready at the same time. The happy hour was very good, snacks and time to socialize with others. Overall a very nice place to stay. Stairwell not readily visible, and can't get in from 1 to floor 2.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicky W
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for the great review! I would love to speak with you about internet charges for your next stay. Please don't hesitate to contact me the next time you plan on heading this way. You can call the hotel anytime at (918) 622-4000 and just ask for Cesare'.
TN
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Average + means:
> older hotel, a little tired and dated, however, surprisingly well built as sound transmission was muted very well--my room right by a freeway was quiet, certainly not what I expected but a pleasant surprise; also, no sound transmission from people running outside rooms
> first room we were to have had what I considered a stale cigarette odor though my wife said it was more like a u____ smell--second room slightly stale but tolerable
> room had a clattery fan that I thought was going to keep me awake, but it didn't
> excellent breakfast, acceptable manager's reception
> fitness room was uncomfortably warm, more A/C request unheeded
> not the greatest people skills or service from the front desk--no true regret for the smelly room we requested to move from nor no great service to speedily come up to us to apologize and move us to another room--I had to trudge down and get keys
> front door parking area always had water puddles that we had to step in--hint to management have someone sweep the water away!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Please accept my sincere apologies that our service wasn't excellent during your stay. We take your comments very seriously and will work hard to improve ourselves for your next visit!
Great Bend, Kansas
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Arrived at the hotel, and immediately the toilet started overflowing. I had to call the front desk twice before they sent an "engineer" to fix it. Then the "engineer" sent a maid to clean and the maid said that the room had experienced the same difficulty several nights prior, and that she didn't know why they weren't closing the room. The beds are worse than a 20 year old spring mattress, the door handle was broken in both rooms we stayed in. The couch and chair in the office area are in disrepair and the wifi costs $10 extra per day. The rooms do not connect, although they originally told us that they did. The housekeeping staff does not know how to make a bed properly, and they woke us up at 8:30 to see if we had gone yet. We got down to the "made to order" breakfast at 9am just as the breakfast staff was removing the items from the buffet, although I'm sure that I saw a sign that dictated the breakfast would be served until 10:30. The housekeeping staff make sure they give the stink eye to you every time you look at them. We wanted to leave when we first got here, but now after waking up and both my wife and I having the worst pain in the middle of our backs from the beds, and after all of the issues of our stay here, we will never return here. The one and only one good thing about the stay here is that the manager was willing to do anything to help, he works long hours, and is courteous. Although perhaps some different staff to assist because it doesn't translate throughout the ranks.

Room Tip: I will never stay here again
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
I was disappointed to read about your experiences at our hotel. I hope the manager you spoke with was able to assist you with resolving/ correcting some of these issues. I would welcome you to call the hotel so we can discuss your stay further.