Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44
$188
Hotels.com
Excellent 5/5
1,076 results
All reviewsevening receptionmade to order omeletsfree happy hourbreakfast stafffamily reunioncomplimentary breakfastpool and hot tubthe staff was greatgreat place to staybusiness triptulsa areacattlemansnateatriumbmxeventcouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2011

This place is The WORST!! This hotel has poor management, bad service, old building, and trashy clients. They let ANYONE in the hotel and then the trashy people they let in are loud and rude but the staff does nothing about it. The pool was ALWAYS down and I couldn't swim when I wanted too. There were kids all over the gym with no adults and when I told the front desk they were rude and did nothing about it. The managers reception and breakfast were mediocore AT BEST. When I went to the desk to check out the clerk was alone and swamped with demands and calls and I was not able to speak with a manager and she was not able to give me any kind of compensation for my horrible stay. I will NEVER be back to this location ever again. I cannot emphasize enough how poorly managed this place is!

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank English_only_please
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

I was alarmed to read the comments about your stay. This is absolutely not a typical stay at our hotel. Please call the hotel at your earliest convenience so we can fully discuss your experience and give us the opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Very poorly prepared for large crouds...lost inital reservation made in January for group and had to resend inital email to have management act on lost cancellation. Kids not able to swim in pool because treatment had to be performed...this should be better timed. No one threw up in pool. Hotel was booked full....should be prepared to treat pool after closing for evening and have ready for when it opens the next morning. Went to check in and place points on reward card and it had been placed on inactive list simply because it wasnt use in a years time period. you have lost my business but corporate and local management may want to fix these issues to get any return visits from future guests...no appologies offered by staff...no discount coupons for future stays. Not a place I will stay at again, Tulsa or anywhere else.

Chad Altemeier

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chadaltemeier
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and with your reservation. Pool safety is a top priority for us which can require us to temporarily close the pool. If you have any questions about your Hilton Honors Membership please call the hotel and I will be happy to help you.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

We had family in the hospital in Tulsa and chose this Embassy Suites at the last minute. The pools are usually good (we have two small children) and the breakfasts are usually great. We arrived at about 9 pm. My husband left immediately to make a hospital visit and I opted to take the kids to the pool for an hour or so. We entered the pool area and a security guard followed me in to let me know that I was not allowed to have my plastic cup (full of soda!) in the pool area. I immediately took the cup out to a table in the breakfast area... I only mention this because 10-15 minutes later, a very seedy group of people came into the pool area and removed their clothes - they did not have on swimsuits! They proceeded to get into the pool and hot tub in bras and thong panties in front of my children. THEY were not immediately stopped by security! I took the kids back to the rooms and notified the front desk. The front desk clerk called me back to let me know the problem had been taken care of, but by that time, the pool was open "for adults only." The only other issue that night was a little noise, but that was to be expected. On a positive note, I called to request additional pillows and the staff had them up to me in less than 5 minutes.
The next morning, we went down for breakfast. Was your standard Embassy breakfast, which was great. Service was better than great. Ladies in the dining area were VERY helpful with both of my children. Again, my next issue came up with ANOTHER security guard. We asked the dining room attendant if we could take some fruit up to the room with us. She offered to get us a "dome" to put over the plate. However, as we carried the plate toward the elevator, we were again stopped by security. He told us we could not have food in the rooms. My positive for this day was the front desk's courtesy on extending us a late checkout. Heather was quite helpful.
All in all, the security was my real problem, they were TOO overbearing - except when I needed them - and the other guests at this hotel were not the usual Embassy clientele. Hire a new security firm and increase prices enough to weed out some of the unsavory characters staying here!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Thank you for the positive comments! We will share those with our team! We will work with our security to make sure your next stay is even better!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a frills weekend with women from my church. It is beautiful. There isn't anything that really needed improvement. It isn't the newest or nicest embassy that I have ever been in but everything was what I have come to expect from this type of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
cesarebenedetti, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2010

Thank you for taking time to post a positive review about your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel has been refurbished and is a great place to stay. The rooms are spacious with fridge & microwave; 3 vanity/sink areas, separate living room/desk area with a pull-out sofabed. The bathroom was clean with plenty of large towels. Internet is not free in the room, but is in the business center.
The custom cooked free breakfast was really good (omelets, french toast, etc.) or choose the buffet - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, cereals,fresh fruits and melons, etc. The manager's social in the evening was also worth the room rent - free drinks (great margaritas!) and nibbles (pretzels, crackers, etc.).
The sleep quality ding is because of the freeway traffic noises right outside your window and a really efficient air handler. Also there were lots of unsupervised kids running the halls yelling/screaming to each other and playing with the elevators - a call to the front desk had security scaring them back to Mom & Pop (where were they anyway?)
The front desk was very helpful and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to your next visit!