“Doubletree Tulsa - Would'nt stay anywhere else!”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
New York City
“Doubletree Tulsa - Would'nt stay anywhere else!”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa Downtown for a week in August. One of the best hotel stays I have had - would have given the room a higher rating were it not for a dirty rug stain in the bathroom area which the staff
cleaned as best they could. Otherwise the room was just fine - on the
top floor with a great city view, contemporary furnishings and a really com-
fortable bed! Others have mentioned the small bathroom alcove but for
a solo traveler it is fine; I also would have preferred a flatscreen TV but
honestly I did not use it much so no big deal. I listened to the classical
music station on the radio which had crystal-clear reception considering
the downtown location. And speaking of the location, it is excellent. The downtown core is only a few blocks away, the convention center is ac- ross the street, the BOK Center (a huge performing arts center/stadium is a few blocks away as is the transit center if yoi use the buses as I did for some outlying attractions such as the zoo. However, the Doubletree has a shuttle which will take you anywhere within a three-mile radius - this covers several areas of interest such as the Cherry Street restaurant
corridor, the beautiful Utica Square shopping center (also lots of great restaurants, including P.F. Chang), as well as to several museums, especially the Gilcrease and Philbrook - look them up on their websites and ask the hotel staff - these two museums are must-sees while in Tulsa - trust me! You will love them even if you are not a fan of museums!

The hotel restaurant is a great place for a casual delicious lunch or dinner - I was there for dinner, but breakfast was very expensive and one would do well to follow the recommendation of the staff and go to the
Blue Dome Diner a few blocks away (use the shuttle). This is pro-
bably the single most popular eatery in Tulsa - the breakfasts are fan-
tastic and the dinners (Wed. thru Sat.) are almost as good. In fact, Tulsa has many excellent restaurants of all kinds either within walking dis-
tance or with the hotel shuttle.

Last but not least, the review would not be complete without mentioning
the service at the Doubletree Downtown. I would especially wish to single
out Stephanie, Katy and Antonio at the front desk, but everyone - whether
at the front desk, the restaurant, housekeeping or the shuttle drivers - made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived and treated me like an
old friend throughout my entire stay. As another example, I was visiting during a very hot week - the temps were between 100 and 105 degrees. In response to this, the staff had a water dispenser in the lobby 24/7 as well as having staff members handing out glasses of water to anyone
who would be in the lobby. A small touch to some , but to me this typifies the type of experience that a hotel stay should be making everyone feel like family.I was sorry to leave! If I ever return to Tulsa, there is no question regarding where I would stay - at the Doubletree Downtown!Keep up the great work, everyone! Hope to be back.

P.S. When downtown, look for the BOK Tower. I mention it because it
was built by Minoru Yamasaki in 1974 - this is the same architect who a
year later began work on the World Trade Center in New York City. The
BOK Tower at 52 stories is a half-size prototype of the WTC. I by chance
saw the building from by room window when I arrived and couldn't believe
what I was seeing, especially being from NYC.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
TULSD, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Thank you SO much for your excellent detailed and very complimentary review. You will be pleased to learn that as of November 2 we have installed brand new Philips 37" flat screen tvs also, so even more reasons for you to come back soon.

Stephan and team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Colleyville
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I had a very nice stay at this property. The hotel is a bit dated - but the rooms are nice enough and clean. The people and the service were top notch. The location is fantastic - easy to find and just a few blocks from the river where there is a perfect walking/running path. If you're a runner and do business in Tulsa - this place is a must.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review, indeed our location in the heart of downtown helps and we are glad our product and service was to your complete satisfaction. Come back soon, I look forward to reviewing your kind words with our entire team!

Stephan & crew
Dallas
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Very comfortable room. Wonderful staff and concierge. Enjoyed room service for breakfast and late night dinner! Had a wonderful stay.

Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
TULSD, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind review, we are delighted to learn once again how much our guests like our hotel and our service. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back. Please always travel safe!

Stephan & the entire team at the Doubletree Hotel Tulsa Downtown
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Only stayed here one night but wish I could have stayed longer. Room was quiet, well-furnished and attractive. Comfortable chair, very comfortable bed. Didn't have the river view, but the view of the Tulsa skyline is nice too.

Front-desk check-in was fast and friendly. Wasn't around long enough to use the restaurant or the fitness room, but everything looked great. Spaces available on the parking deck right next to the skywalk.

Downsides? No free wireless in the room, but it was available in the lobby. Vanity and toilet/shower are tucked into a pretty small space, which might be a problem for bigger groups, but I was alone. It's over in a corner of downtown, so it might not be the most convenient hotel for where you're doing business.

This hotel has been around for a while, but they've done a nice job of keeping it up and staff seems to be great. Looking forward to my next chance to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Many thanks for your kind review, we appreciate knowing you made it back home safe and sound. Thank you very much for being our guest, we know you have a choice and our team is delighted you selected us. Please come back soon, we are always "at your service" here at the Doubletree Tulsa Downtown!

Stephan & team
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed there for three nights in conjunction with a wedding. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Parking was easy. Wireless Internet worked great. Breakfast buffet was bountiful and service was efficient. Everyone was friendly. If we are ever back in Tulsa, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Stayed here just one night in early May while attending a sporting event in town. The hotel charges for parking ($7.50) which seems unnecessary given the plentiful spots in the garage they have and given that the lot is unattended.

Service here is pretty good - I reserved my room by naming my own price on priceline ($49 plus tax - comes out to about $62) and after i got my initial room assignment of two double beds they were able to accommodate me and my fiance in a king bed room which was nice.

Room was pretty standard for a Doubletree -- not the nicest Doubletree I've been in but not bad either. Hotel had a pretty old 27 inch TV though, would be nice to see a flat screen. Bathroom was clean as is customary for a Doubletree.

Hallways were dark and dimly lit but the common area downstairs was nice. Shuttle drive was nice enough to run us over to the ballpark for the game. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
TULSD, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We are excited to learn you enjoyed your time and you will be pleased to know that we continue our efforts to upgrade our hotel, as we just completed our internet upgrade and now feature a reliable & fast internet connection. We also completed renovations of all our bathrooms and many of our guest rooms. 2010 and 2011 promises more new furniture for some of the remaining rooms and some suites and we never stop working for you.

Of course, we always will have those freshly baked warm cookies that our brand is famous for, as well as the warm and caring service. We wait for your return soon!

Tulsa Doubletree Team Downtown.
NYC
Reviewed June 14, 2010

luckily my stay was quickly turned around by the lovely katie at the front desk but i had reserved a room thru my travel agent for a business trip here. I requested (and paid for) a king size room since I was traveling solo on this trip. I actually meant to stay at the other doubletree location in tulsa but decided to stay at the downtown location since it was only one night.

upon arrival, i was very rudely greeted by the front desk rep sabrina who basically did all that she could do to make me feel unwanted. i have no idea what i did or said in the 5 minutes i was with her, but boy did she go out of her way to ruin this stay.

first - i inquired how far the offices i was going to in the morning were and if the shuttle would take me there - sabrina scoffed at me and gave me a curt "NO" come to find out that there is a sign in the elevator bank that displays the times the shuttle is available to take guests to neighboring areas.

second - i get to my room and it's a double. kind of disappointed, but not wanting to make a real stink, i call down to the front desk to inquire if i was given a wrong room as i had reserve a king. sabrina informed me very quickly that they are based on availability and that there were no kings available. never having been to tulsa before, i assume i spending the night in a hot area and that the empty lobby i had just seen will be filled with guests from all over the world.

i head over to the neighboring restaurant (baxter's - which is incredible and worth a visit especially if you are staying at the doubletree) to have lunch and relax. upon telling the above story to the patrons of baxters on how terrible the customer service is at doubletree, or mainly the front desk girl sabrina is, the owner of the restaurant scoffed at my story and said i was making it up - said that there was no way the hotel was sold out. the owner then picks up the phone and calls the hotel and gets another front desk rep, katie. mentions that there is someone at the restaurant who decided to spend the night in tulsa and wanted to reserve a king size room. was told by katie that there are SEVERAL king size rooms AVAILABLE and for them to come right over.

needless to say, i am now sitting in my king size bed still totally amazed at how rude and nasty this girl sabrina is - if you don't like working with people, then you should get another job because you are a poor representation of the brand doubletree and the hilton corporation. i am sorry that you hate your job and people so much and i still have no idea what happened in the 5 minutes you were checking me in but you are spiteful and should not be in customer service. i seriously hope your manager reads this and understands how poorly this review reflects on his hotel. i will also copy this review and email it to both doubletree customer service and the hilton customer service.

all in all, as a business traveler, it is exactly what you want in a hotel. big comfy bed, gym, starbucks in lobby, nearby watering hole.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jacqueline C
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience and are most surprised to learn about your perceived poor custumer service. We pride ourselves with mostly loyal surveys and are home to many loyal return customers and reading your survey clearly shows we failed to take excellent care of you.

Customer service starts by accepting responsibility and I offer you my apologies for your negative experience. Please know we care about you and hope you will consider us again. As a human institution we are subject to our own staff making mistakes also and how you respond is ultimately how you will be measured. I hope you will give us another chance at our service...many thanks!

Tulsa Downtown Doubletree Team