“Pleasant Property and People, GREAT Location”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I had a very nice stay at this property. The hotel is a bit dated - but the rooms are nice enough and clean. The people and the service were top notch. The location is fantastic - easy to find and just a few blocks from the river where there is a perfect walking/running path. If you're a runner and do business in Tulsa - this place is a must.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
TULSD, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Thank you for your kind review, indeed our location in the heart of downtown helps and we are glad our product and service was to your complete satisfaction. Come back soon, I look forward to reviewing your kind words with our entire team!

Stephan & crew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Very comfortable room. Wonderful staff and concierge. Enjoyed room service for breakfast and late night dinner! Had a wonderful stay.

Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
TULSD, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are delighted to learn once again how much our guests like our hotel and our service. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back. Please always travel safe!

Stephan & the entire team at the Doubletree Hotel Tulsa Downtown

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Only stayed here one night but wish I could have stayed longer. Room was quiet, well-furnished and attractive. Comfortable chair, very comfortable bed. Didn't have the river view, but the view of the Tulsa skyline is nice too.

Front-desk check-in was fast and friendly. Wasn't around long enough to use the restaurant or the fitness room, but everything looked great. Spaces available on the parking deck right next to the skywalk.

Downsides? No free wireless in the room, but it was available in the lobby. Vanity and toilet/shower are tucked into a pretty small space, which might be a problem for bigger groups, but I was alone. It's over in a corner of downtown, so it might not be the most convenient hotel for where you're doing business.

This hotel has been around for a while, but they've done a nice job of keeping it up and staff seems to be great. Looking forward to my next chance to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo

Many thanks for your kind review, we appreciate knowing you made it back home safe and sound. Thank you very much for being our guest, we know you have a choice and our team is delighted you selected us. Please come back soon, we are always "at your service" here at the Doubletree Tulsa Downtown!

Stephan & team

Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed there for three nights in conjunction with a wedding. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Parking was easy. Wireless Internet worked great. Breakfast buffet was bountiful and service was efficient. Everyone was friendly. If we are ever back in Tulsa, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Stayed here just one night in early May while attending a sporting event in town. The hotel charges for parking ($7.50) which seems unnecessary given the plentiful spots in the garage they have and given that the lot is unattended.

Service here is pretty good - I reserved my room by naming my own price on priceline ($49 plus tax - comes out to about $62) and after i got my initial room assignment of two double beds they were able to accommodate me and my fiance in a king bed room which was nice.

Room was pretty standard for a Doubletree -- not the nicest Doubletree I've been in but not bad either. Hotel had a pretty old 27 inch TV though, would be nice to see a flat screen. Bathroom was clean as is customary for a Doubletree.

Hallways were dark and dimly lit but the common area downstairs was nice. Shuttle drive was nice enough to run us over to the ballpark for the game. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
TULSD, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We are excited to learn you enjoyed your time and you will be pleased to know that we continue our efforts to upgrade our hotel, as we just completed our internet upgrade and now feature a reliable & fast internet connection. We also completed renovations of all our bathrooms and many of our guest rooms. 2010 and 2011 promises more new furniture for some of the remaining rooms and some suites and we never stop working for you.

Of course, we always will have those freshly baked warm cookies that our brand is famous for, as well as the warm and caring service. We wait for your return soon!

Tulsa Doubletree Team Downtown.

Reviewed June 14, 2010

luckily my stay was quickly turned around by the lovely katie at the front desk but i had reserved a room thru my travel agent for a business trip here. I requested (and paid for) a king size room since I was traveling solo on this trip. I actually meant to stay at the other doubletree location in tulsa but decided to stay at the downtown location since it was only one night.

upon arrival, i was very rudely greeted by the front desk rep sabrina who basically did all that she could do to make me feel unwanted. i have no idea what i did or said in the 5 minutes i was with her, but boy did she go out of her way to ruin this stay.

first - i inquired how far the offices i was going to in the morning were and if the shuttle would take me there - sabrina scoffed at me and gave me a curt "NO" come to find out that there is a sign in the elevator bank that displays the times the shuttle is available to take guests to neighboring areas.

second - i get to my room and it's a double. kind of disappointed, but not wanting to make a real stink, i call down to the front desk to inquire if i was given a wrong room as i had reserve a king. sabrina informed me very quickly that they are based on availability and that there were no kings available. never having been to tulsa before, i assume i spending the night in a hot area and that the empty lobby i had just seen will be filled with guests from all over the world.

i head over to the neighboring restaurant (baxter's - which is incredible and worth a visit especially if you are staying at the doubletree) to have lunch and relax. upon telling the above story to the patrons of baxters on how terrible the customer service is at doubletree, or mainly the front desk girl sabrina is, the owner of the restaurant scoffed at my story and said i was making it up - said that there was no way the hotel was sold out. the owner then picks up the phone and calls the hotel and gets another front desk rep, katie. mentions that there is someone at the restaurant who decided to spend the night in tulsa and wanted to reserve a king size room. was told by katie that there are SEVERAL king size rooms AVAILABLE and for them to come right over.

needless to say, i am now sitting in my king size bed still totally amazed at how rude and nasty this girl sabrina is - if you don't like working with people, then you should get another job because you are a poor representation of the brand doubletree and the hilton corporation. i am sorry that you hate your job and people so much and i still have no idea what happened in the 5 minutes you were checking me in but you are spiteful and should not be in customer service. i seriously hope your manager reads this and understands how poorly this review reflects on his hotel. i will also copy this review and email it to both doubletree customer service and the hilton customer service.

all in all, as a business traveler, it is exactly what you want in a hotel. big comfy bed, gym, starbucks in lobby, nearby watering hole.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacqueline C

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience and are most surprised to learn about your perceived poor custumer service. We pride ourselves with mostly loyal surveys and are home to many loyal return customers and reading your survey clearly shows we failed to take excellent care of you.

Customer service starts by accepting responsibility and I offer you my apologies for your negative experience. Please know we care about you and hope you will consider us again. As a human institution we are subject to our own staff making mistakes also and how you respond is ultimately how you will be measured. I hope you will give us another chance at our service...many thanks!

Tulsa Downtown Doubletree Team

Reviewed May 10, 2010

I have travelled throughout many countires and have stayed at all different levels of hotels which have included ones that had a 5 star rating. The employees at the Doubletree Downtown Hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma . gave outstanding friendly service that I have ever recieved from any hotel. The rooms were comforable, clean and well supplied with all the necessities that one needs when on business. I spoke with the General Manager to inform him of the good job his staff are doing. He mentioned that they have "Pure" rooms which help people that suffer from allergies. I highly recommend this hotel for those that want excellent service that is given in such a friendly and professional manner. Even the warm cookies upon arriving and leaving was a nice gesture. Great job. L. Arioto

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving us some feedback, glad to hear you enjoyed your time, our service and clean rooms and great location to any downtown venue. As the official Host Hotel to the BOK we enjoy many transient travelers who leave us favorable reviews and we always appreciate it.

We look forward to your return visit and will have those warm freshly baked chocolate chip cookies ready for you. Safe travels always,

Your Tulsa Doubletree Downtown Team