New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #13 of 110 Hotels in Tulsa
Houston, Texas
“An Oasis Though Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2006

I finally crashed here after searching throughout Tulsa for a decent hotel. I had been driving 12 hours and arrived around midnight in Tulsa and had a difficult time finding a nice non smoking room. Finally, I opted to stay here because the folks at the night desk were completely professional yet personable, had no qualms at my viewing the room before I booked, even though it required a staff person to walk me there, quite a ways up the elevator and down the hallway. Everything and everyone, from the room, to the hotel operator, to the front desk staff, to the coffee shop staff, were quality-oriented, helpful, accomodating and gracious. If they didn't know the answer to a question, they found someone who did. That says a lot for a place when one is trying to get help at 4 and 5 a.m. It was true southern hospitality at its best. The internet worked perfectly. The garage parking was conveniently connected to the hotel by a walkway. And the view from the room! The photos were taken through the glass, that's how clean and pretty it was. I was born in OK and have stayed there with relatives for years, but never realized how pretty downtown Tulsa is until staying here. Also, there's a convenient enclosed walkway to the convention center. The gym was moderately sized but very nicely set up with relatively modern machinery and a flat screen tv and a locker room with shower, and was well-used mornings and evenings. To top it off, there is a shuttle that will take you to points around town, including shopping at Utica Square, which was kind of pricey for OK though nice. 71st St shopping is much better, including the mall at 71st & Memorial. But the restaurants around Utica Square are FAB and that's where you should go for dinner rather than the one in the lobby, which was so-so, though the service was fine. The food was substandard. If I were to choose between this and the Doubletree near Warren I'd probably stay at this one again because of the city ambience, courtesy and convenience. The staff here was nicer than at Warren, where I've stayed several times and where they seem to have an "better than thou" attitude. I guess in a small-time town like Tulsa (which is something of a compliment since it's also very quaint there with great shopping) one might get that big fish in a small pond complex. Not so at this downtown location, where they are accustomed to serving travelers from all over the world.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank TravlingBard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2006

I stayed there on a business trip because it was cose to my meetings. I must have come at a bad time because te hotel was almost deserted. The room was spacious and clean but they charge $5 for self parking which sounds like just another way to remove a few more dollars from you but make the room price look cheaper. The restaurant is forgettable, don't waste your money there.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Peripatetic_Engineer
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

I use to like the Hilton brand until I stayed at the Doubletree in downtown Tulsa, OK. I thought it may be just Tulsa, but NO. The Doubletree promised me a great night's stay, they promised me the "Hilton promise" but I was "DUPED" Double Duped. Not only did I not have a great stay, the staff [--] and the service was less than desirable. They should change the flag to Days Inn. Is there another hotel in Tulsa that I can actually get a quality night's sleep? All I know is, I hope so!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2004

We have stayed at this hotel approx. 30 times in the past 10 years and seriously you cannot find a place this nice for the price. And of course those Doubletree cookies are the absolute best in the world!!!

• Stayed October 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2004

Stayed there on a weekend getaway with my wife about a year ago. Service was good. The room was nice. No problems to speak of. We also got a great deal.

3 Thank free2bpmg
Lewisville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2004

I have had to stay at this hotel on three separate occassions for business and each stay has gotten worse and worse. I will not stay here again. The last stay in March 2004 was the last straw--an unclean bathtub with hairs leftover from the last visitor, and then brown water from the faucet and in the tub. The water stained the towel I was standing on in the shower to a dark rust color--yes, it was gross. The management did comp me a night in the hotel, but knew before I even checked in that there was a problem with the pipes. So why give out rooms on the floors that are having problems? Other things on previous visits, such as a very unclean toilet in my room, no available bellman service, bad food in the restaurant, all have made me sure that I won't be back.

5 Thank deacons96
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2003

My FI and I went for a weekend getaway to Tulsa and stayed at the Double Tree, we LOVED it. The service was great, everyone was very nice, we got a military discount but they didn't down grade our hotel room at all, view is not that great but everything else was fantastic, they have an awesome Sunday brunch buffet!

1 Thank LambChops26