“Tokyo in Tulsa Weekend Stay”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #14 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa, United States
“Tokyo in Tulsa Weekend Stay”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I went to Double Tree for the TnT convention over the weekend. The hotel was wonderful except for two things. We didn't get in right away like they said we would when we showed up after three and the food was too spicy for us neither was there all that much to choose from.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

If you want to get somewhere in a hurry or to sleep without waiting for an elevator don't stay here! The elevators take forever and convinced one bank doesn't even work. Ti top it off they don't work at night! Another person who stays there often knew to get someone from the front desk to open the door to back of house for us to use the service elevators! He said the elevators never work at night.
If they ever tell you they don't have a rollaway bed - don't believe them! when we went to the service elevator I thought I was in a rollaway storage unit!
when you finally make it to the room you will see something that looks like a dressing room door - no that half door is to your closet.
Only thing good about this hotel was the nice lady who gave me a cookie at the front desk at 6 am.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Heather K
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I used the Double Tree for an anime convention which was literally across the street. Other than the bed being hard (to me) and the air conditioner having very little power, my overall experience was very good. I will be using the same hotel for this convention in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Tulsa, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very nice place to stay. Staff very nice and helpful. Getting a meal was stressful, staff seems to be stressed there. Bathroom was very small and hard to turn around in because of bath tub being so close. Comfy beds. Hotel guests only parking garage? couldn't find a place to park in garage. Had to park down the street first night.

United States
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was nice and my biggest complaint is that the room smelled like smoke. Being very sensitive to cigarette smoke odors, I had a headache for three days afterwards. The "pure" rooms were not ready yet so I was not able to get one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Donna P
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed two nights for a convention and it was amazing. Great service, place was well kept, and the pricing was not bad. I received my cookie but I don't care for peanuts. My floor had a great view of the city. The temperature in the room was easily adjustable. The bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed my time there but wished I had a little refrigerator in my room. I brought my own food so I can't comment on the food in the hotel. Due to the convention going on, it was loud in the hallways and the doors were loud when they opened and closed. Overall, it was a great stay and I can't see myself staying at another hotel when the convention comes around next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank ladyanime100 .
DoubleTreeFOM, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay so much and love hearing that you will be back. We love hosting Tokyo in Tulsa every year and certainly look forward to next year's conference!
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stay exclusively in Hilton brand properties when I travel. This hotel is consistently above average. Folks are pleasant for check in and rooms are comfortable. The bathrooms are a bit tight, though. And it would help to have their concession area with less steep prices. But otherwise a n above average hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great review, David! We certainly strive to be "above average" so it's great to see others who feel the same! We look forward to seeing you again next time!