“First Visit”

Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Choctaw, OK, United States
“First Visit”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was out first visit at this location. It proved to be an enjoyable one. The room had just been renovated and it was great. This is all I want to say and if that isn't enough, be sure to not contact me in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David W, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
David, thanks for the 5-star review and we're glad your first visit was a great one! I'm glad you are enjoying our renovations! We just placed our last floor out of order for renovations and couldn't be happier to be in the home stretch of our facelift. We certainly welcome any feedback you'd like to offer and feel free to call anytime, but if that's all you'd like to say, you made great use of such few words. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Lindale, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The shower head was not tighten and sprayed clothes, towels and all! Tighten as much as I could and It was late and we were tired and did not want Maintenance or housekeeping in our room that late. Otherwise the room was clean and smelled good. The rug was clean and bed clothes. Slept great just had to air dry or use sheet to dry with!! Lol!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Trudy, we're so sorry your room wasn't in full working order when you checked in! We were made aware of the shower after check-out and were able to get our maintenence team in there to resolve it. I certainly understand it being late and not wanting anyone else in the room, but our friendly engineering staff is on duty, 24/7 and are always happy to offer the quickest resolution possible! Thanks again for staying and letting us know of your concerns, but we're happy the rest of the stay was so pleasant!
Houston
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Clean Hotel, Nice Executive Floor Rooms but very limited choices for breakfast, lunch or dinner with large distance to other food options. Not convenient when on business trips you need to have several food options when You are inviting / entertaining clients.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your comments! We're so glad your experience was a good one and that you enjoyed your room accomodations. I will be sure to pass along the feedback to our Executive Housekeeper! Next time you stay with us, be sure to stop by the front desk for a list of downtown restaurants. Some of my favorite restaurants in all of Tulsa are within 1-2 miles from the hotel! We also feature shuttle service from 5am-11pm within a 3 mile radius of the hotel if you aren't able to drive. Thanks again for the feedback!
Petoskey, Michigan
Reviewed May 31, 2014

DoubleTree, and Hilton in general are usually rock solid. This one, not so much. Agree with recent reviews that indicate the same. The accommodations are fine but just NOT what you expect to get. The rooms are clean but a bit outdated, there is no fridge or microwave. There are small areas of mildew on the shower head and the grout.

My biggest complaint.... it's NOISY. I hear every conversation from the hallway, every cough from the lady with an obvious upper respiratory infection in the next room. I tend to sleep in when on vacation and was up every hour starting about 7AM. We left our room about 10:30 AM the first morning and apparently missed our opportunity to have our room changed. The housekeeping staff comes by so early we never ended up with a clean room. The bed is comfortable but made strangely. It was, however, affordable...but I guess you get what you pay for. Would much rather pay more to get more. Internet access was easy but signal strength marginal and lost service frequently.

The MADE market is great! Breakfast Ciabatta sandwich was freshly made to order, generous in size, tasty and affordable. Having the option to run down for a Coke or candy bar, juice, salad...til 10PM is very handy. The staff there is genuinely friendly and remembers you from prior days.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor! Clearly we had some hits and misses with your stay and we are so sorry the experience didn't meet up to our expectations. We love getting the feedback either way so we can be sure to direct it to the different department managers to make adjustments and improvements. We'd love to hear some more specifics if you would be able to give us a call at 918-587-8000!
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Came up to Tulsa for a 3 day vacation. Room was nice, but no fridge in the room. The air conditioner didnt work so never got below 73 degrees. Maid service came by at 8:15 every morning so room never got cleaned. Wont be staying here anytime soon.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chad B
David W, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Chad, thank you for your response to your recent stay with us! We regret that your stay was not more enjoyable and hope that you will try us again for future needs. I'm certain we can wow you on your next stay!
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I'm from Chickasha and came to Tulsa for a get-away/hang-out trip with my fiancé. I insisted we stay at this location because I used to stay here for business and had great experiences but it just wasn't the same this time.
The beds were comfortable but bathroom is tiny. No refrigerator or microwave.
The pool area was very clean.
There is no other option for parking besides the garage. Not complaining about that, just that they do charge $10 daily for parking just because it's a garage.
The staff at front desk forgot to validate our parking ticket so we had trouble getting in and out of garage the first day.
The worst thing for me was that every room has a thermostat but it does not function as such. Either the temperature is regulated by the hotel throughout the whole place or ours specifically did not function, I was unclear on that. I was burning up all night each night we were there and I am not a hot-natured person whatsoever. I canNOT sleep hot.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you so much for bringing these issues to our attention. I'm so sorry your experience here with your fiance was not a great one. To address just a few things; we have recently gone through a renovation, but it was more of a facelift than making any structural changes, so unfortunately the size of the bathrooms will not be changing any time soon. We also don't have any current plans to install fridges or microwaves in the rooms, although we do have both available for rent as well as complimentary use of our fridge and microwave located at the front desk. As far as parking, I am not aware of any hotels downtown that do not charge parking, and we have one of the lowest fees between other hotels. And finally, all of our rooms are individually controlled, so it sounds as if your A/C unit was not working properly. In most cases this is a very quick fix for our engineers to take care of, and if its not fixable in a timely manner we are also happy to try to accomodate you in other ways. Thank you again for your responses. We appreciate being given the opportunity to address our shortfalls with our management and staff!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here for one night drove from Texas, had my $900 camera stolen out of my room. So in order to talk to a manager I waited 15 minutes, then he filed a report, took 20 minutes to come back and said that they would have a manager call me, no one did. Apparently there are no cameras in this hotel. I called back when I got home to see if anything had be investigated and was on hold for 10 minutes to be told that I would have to call tomorrow to talk to a manager. There is no sense of urgency or sympathy when a guest of theirs had something stolen.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends