“Unpleasant Business Trip”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed March 27, 2014

First off, I've stayed at this Doubletree location once before and didn't remember having such a terrible experience. I don't remember having a great experience but definitely not as bad as this time around. The line to check-in took 10 minutes. When I checked in, they handed me a breakfast voucher instead of the 1,000 extra points Hilton offers their loyal members. I asked them to check my profile and switch out the voucher for points and they said no. As far as the room goes, the tub in the bathroom had a leak, there were hairs in the tub from the pervious tenant, and there forgot to refill the coffee packets for the following morning. I went to use their fitness facility and only 1 out of the 3 treadmills were in working order.

Positives include a decent restaurant with dietary considerations. The beds are extremely comfortable, and the staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. With all that said, I will not be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tamra H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed at this Downtown Tulsa Doubletree for business for 3 nights. All staff were helpful and delivered good service. Cookies were the best! Loved the restaurant concept and choices. Beds were comfy if you like a softer mattress, they do not have those dial-a-firmness mattresses, that's why I gave this location a 4 out of 5. Good value-Will stay again if working near downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Hilton Gold, stayed March 21-24, 3 nights

The good:
The reception welcome was great on a late Friday afternoon, very friendly, explained everything to me about the hotel, offered me water or a cookie. And was give a local area map. Had a good chat with Billy.

I was given a room on the HH floor, 1035, was at the end of a long corridor, very spacious, very quiet. The bed was super comfortable and the order of extra pillows and towels were waiting in the room. The bathroom was like a separate alcove from the main bedroom which was a nice feature.

The restaurant/ bar area was good, bar team were very friendly, beverages were reasonably priced but food was a little expensive, but no problem. Nice choices fro breakfast, hot buffet, fruit, cereals ( the normal American sugar cereal! ha ha ) bagels, muffins, range of juices, coffee.

The location is not an issue unless you're a lazy sod. It's a 5-10 minute walk to the main downtown area. Apparently the hotel has a shuttle anyway.

Overall the hotel was very quiet as it was a weekend, a few South-West flight crews in but apart from that, very quiet.

The not so good:

The previous reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel so MUCH BETTER than appears on TA. I have to admit after reading the previous reviews I booked with trepidation. Reading about slow lifts, noise in corridors, things being stolen from rooms, all ridiculous. The hotel was a good Doubletree standard hotel. I guess some people will never be pleased with any hotel. ( I am hoping the person who had stuff stolen from the room had the Police come by? Otherwise I suggest it's make believe.

The room air-conditioned, whilst effective when turned on but was very noisy. It's a very old system and needs replacement. So noisy, I couldn't have it on.

I thought the parking fee of $10 a day was over the top to be honest, but there are cheaper choices nearby.

Would I stay again: No doubt
Would I recommend: No doubt

Overview:

I found the hotel to be extremely good value for money ( parking fees excluded ), conveniently located for easy walking to the downtown area.

Room Tip: Don't believe everything you read, some of the reviews i rad are very unfair and simply not true
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We recent stayed here for a friends wedding & this is where they chose to reserve the block of rooms. We enjoyed our stay & the overall accessibility of the location. The room was clean & plenty big for 2 of us, although the suite one of our friends stayed in was smoky smelling & hadn't been updated. We also experienced a little snag when we were booking the room online & weren't able to use the wedding code, but it was later taken care of. The free shuttle service was fantastic & the market/restaurant/bar was really cute & convenient. Plus, those cookies they give you at check-in are mighty tasty & warm :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff was less than friendly/helpful, there was mold in the shower, the room was so hot at check in that I felt like I was in a sauna, the air conditioner worked slowly but it never got as cool as I wanted, the shower water was warm at best, the pop machine was broken (forcing me to buy an over priced pop in the market) and the breakfast was horrible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had an amazing stay in a suite at the Double Tree last weekend! The room was very clean and we loved how spacious it was. We would strongly recommend the hotel to families and couples visiting the downtown area of Tulsa.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of an event at the convention center so the location was very convenient. I understand in the downtown area a parking garage is a must for hotels but disappointed as a guest we were charged $10 to park. It was such an inconvenience to get to your vehicle from hotel and then in and out of garage that you almost have to eat there and I found the restaurant overpriced. The wait for an elevator was ridiculous don't think they were all working. We were a family of four with only two towels in our room. Went down to front desk to request more and was told they would be delivered to our room which they never were. Overall was disappointed at the rate we were charged I expected a much nicer stay. We've stayed at much cheaper hotels that were just as nice, if not nicer that we're more accommodating and offered free breakfast, free parking and plenty of towels. For $144.00 a night we were given a free cookie, thanks...

• Stayed: March 2014