“Business hotel, quiet on weekends”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #15 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Business hotel, quiet on weekends”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Hilton Gold, stayed March 21-24, 3 nights

The good:
The reception welcome was great on a late Friday afternoon, very friendly, explained everything to me about the hotel, offered me water or a cookie. And was give a local area map. Had a good chat with Billy.

I was given a room on the HH floor, 1035, was at the end of a long corridor, very spacious, very quiet. The bed was super comfortable and the order of extra pillows and towels were waiting in the room. The bathroom was like a separate alcove from the main bedroom which was a nice feature.

The restaurant/ bar area was good, bar team were very friendly, beverages were reasonably priced but food was a little expensive, but no problem. Nice choices fro breakfast, hot buffet, fruit, cereals ( the normal American sugar cereal! ha ha ) bagels, muffins, range of juices, coffee.

The location is not an issue unless you're a lazy sod. It's a 5-10 minute walk to the main downtown area. Apparently the hotel has a shuttle anyway.

Overall the hotel was very quiet as it was a weekend, a few South-West flight crews in but apart from that, very quiet.

The not so good:

The previous reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel so MUCH BETTER than appears on TA. I have to admit after reading the previous reviews I booked with trepidation. Reading about slow lifts, noise in corridors, things being stolen from rooms, all ridiculous. The hotel was a good Doubletree standard hotel. I guess some people will never be pleased with any hotel. ( I am hoping the person who had stuff stolen from the room had the Police come by? Otherwise I suggest it's make believe.

The room air-conditioned, whilst effective when turned on but was very noisy. It's a very old system and needs replacement. So noisy, I couldn't have it on.

I thought the parking fee of $10 a day was over the top to be honest, but there are cheaper choices nearby.

Would I stay again: No doubt
Would I recommend: No doubt

Overview:

I found the hotel to be extremely good value for money ( parking fees excluded ), conveniently located for easy walking to the downtown area.

Room Tip: Don't believe everything you read, some of the reviews i rad are very unfair and simply not true
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We recent stayed here for a friends wedding & this is where they chose to reserve the block of rooms. We enjoyed our stay & the overall accessibility of the location. The room was clean & plenty big for 2 of us, although the suite one of our friends stayed in was smoky smelling & hadn't been updated. We also experienced a little snag when we were booking the room online & weren't able to use the wedding code, but it was later taken care of. The free shuttle service was fantastic & the market/restaurant/bar was really cute & convenient. Plus, those cookies they give you at check-in are mighty tasty & warm :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
NEWTON
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff was less than friendly/helpful, there was mold in the shower, the room was so hot at check in that I felt like I was in a sauna, the air conditioner worked slowly but it never got as cool as I wanted, the shower water was warm at best, the pop machine was broken (forcing me to buy an over priced pop in the market) and the breakfast was horrible.

Stilwell, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had an amazing stay in a suite at the Double Tree last weekend! The room was very clean and we loved how spacious it was. We would strongly recommend the hotel to families and couples visiting the downtown area of Tulsa.

ft smith
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of an event at the convention center so the location was very convenient. I understand in the downtown area a parking garage is a must for hotels but disappointed as a guest we were charged $10 to park. It was such an inconvenience to get to your vehicle from hotel and then in and out of garage that you almost have to eat there and I found the restaurant overpriced. The wait for an elevator was ridiculous don't think they were all working. We were a family of four with only two towels in our room. Went down to front desk to request more and was told they would be delivered to our room which they never were. Overall was disappointed at the rate we were charged I expected a much nicer stay. We've stayed at much cheaper hotels that were just as nice, if not nicer that we're more accommodating and offered free breakfast, free parking and plenty of towels. For $144.00 a night we were given a free cookie, thanks...

• Stayed March 2014
Purcell, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Upon arrival we noticed that the stairs were out of order on the 4th floor which worried me. The Air conditioner did not work properly. There were cigarette burns in our furniture in a non-smoking room and Housekeeping woke us up at 8:00 a.m.

1 Thank Susan P
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have been staying at the Doubletree in Tulsa every few weeks for about a year. I have always receieved exceptional service. My most recent visit was far and above my expectations. The staff was very friendly and delivered things to my room as needed. Chase, Morgan, and Kacey get a special shout out! I am planning to stay at this hotel for any future visit to the Tulsa area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the glowing review. I am especially thrilled to see that you mention a few brand new team members - a great thing to see we continue to hire the right team. Your past business over the past year is much appreciated and we look forward to remaining your hotel of choice in the coming years!