“Not up to normal standards”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I look forward to staying at the Tulsa Downtown Doubletree every year for a conference that is in the hotel and across the street. I have thought in the past that the price per night is a little high seeing as the downtown hotel is in some ways dated. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in at the updates made however I was told that there were no rooms available as other people had not checked out. Please keep in mind that I had not only made a reservation but had prepaid as well. I was told by the front desk that they had secured me another room at a nearby Doubletree hotel at no charge. First of all it is a major inconvenience attending a conference that you have to drive 15-20 minutes in city traffic to get to. I was ok with it as they had given me the new room for free. I mean, who can complain... I was told by the hotel that the two hotels could shuttle me back and forth so I didn't have to drive. The new hotel was not ok with this as they only serviced the airport. Then when I got to my room my reservation had been changed from 1 king bed to two doubles. I asked the desk about it and she barked that that is the reservation that they got from the other hotel and that it wouldn't matter because they were booked. I was 10 seconds away from just going home. Because of this change in hotel, I missed the first afternoon of the conference which was the main reason I was there. Apparently there was a lady who wanted to trade her king for two doubles so we ended up getting what we wanted. I am sorry to sound rude but a free room that caused me to be stressed out when I was on basically a vacation, ending up missing over half of my conference, missing an important alumnist dinner, getting barked at by a desk clerk, and having to drive back and forth was not worth it.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel has a good location and has recently undergone a remodel. It is located across the street from the convention center and convenient to the BOK. It is a beautiful facility and the restaurant is a new concept for the brand. However, the quality of service provided by the staff can be spotty.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We usually have a good experience at this hotel. Typically staying 1-2 times a year for cheer competitions. Our 2 night stay in December (13-15) was very good. I believe the hotel may have been sold out. However, on our most recent stay (January 10-11), that was not the case. The hotel was not sold out this particular weekend. If your reservation states that you will have 4 people staying in your room, there should be 4 towels in your room. We only had 2. This was isolated to our stay in January. They have a door hanger service where you can order room service breakfast. When it works, it is amazing. You just mark what you want and hang it on the door before a specified time and your food magically shows up the next morning. The first morning in December, I went down to the restaurant and stood in line/waited forever. Other cheer families used the room service and mentioned it was a better option. The second morning in December, we ordered via the door hanger and got our food at the time requested - it may have even been a few minutes early. When were there in January, apparently they lost all of the door hangers that were placed on the doors with orders. We called 30 minutes after our food was supposed to arrive. We were told that they didn't have our order. The waffle maker was broken. This was not an event isolated to our room/floor. There were other cheer families in our group who stayed on other floors. They ordered breakfast the same way, but never got their food either. We got our food because we called and requested to. Others called and chose to forgo their breakfast service. We did get our breakfast comped. This was prompted by us.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Rooms are clean and spacious; bed was comfortable, a lot of pillows. Very comfortable, parking is substantial. Good value for price. Front Dest staff were helpful and pleasant. In-house cafe was clean and service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I paid for the upgraded river view for our king size room, the river is far away and blocked by disgusting industrial buildings. There is also a non negotiable $10 parking fee which is ridiculous for the price paid for the insulting upgrade I requested. I will never again stay at this hotel unless they fix my problem by refunding me the difference between the regular room vs. the upgraded room and the parking fee, which I have yet to find out if they will. Do not pay for an upgrade here, there is no such thing but a dollar sign difference. I also had problems with the restaurant staff in the morning but when you hire young kids to do a job what can you ask for.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Devin L
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I checked into my room on the 5th floor with my 16 yr old daughter. I asked for 2 room keys but was told that we could only have 1 key because they were running low. The room was by the elevator and there were some noisy kids in the room next door that kept banging on the adjoining door. We were there for a cheer competition so I expected a lot of noisy kids but this was ridiculous. I asked to switch rooms and they put me on the 6th floor, but told me I had 20 minutes to move my belongings before the room key expired. My daughter was at a cheer meeting so I had to move all of our suitcases and bags without the offer of any help. Once inside the room I noticed hair in the sink, blood on the shower handle, lotion smeared on the mirror and a dirty towel. I went back down to the front desk and told them the room was unacceptable. So they told me I had to switch rooms again. Once I got into the new room I noticed debris on the carpet, dirty mirrors and some kind of blue residue in the sink. I was told there was nothing else they could do. I've stayed at doubletrees before and this by far is the worst one I have ever visited. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Arrunner74
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were in town for a concert, and the hotel was a quick walk from the venue. The room was clean and well kept. Would certainly stay there again. Room service was a bit of a disappointment, but breakfast at the restaurant was much better.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple