“Not what advertised”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Room was smelly, tub and sink dripped and didn't drain. Didn't get breakfast menu card except for first day,even though I called down to request one. On the one day I got a menu card I got the wrong order, was charged the wrong amount. Desk clerks were rude

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for a less than ideal stay. Your comments will be used as training tools for with our staff and we will strive to improve our service levels. I hope that you will give us another chance on a return visit to Tulsa. Again, thank you for your comments and for your business.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Double Tree is usually an upper end hotel so I was really surprised when I stayed at this particular one. I have stayed here years ago and did not have the issues I had on this particular stay of 6 nights. With a stay this long, it is obvious I didn't just catch them on a bad day.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read your stay was not as you had expected. We are working diligently to upgrade the hotel in numerous ways. In the next few months, we will be completing further upgrades to the guest rooms with new carpets, draperies, soft seating, bedding and in room safes. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to see the new product in the near future. Please accept my apologies and know that your comments matter to us.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This property is very nice! Upon arrival and check-in, the staff greeted me with upmost courtesy. It is apparent that the hotel has been recently remodeled; the lobby has been updated with high end fixtures and furnishings, as well as the guestrooms. Everything was very clean and fresh. I arrived later in the evening and had missed dinner so I ordered room service. The food was great and delivered fresh and hot. It is also conveniently located for quick access to highways. I highly recommend this property to anyone looking to stay in Downtown Tulsa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read such a positive review and to see that our improvements we have been making are being noticed. We have even more to come with a meeting space renovation, public restroom renovation, new lobby furnishings, remodeling of the front desk and early in 2014, the guest rooms will receive new carpet, wall vinyl, draperies, sheers, mattresses, in-room safes and soft seating! We look forward to your return to see the continues improvements.

Again, thank you for your comments and for your business.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was up to Hilton's, quality, however only 1 clerk to check in the afternoon of a sold out hotel. Really? The food place food is way overpriced at late night and a 8 buck sandwich is comparable to a 711 sandwich . The room was clean and very nice

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding you recent stay with us. Overall, it sounds as if you were pleased with the stay but please accept my apologies for the staffing snafu you experienced. I can assure you it wasn't scheduled that way. As to the restaurant, we are redesigning our menu as I type this and I hope you will be pleased with the changes.

Again, thank you for your comments and for your business. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel was very nice. It has been renovated, and was done very well. The rooms had a clean smell to them and the staff was very kind and professional. Internet hook-ups were a little confusing and they charged for that. For the price of the room it should have been included. We got passes for the breakfast down in the lobby. The servers were excellent. The second day we wanted it brought to our room, the time past and no breakfast. There was a mix-up, so that was a little bit upsetting, so we went down to the breakfast downstairs and it was all good. Great location if your attending something at the BOK center. Very short walking distance and your car is parked in the hotel parking garage. Make sure you validated your parking at the desk. It costs $10 but it lasts your entire stay with them. Great visit. I will book them again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim D
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the problems you encountered with the Made Market in room delivery. We are checking to see exactly what happened. I was very pleased to read the rest of your stay was great and we appreciate your positive comments about the staff. Please remember us on any return visits to Tulsa. Again, thank you for your comments and for your business.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been trying to make a simple change to my reservation. After being passed around, put on hold countless times, I was able to change a portion of my reservation before we were disconnected. The next reservation assistant was difficult to understand and didn’t understand a simple request to change arrival dates, she was NOT able to make changes without the help of her supervisor, she put me on hold then told me to call back tomorrow because they were too busy at that moment to help me!! Well, news flash Double Tree, I am busy too!

1  Thank Harriet B

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent interaction with us. While certainly your experience is not what we strive for, the information is very valuable to us in training our staff. Your comments will be passed on to our central reservations office for further investigation. You mention you were able to change a portion of your reservation, if there are additional changes, please do not hesitate to contact us direct at 918.732.3602 and we will handle on property.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I pulled up to the hotel and went into the lobby to check-in, it was packed! I got in line to wait my turn and the line went surprisingly fast. I watched the hotel staff and they never once looked frustrated or over-whelmed. I was very impressed and give the management a lot of credit for their service! I recommend this hotel if you doing anything at the Convention Center, great location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you so much for such a positive review and I couldn't agree more that first impressions do count. Often times, convention check ins can be a challenge both for the guests and the staff and I was thrilled to read that our team handle well. I will be sure to discuss with the team and congratulate them on a job well done. Your review is appreciated as well as your business. Please join us again on your next visit to Tulsa.