“Supporter of Hilton...until now”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa, United States
“Supporter of Hilton...until now”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stay at Hilton's for business and have been wanting to exclusively stay at Hilton properties until my most recent visit to the Hilton Doubletree Downtown in Tulsa, OK. I was shocked to find the extremely and dirty stained beds and was even more shocked when the issue further escalated after a request was made to change the sheets. This proved to be a huge ordeal as I was told several times that there was no maid service at night. I was working and was unable to come early and "check" my bed to be clean while a maid was on staff. The gentleman changed my pillow case reluctantly and proceeded to get more frustrated as I felt he wasn't understanding my concern that the pillows were dirty so in my opinion the whole bed needed to be changed. He threw the dirty pillow case on the other queen bed thereby making that bed dirty from whatever the yellow substance was that was on my pillow cases. He threw my top sheet and comforter on the floor as he changed the bottom sheet and proceeded to walk over the sheets as he made the bed but then didn't understand why I requested that the top sheet be changed after already being on a dirty bed but on the floor and being walked on. He then didn't get why I was annoyed that the other bed (that had hair in it by the way) was now dirty with the yellow substance from the dirty pillow case. I eventually just requested pillow cases and for him just to forget about it because it was just getting too out of hand. I informed the manager on duty the next morning and he did give me half off of my visit but his attitude and demeanor just made me feel he wasn't really caring about the problem at hand but just amusing me and wasn't going to do anything about it. I didn't care anything about the money, I just simply wanted someone to say they were sorry. I have never felt so disrespected and unwelcome at a hotel. I pay good money to stay at a Hilton property due to the reputation but sadly won't be going back and will request my company to send me elsewhere. It's a shame that a loyal customer and supporter is ran off so to speak by lack of customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Krista P
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. While it is never easy to ready of what I can only term as an Epic Fail, it is even worse to not find out about them. Clearly we let you down on all levels. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss and compensate you for our lack of service during your visit. Please contact me at the hotel so we can resolve this issue and regain your faith in Hilton Worldwide.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013

DoubleTree Hotel is a very wonderful and amazing place to rest your mind, body and soul. I almost wish it was a way that I could live in the Hotel : ) Everything was like a dream come true. It felt like I had just walked into Heaven when I walked through the doors of this wonderful Hotel. I definitely encourage anyone to stay an entire weekend at the DoubleTree Hotel if you ever get a chance. I have stayed in many hotels before and I must say that this hotel is one of my top 5. I give the hotel 5 stars : }

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the glowing review! It is nice see that our efforts are noticed by our guests. We look forward to your next visit. Again, thank you for your comments and your business.
Monroe, LA
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree on put way to the Badlands. Our room was very nice, our meal in the restaurant was good, and the staff was very friendly. We would stay there again. The oy negative was that the interstate is being worked on and several exits were closed. We has a difficult time getting out of downtown, but that's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are all pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and would welcome you back anytime. The freeway construction is a bit of a pain but will be so nice once completed. We look forward to a return visit and thank you for your business.
Lubbock ,Texas, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had the best stay we have ever had at any hotel ever!! The staff was great, the room was very nice. Soft bed, really clean and quiet. We went to Tulsa to look up a childhood friend, finding him and the great stay we had at the Doubletree, made this trip all worth it. We will most defiantly stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read the positive review and look forward to welcoming you back again. What a great story of reconnecting with an old friend and we are happy to have been a part in the reunion. Again, thank you for the review and for your business!
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Doubletree Hotel is 5 times better than the one on South Yale Tulsa. better furniture, bigger room and better staffs. All 94 TV channels are HD. AC is not loud, semi-walk-in closet. Downtown Tulsa is super quiet, no cars no people no activity, only one good Italian Restaurant name Ti-Amo about 5 blocks away, really good food, its about $$$, approx $30 per

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us. While we love and respect our friends at the Doubletree Warren Place, we liked your review even better! Please know that your are welcome anytime! Again, thank you for your review and for your business.
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We were hot and travel weary when we walked into this hotel. Jacob, the desk clerk, was friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and clean, the bed comfortable, and the price was right!!! We'll definitely pay this Double Tree another visit!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Jacob is one of our stars and it is always nice to see he continues to wow our guests. We are excited that you will visit us again and look forward to your next stay. Thank you again for the review and for your business.
Davis, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I just spent a night to make an evening and morning event. Our Dinner was served by an extremely friendly and helpful staff. Our room was very clean, the bed comfortable. I always rate my stays by how noisy the atmosphere is. I could have heard a pin drop. No slamming doors, stomping, or shouting. We really enjoyed a good nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. We are working hard to improve the property and I was very pleased to see our work is paying off. Please remember we are here to serve and look forward to your next visit to Tulsa. Again, thank you for your review and for your business.