“Holy thin walls Batman!”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #15 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
New York, NY
“Holy thin walls Batman!”
Reviewed May 31, 2008

I am in this hotel now, in town for a funeral, and trying to catch a short afternoon nap, and there is a family in the room next to me whose young kids seem to be auditioning for American Idol at the top of their lungs. Hotel seems fine, but beware of the VERY thin walls. You will hear everything your neighbors do, and they will hear you.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank jeremy_bentham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Minnesota
Reviewed April 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a Tandem Rally being held in Tulsa. I can not say enough about the friendliness of all the staff we came in contact with from check-in to check-out. When we first arrived, we were handed our room keys and a delicious cookie. When we got to our room, we noticed the past occupant chose to smoke in this non-smoking room. We mentioned this to the staff at the front desk and they immediately offered us another room. We ended up in room 1501. A corner room overlooking the city. It was clean with a King-sized pillow top bed--very comfy! The bathroom is rather small but the sink is outside the bathroom so that worked for us. Wireless internet was charged in the room but free in the hotel lobby. The lobby was very nice with a variety of comfortable sitting areas. We only had breakfast once in the hotel restaurant and it was good. We were able to get an extended check-out at no cost. The hotel also had a complimentary shuttle service. I would stay here again if I were ever to be in Tulsa again.

Stayed April 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We stayed here as part of a large group of out- of- towners in for a wedding. The rooms were large and clean. What really made the stay was how helpful the front desk staff was. They were always cheerful. They have hotel vans that will shuttle you anywhere within 5 miles for free. We used them to drop us off and pick us up from shopping during the day, and for transport to the rehearsal dinner and wedding. The shuttle also provided free airport transportation. Another party of 4 in our group paid $40 for the same service, one way. The only cons were that the maid service was a little slow, the pool is a little cool, and the restaurant is mediocre. Those issures were more than made up for by the attentive staff.

• Liked — roomy
  • Disliked — lighting a little dim
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Spent 3 nights at the hotel and found the service to be from poor to way above average. The front desk was fine but somewhat unresoonsive to a simple request to change out a broken TV changer. There was a small power surge and the barkeep continuously complained that he had to manually write peoples tickets and charge it to the room, a total turnoff when you are trying to eat.

The rooms are old looking with very comfortable beds. They are quite spacious but could probably use an overhaul to bring them up to more today's standard.

• Liked — Big room with comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Mediocre service and not many restaurants around
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Having stayed at a wonderful Doubletree location in Georgia two months before, I had high expectations. Apparently not all of this company's hotels are held to the same standard. The lobby and common areas were beautiful and spacious, but when we got up to our room it was quite a different story. The room was spacious, but the outdated furniture was not enough to fill it or make it feel inviting. The carpet outside the bathroom was very wet (yuck) and the light in the shower/toilet section of the bathroom did not work. They offer a decent military discount, though, even for last-minute travel. If I ever visit Tulsa again, I'm not very likely to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
seattle
Reviewed November 18, 2007

I came to Tulsa from Seattle to attend the Route 66 Marathon on Sunday November 18, 2007. The DoubleTree Downtown was listed as the sponsor and Host hotel for participants. I made my reservation in August of 2007.

I arrived at the DoubleTree Downtown on Saturday Afternoon wanting to relax and meet up with friends that I was meeting up with in Tulsa (they were staying at another Hotel- more on that hotel later). I went to check -in and the front desk lady named Angei told me that they were oversold and that I was not going to be charged, but that I was "On Our Own" to find another hotel. Yes, I was mad, I was tired, and had made my reservationsover 3 1/2 months ago. I was trying not to panick, I have never been to Tulsa and was not sure were to stay, since I was told that every hotel in Tulsa was sold out for the marathon.

I tried to ask Angie to help me and she stuck her hand in my face and said "Ma'am you dont have a reservation here so leave" I had my confirmation E-mail in my hand - so Yes I did have a reservation. I asked for the Manager and Angie told me "There is Nothing they can do for you, I am the highest you will get". Angie was nasty, rude, mean and has no customer service experience, I was not blaming her personaly for this error, but All I wanted was some help in finding a place to stay.

I steeped away from the counter to call my friends to see if I could room with them at their hotel. While I was calling them, Angie, had the nerve to treat every person after me the same way. No care for the situation, She was telling everyone to "Just Leave", while she was smacking on her gum and playing with her cell phone.

I got ahold of my friend and they were staying at the Downtown Palza Hotel, 3 blocks away. My friends where just checking in and the Hotel had just had 2 cancelations due to flight cancelations and they had the hotel save me a room and the people behind me a room and we left the DoubleTree and Angie for good. I will NEVER go back to the DoubleTree in Tulsa, or anywhere else.

Please read my review on the Downtown Plaza Hotel of Tulsa, It is under the old name of Ramada Inn Downtown Tulsa.

• Liked — They Oversold, so I never got to see my room
  • Disliked — The Staff! Angie was rude and nasty to everyone!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank Run_sam_run
Chicago
Reviewed October 24, 2007

Downtown tulsa is changing for good but the hotels are changing for worse it seems especially Doubletree Downtown. My check in was slow and tedious but bearable. However the room was disgusting with dirty sheets and used towels. Complaining about it gave nasty attitude from front desk. Wish I had stayed in another hotel maybe the Crowne which was a pleasant experience last time.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business