“Great Stay”

Ranked #15 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
DALLAS
“Great Stay”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Other than having my wallet stolen from my car as I unloading my car the stay was fantastic! The room was very clean and peaceful. I stayed an entire weekend and didnt hear anything from other guests. I had no idea that the hotel was dog freiendly. Being a dog lover, I thought it was very cool. As far as the room goes, I had an ok view. Tulsa doesnt have great scenery but I was disappointed. The sheets were cleaned and room was comfy. The breakfast was great. The warm was warm and the waiter was very polite. He made sure that my drink was filled and offered to prepare another plate for me. Other than my misfortune the stay was great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. While I was thrilled to read your comments about the hotel I am concerned about your wallet being stolen in the garage. Was it dropped and stolen? We are in the process of installing cameras in the garage to avoid any problems, although this hasn't been an issue in the 31 years the hotel has been open. Please feel free to contact me direct if you would like to discuss further. Again, thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
kansas city
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am pretty hotel picky. The lobby is nice and the staff is super nice. The down stairs bar slash restaurant is also goods w a variety and snacks to go. The rooms have been updated but not maintained. There is a tear in the carpet and a couple of stains. But otherwise fairly good. The shuttle drivers are super friendly and genuinely pleased to take you somewhere. I would come back because the service is great not necessarily for the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
Derby, Kansas, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel, the last time in 2009. We love this hotel's location in relation to the BOK Center. It's just a short walk from the hotel to the center, some of it under covered walk-way. The hotel staff was great, especially at the front desk. We were greeted with great, quick service, even though they were busy, and a warm cookie. We were given clear directions to find our room and all of our questions were answered. I do have a few areas of concern. Although the room was very nice, there was a pretty big area of rust/discoloration around the drain in the bath tub and also in the corner of the tub. I am sure it had been cleaned, but it just gave the appearance of being dirty. Also, the shower head is installed very low. My husband actually hit his head while taking a shower on the shower head, and he is only 5' 9". On the plus side, the bed was very comfy as well as the pillows and comforter. We had a very restful night's sleep. In the morning, we tried the breakfast buffet at the Made Market. I felt the price of $14.95 a piece for the buffet was a little on the high side. The food was just ok, nothing special. Unfortunately, the service was lacking. I had to track down someone twice to get drinks brought to the table, and there weren't any glasses available at the drink stations set up. Also tried to get some cranberrry juice at the station....empty. It just didn't seem like there was enough help around this morning to assist the breakfast crowd. They started taking down the bread station about 15 minutes before the buffet was to end. The attendant did allow me to select things from it, from the tray where she had it stacked on. Not a bad experience, but for the $30 breakfast price tag, I just expected better. We also ate in there the night before. The tomato soup was awesome! A young lady taking orders recommended it and she was right on! There was a nice buffet set up, but we felt the $25.00 a piece price tag was more than we wanted to pay. But it did look like very good food for someone willing to pay the price. We will stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat, the next time we attend a concert at the BOK, mainly because of the location, followed by the friendly staff and the comfortable beds.

Room Tip: We had a corner king on the 8th floor. Nice size for two people. Very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you are staying in downtown Tulsa and plan to do business there or go to a concert at the BOK Center; there is no better place to stay than the Doubletree in downtown Tulsa. When I checked in considering the number of people in line, I didn't wait more than 5 minutes to be checked in. The desk clerk was pleasant, nice, informative and explained parking procedures quickly and efficently. When she gave me my room key's she asked if I wanted chocolate chip cookies which were warm and chewy and full of chocolate chips! There is a parking garage at the Doubletree as well as valet parking but I never saw a "specific sign" designating where to pull in for Valet Parking because I would have paid extra for that! Our room was comfortable, clean, larger than the average hotel room and provided plenty of amenities for a good nights sleep. The hotel provided plenty of literature on the hotel itself, stuff to do in Tulsa and even a map of the area. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of outlets for cell phones and cpap machines. The view from our room wasn't all that great but we weren't there for the view! The ice machine was close by as well as vending. When it came time to eat the Front Desk provided options for restaurants near by and easy directions. Our check out process was even faster and the room service we ordered the next day for breakfast was prompt and the food was really good. When I lost the validated ticket for the parking garage there was a member of the Doubletree Team ready to assist and get me out of the garage. If you are going to a concert at the BOK center this place is clearly the place to stay! Besides the service you recieve as well as the amenities of the hotel the BOK Center is clearly with in walking distance of the Hotel...matter of fact when you leave the BOK Center you see the sign that says Doubletree glowing against the Tusla skyline...there is no way you can get lost! When I go to a concert at the BOK center I will not ever stay any place else but the Doubletree!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights for a conference. The hotel décor is very modern and welcoming. The guest rooms, restaurant, meeting rooms and common areas were all very clean and "up to date." The staff is friendly and helpful. The only negative about the hotel is that it is right downtown and there are not many places within walking distance to eat after 5pm or on weekends. However, the hotel does have a shuttle that will take guests within a certain radius of the hotel. For those wanting to eat or shop away from the hotel, I suggest the shuttle. Overall, this is a good hotel at a good price!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear that we met or exceeded your expectations. Downtown Tulsa is continually evolving and more evening activities are planned for the area. As you mention, we always have the shuttle. Again, thank you for the comments and for your business.
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We love Hilton’s DoubleTree chain and did not think twice about booking a room at the downtown location in our home town during our wedding weekend. The staff is outstanding and the new Made Market and Bar are also excellent, but that is where the upscale experience ends. We booked a king and it was cramped and somewhat outdated. The bathroom was so narrow and awkward it was a real experience trying not to stumble over the toilet when stepping out of the shower. Not to mention having to having to lean on the toilet to get the door open to exit. Toos in that there is no mini fridge and internet and parking were extra and it was a real let down for a three night stay. We simply expected better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. While I was very pleased to see you enjoyed our staff and the new Made Market, it was disappointing to hear of your displeasure with the room product. We are working diligently to make further improvements to the property and in the planning stages of room renovations. While the space is a 1980's design, our improvements should help the issue. I hope that you will give us another chance for an in town get away. Please know we appreicate your comments and your business.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed over memorial day weekend and at every turn, the staff were accommodating and our stay was very comfortable and relaxing. Staying at a hotel with a two year old isn't always easy, but the staff here were gracious, patient, and helpful. The gave us cookies every time we passed through the lobby (in case our son might want another), they brought us a "to go" container at breakfast because they knew we were headed to a golf tournament during the day and wanted us to take "snacks" for our son from the buffet, and all staff that we encountered spoke to us and our son. The room was comfortable and we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great comments. We love to hear when we exceed expectations and make our guest's life a bit easier. It is nice to hear we made your two year olds trip a good one as well - can't start too young on building loyalty! We really appreciate your comments and your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.