“Okay but not great”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel is not realy downtown but on the edge and as the streets in Tulsa are void of pedestrians you are not comfortable walking downtown to restaurants at night. That said, they provide you with complimentary shuttle service to downtown which is very convenient. The room was fairly comfortable, but the bed was somewhat saggy and the drain in the bath did not work very well so you were ankle deep in water when showering. The breakfast is overpriced and charging for Wifi is annoying. There are no restaurants in the vicinity so you have to drive to eat out or call the shuttle. I would stay in a hotel more in the heart of downtown next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retiredcanadian_wpg
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Tulsa Downtown. While I certainly can't change the location of the property, we strive to minimize the location with the shuttle and I am pleased to hear you found this helpful. In January, we will open our new restaurant concept, Made Market, which will offer a great solution for in-house dining not typically found in a hotel. As for the bed and bathtub issues, I have the staff looking to ensure those issues are addressed. Again, thank you for your review and for your business.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed in the Tulsa's downtown Doubletree Hotel for the Route 66 Marathon event and was very satisfied with the stay. The hotel is located across the street from the Cox Convention Center and features a skywalk to the convention center such that it's unnecessary to walk outside in chilly weather to arrive there. Very courteous reception staff, fine assortment for the continental breakfast and fantastic and courteous shuttle service. The room interior wasn't like new but not terribly outdated either. Better said, the room was comfortable and well furnished. The hotel features a well maintained fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub. There is an internet station beside reception in addition to a separate business center elsewhere within the hotel. The lobby is spacious with good atmosphere. I will try to stay at this hotel for next year's marathon event.

Room Tip: I slept on the fifteenth floor and didn't experience any issues with noise. I suspect any room w...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive review regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Tulsa Downtown. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next year for the marathon. You are always welcome at the Doubletree Tulsa Downtown.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Room was very comfortable; everything spotless and clean. We were returning to the airport early in the AM for 0600 flight; front desk carefully mapped out directions so we would not get lost in downtown highway construction. This was a proactive move on their part - and saved us from getting lost. Very helpful staff; I liked the layout; there is a computer right at the front desk to print out boarding passes, very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay. It is always rewarding to see that our staff is taking that little bit of extra time to make a difference. The downtown highway construction can be a bit tricky. Please know that you are always welcome at the Doubletree by Hilton Tulsa Downtown. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for the Tulsa 1/2 marathon. Location was great for both start and finish. Be warned no free parking and no free WiFi (unless you are Hilton Honors member). Also, there was no complimentary breakfast such as what was being offered at other hotels in the immediate area. The accommodations were so-so. I had a room that adjoined to another. This door was pencil thin and allowed all kinds of noise from the other room into mine and I am sure the other room experienced the same. I was impressed with the customer service. We had an barking dog on our floor and the front desk was prompt in locating the owners and silencing the animal. The bathroom was clean, but did not have a door separating the sink area from the rest of the room. The shower/toilet area was very small and if you needed privacy you had to squeeze into that room. Tough to change clothes in such a small space.

Hotel seemed to be undergoing some renovations as there were 3 different types of carpet in various areas (lobby, elevator, room). You would think this wouldn't be noticed, but the different in quality of the carpets made it noticeable.

In all I would say this is a decent hotel, but if you are booking for the Tulsa Route 66 run, I would try elsewhere first. More amenities and freebies offered at other hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. As you mention, we are undergoing some major renovation projects at the current time. The most exciting is the new restaurant concept - Made Market - which will open in January. This will be followed by new carpets in the lobby, a new reception area, new public restrooms, new guest room doors and elevator cabs. We are also looking to move to a free internet pricing structure sometime in 2013. I was very pleased to read the positive comments about our staff. Again, thank you for your comments and for your business.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stay at Hilton properies alot. From the lobby this looks like a very nice property. Desk people were very nice. The room is decent. Bathrooms are tiny with the sink outside. The closets do not have a full door...just strange. Noticing alot of small flys in my room. Not sure if this is a Tulsa thing or not. The elevators are painfully slow. Internet is good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. It is from all guests comments that we can learn and improve. While we won't be expanding the bathrooms in the near future, we are in the process of major improvements, most obvious is the complete renovation of our restaurant and lounge, due to be completed in January 2013. We are looking into the small fly issue in the room as that is not normal - thank you for the heads up.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

There was some construction in the lobby so not as neat as my last time here. I had a 6am meeting and a 445am wake up call, so imagine my surprise when at 1130pm the room next door suddenly began BLARING the tv, as if it was turned up to full volume. After about 20 minutes I called downstairs, they said they would check on it. 30 minutes later no relief so I called again and they said whoever was in there had the deadbolt on and wouldn't answer the door. So at 1230 am I had to get dressed to move to another room. The night manager promised me some extra reward points but at check out they acted as though they couldn't do that and couldn't compensate me for my bad night. I am still exhausted as I write this from only 3 and 1/2 hours sleep so doubt ill return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Bruce S, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. While positive reviews are always nice, those that inform us about our short falls are even more important. Please accept my apologies for the noise issue you encountered. Unfortunately, we can't always control the actions of other guests in house. We have issued a 20K point credit to your account as originally promised. The renovation of our restaurant/bar area is moving along nicely and I am sure you will enjoy the finished product. I hope that you will give us another opportunity of your travels bring you back to Tulsa.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Half the price of the Ambassador, and more than half as good! Clean and good mattresses. It's a good downtown business hotel. We had two rooms for a musical show my son had at the Mercury lounge and no complaints, except when you book a room they evidently switch your call to Mumbai.

Room Tip: View rooms don't have a great view, I wouldn't pay extra for the ones we had. The Sunday buf...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding you recent stay with us. Your positive comments are much appreciated. Please keep us in mind on your next visit to Tulsa!