“Affordable, Solid Business Hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Dallas, Texas
“Affordable, Solid Business Hotel”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree Tulsa in Mid-April 2012.

It is a very reasonably priced, centrally located business hotel in Tulsa. Overall I was happy, my room was clean, recently updated, the front desk staff was very friendly and nice, and the lobby was open, bright, and inviting. I would stay here again without concern, just for the clean room and the great rate.

Highlights:
There are 17 or so floors in this hotel, many of them have been updated recently. Contemporary carpet designs in the elevator lobby's, pleasant muted tones in the hallways, good lighting. Feels very current and comfortable

Views: Great view of downtown Tulsa--which may not sound that great, but I could see the First United Methodist Church, which is huge and gothically beautiful, and it was a pleasant surprise to have a nice view.
Rooms have duvets, and the famous comfortable Hilton bed, nice granite counters, good a/c, very comfortable.

Bar is big, lots of seating, and good selection of spirits and wine. Fast service, and reasonable prices.

Workout room had plenty of space and Precor machines.

The bathroom is updated, but it's still an older layout, so the shower/tub/commode area is extremely tight. They did leave the old "sunlamp" fixture in, complete with it's retro timer knob, and I couldn't decide if it was retro kitschy or old and tacky, but I'll go with retro kitschy.

Lowlights:
I'm going to give overall lowlights, and then some that were unique to my experience (overall)

Garage: The garage is adjacent to the Convention Center, and is apparently used by both the hotel and the Convention Center, I had to go to the 5th floor of the garage before there was room. The elevators in the garage are gross and dingy. Note to the DoubleTree--This is your first opportunity to make an impression, and it's not a good one

Breakfast Restaurant:
There is apparently only a buffet, no option to order from a menu. That may not be the case, but that was my case, as no one checked on me after I was seated to see if I wanted a menu. I had to finally wave over a busboy to get coffee. Very frustrating experience. The food on the buffet was decent, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, yogurt, limited fresh fruit, toast, bagels, and apparently they offer muffins at some point, but by 8am, they were all gone, and they didn't replenish.

Frankly the reason this hotel is getting 3 stars vs. 4 is that my breakfast experience frustrated me
so much.

Lastly, my checkin didn't go well. They gave me the wrong key--technically the right key, they gave me the wrong room number, but I had to go back down to the front desk to sort it out. Not ideal, but this happens occasionally at all hotels, so not a big deal.

Room Tip: Apparently not all floors have been renovated, but I know that 17 and 15 are, I'd ask for a room...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Edmond, OK
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I checked in and to my amazement I did not get a cookie. I guess there was a kids convention going on in addition to a middle school prom. The kids were causing a ruckus and playing on the elevators. The server staff was terrible! The red head lady was rude and short. When I asked another server if I get extra points for ordering, he said rudely that they don't do that. Finally when I asked for a late checkout they told me no. As a Hilton Honors member I was told that I can. Please do yourself a favor and stay at the motel 6. The service there will be far better I'm sure.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay at DoubleTree by Hilton™ Tulsa Downtown. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and we’ve shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job of assisting guests. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies that you did not receive our customary cookie upon check-in. The next time you travel to Tulsa, we hope that you’ll be our guest again.
Tahlequah, OK
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a decent hotel. You think of it as a top tier type facility, but it is not. I did not notice valet parking, but there is a parking garage next to the hotel. Be AWARE of the height of your vehicle. Taller vehicles should avoid this parking option.

There is one restaraunt and one bar in the hotel. One retaraunt around the corner from the hotel and not much else within walking distance. They are building more resedential options in this area, which would lead you to believe the future may see more commercial endeavors in the near bu neighborhood.

The room was comfortable. Cable TV had plenty of channels. It was not loud around my room, which is always a positive. I did not get free wifi or wired internet. Which is just silly. EVERY hotel should have internet standard.

Room Tip: You can almost see the river on the West side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Aquariuz,

Thank you so much for writing a review on your recent stay.

We truly appereciate you staying here on numerous occassions.

We are one of the last hotel companies that does charge for Internet in the guestroom, but we continue to discuss this with ownership and our Corporate Office in an effort to get this free for all guests. However, we do offer free Internet in the lobby and public areas of the hotel. We even put together a seating area for Internet usage with comfortable chairs, tables and television.

Mr. Aquariuz, we sincerely appreicate your business and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Ellicott City
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We recently stayed here while attending an event in the convention center across the street, and chose it based on its proximity. The hotel itself is average - clean enough, comfortable enough. The shuttle drivers were great - friendly and always available to take us to another part of town where there are more restaurants and shops (there is really nothing available within walking distance, especially on a weekend). They also provide an airport shuttle so no need for a rental car or taxi. The staff at the front desk was always friendly and helpful, and happily provided toiletries that housekeeping forgot to replenish earlier in the day. For our three nights we were perfectly comfortable and would recommend the Downtown Doubletree if attending an event at the convention center and want the most convenient location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear KarenVespa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review on our hotel.

It is always nice to hear when a guest is satisfied and is willing to share their comments.

Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed in this same hotel like 10 years ago and it looked exactly the same. There was crap on the back of the door and the tub didn't drain. After we notified the front desk, we got back and the tub was draining, but slowly. The back of the door had NOT been washed off. We asked for champagne glasses and we had to call twice for them to be brought up. We had our 1-year-old son with us and he has some food allergies but there wasn't a refrigerator in the room to keep any of his food in. It's 2012!!! Catch up! Maybe I should have checked but I would have thought that a small refrigerator, or at least a mini-bar would have been a given. Very disappointed.

2 Thank Laura L
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights when my daughter/granddaughter and I traveled to Tulsa to celebrate my birthday. This hotel was in an excellent downtown location; it was an easy drive to many areas of town and quite easy to find. We had a room with two double beds, both of which were comfortable. Checking in and out was easy and the front desk staff very helpful. The parking garage was close quarters, but since I have a smaller car, it wasn't any big deal. The room was clean and quiet. The workout area was one of the nicest I've used, as it contained free weights and machines. The pool looked wonderful although we didn't use it. My only negative comment is about one evening when we wanted to enjoy a glass of wine in the lovely lounge; we were sent away as we had a very small baby with us (3 mos), being told that no one under 18 was allowed in the lounge. I do understand...rules are rules...but they sent us to the restaurant where we stood ignored, for about 5 minutes, when we finally gave up and left. All in all, however, a nice experience.

1 Thank Massdane
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Massdane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am so glad that you had a good time, However, I am disappointed to read that our service was lacking in the bar/restaurant area. Please know that I will be sharing your comments with the entire Food and Beverage team to get this addressed immediately.

I apologize that you did not experience our usual DoubleTree Caring service.

Thank you again for writing the review. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have stayed here many times, mostly because of location to a convention I attend every year, the last few years it just seems like it has went down hill. I found trash under the beds and the bed are just double, not queen, making it very hard to sleep with your signficant other, even my girls who sleep in the other one are miserable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank beachprincessnetty
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear beachprincessnetty,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your July stay.

I apologize for the less than pristine guestroom. I will be sharing your comments with the housekeeping team to stress the importance of always cleaning under the bed as well as the other areas on their regular checklist.

Thank you for bring this situation to our attention.

I'm sure this was a one-time occurrence and on your next stay we will be back up to usual high quality of cleanliness and DoubleTree standards.

We will look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.