“Clean and quiet”

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My family went to a wedding in Arkansas but our flight stopped in Tulsa. We stayed only one night at this hotel but it was great. Clean and new. The staff was very helpful and the hotel was close to restaurants. I would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Muchara

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We recently stayed in this hotel to attend a University of Tulsa football game. The hotel is maybe three miles at most from the college campus. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a flat screen TV. Our room had a view of downtown Tulsa which was very pretty at night. The front desk personnel were very friendly. The lobby has a restaurant and a small coffee shop and a large pool. While the location is a pro for the University of Tulsa or concerts downtown, the location can also be a con. After the game we made the mistake of returning to our hotel thinking we could find a restaurant downtown where we could eat. Nothing was open after 11 pm except downtown bars and clubs. If you want the nightlife, this hotel is fairly close to the downtown bars/clubs but you will still need a car to reach them. The biggest con of this hotel is that it is not within walking distance of anything and there are no close restaurants. We had to drive about ten miles away to find an open restaurant after 10 pm. Just eat early.
Also, there is no free wi-fi. There was suppose to be free wi-fi by the lobby coffee shop but even the front desk people could not get it to work for us. We would stay here again, however, as it is a very nicely furnished hotel. Parking will cost you $7 but it is covered parking.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room looking over downtown Tulsa.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I recently stayed here with a BOK package. It is within walking distance and includes parking. The room was very nice, in a quiet location with a king-sized bed. But the service left something to be desired.

I requested non-feather pillows when I reserved the room. There were not any in the room so I called housekeeping. No one answered the phone. I called the front desk. The phone rang and rang, but no one ever answered. I called the operator. Again, no one even answered the phone.

I kept trying and eventually got through to someone at yet another number. But it was ridiculous for a hotel of this caliber to not have anyone answering the phone at the front desk or operator numbers. How can they run a hotel that way?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank knudt48
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Knudt48,

Thank you for taking the time to write a candid review on our property and service.

I sincerely apologize for our lack of response to your requests and needs.

I will definitely research why no one was answering the phone in several different areas during your stay. All of the areas that your tried to reach have someone here 24-7.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Again, I sincerely apologize. I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you to show you this was a one time occurrence.

May you always have safe travels!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Average doubletree. The rooms were remodeled and common spaces were nice. It was very close to all of downtown, walking to and from was easy. Downtown Tulsa had very cool night spots and eclectic food spots. The staff here was helpful and made good suggestions.

All in all the hotel was average doubletree fare.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Dear mbsef2000,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay.

It is always nice to know that the staff was helpful and friendly.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tulsa in the near future.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip to the US. I try and stay at Hilton hotels when I can, as I like the HHonors points.

Negatives: In room Internet is expensive if you're not a Gold Hhonors member. There is free wifi in the lobby, though.
Breakfast is charged at about $13, so you can eat pretty much anywhere else for that.
In room cleaning was OK. Beds were made and towels were changed, but there was a coffee stain on the desk that stayed there for the full 3 days.
Parking is charged at $7 a night, in an unsecured car park where the hotel would never know if you parked there and didn't tell them.

Positives: Staff were all friendly and helpful.
Food was decent in the restaurant, and beer was cheap.
Excellent gym for a small hotel.
Pool was well maintained and usually quiet.
Laundry facilities were a nice touch - I washed loads of stuff for a total of $5... You can't get a shirt laundered for that at most hotels.

All in all a decent hotel, and I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Wozza2404

Dear Wozza2404,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I will share your comments with the entire team to let them know how we are doing and where we can imrpove.

Your feedback is appreciated and very welcome.

We will look forward to your return in the near future.

Safe travels!

Reviewed September 4, 2011

We had booked a stay in another hotel for a PBR event but when I went to check our reservations they could not find them. We had become Hilton Honors members in June, so we decided to look for a Hilton property. I am so glad we did. It was within walking distance of the BOK arena, and I am not a walker so when I say close, I really mean it! The staff was wonderful, they came and picked us up from the airportand the drivers were very friendly and knowledgeable. The only drawback was that they do a LOT of transporting back and forth to the airport, so having a complimentary shuttle with 5 miles of the hotel was a bit of a misnomer. Several times we would have liked to take the shuttle, neither one were available as they were on airport runs. The restaurant on property was very good and the staff pleasant. We upgraded to the suite for $9 - it was huge! The only thing I did not like was that the toilet area of the bathroom was not separate from rest of the bathroom (which was also huge) so it was not very practical for more than one person at a time for defferent uses the the batheoom. Also, there was an entrance from the living room area to the bathroom but no light switch so you had to walk all the way through in the dark to turn on the light.

All in all, we had a great time at this hotel, and will definitely choose it again if we travel to Tulsa again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear Disfan 196,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

I am truly delighted that you have become an Hhonors member. The benefits and rewards for this program are outstanding.

It is a pleasure to hear kind words about the staff and the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully, in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Only stayed one night but found a great $59.00 weekend rate on internet website and room was well worth it! Had 2 queen size beds that were very comfortable. A/C worked great. Had a great night's sleep. Will stay again if I can find a similar rate.

Room Tip: Hotel website matches rates from other websites plus you get Hilton Points for booking online.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Dear K-Myers,

Thank you for your great comments regarding our hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us a review, especially such a postive one.

We do have some great weekend rates at this time so hopefully on your next visit to Tulsa we can be of service to you again.

Thank you for your business and may you always have safe travels.