“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Pontotoc, Mississippi
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I was here with a group the second weekend in June. There were a lot of things going on in downtown Tulsa. Hotel was busy. Most of the front desk personnel were knowledgable and helpful. Good customer service skills. Rooms were very nice. spacious and clean. Beds were as comfortable as I have ever slept on. Breakfast bar had a good variety of food that was hot and tasty. Overall a very good property. Biggest plus for this hotel is the friendliness of front desk personnel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Food_man56,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with the entire team. They will be thrilled to read such nice comments. We hope that you have an opportunity in the near future to come back and see us. Best regards, Luis Arellano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I arrived after travelling from Boston and working all day to find that while I had reserved a room, there were no more rooms available and since it was after 4PM I was unable to cancel my reservation - which also did not reflect my corporate rate. I spent the night in one of their office rooms on a sofa bed, which was uncomfortable and resulted in a night of very poor sleep.

Frustrated, I spoke to the manager the next morning who apologized for the aberrant experience. She fixed the rate and ensured that I would be placed in a nice room for the remainder of the stay (If I chose to say). I was, and was compensated for my trouble.

I travel for business a lot and have never had that happen to me previously, but I was still very please with the Manager's (Maggie) response and accommodation. I am confident that it was a simple mistake and not a reflection of the hotel normally.

The hotel is nice and the rooms are recently renovated (although smell bizarrely of maple syrup sometimes). The hotel channels are limited ( no comedy central) but that seems to be consistent with all doubletrees I have stayed in.

The location is good, with green space and good places to eat.

When I come back to Tulsa, I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank aftersix
DTTulsa, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Dear Aftersix:
On behalf of the Doubletree Downtown Tulsa staff and me, we thank you for having taken the time to express your experience during your last trip to Tulsa. Rest assured that the every team member in my hotel is committed to deliver the best service in the area. I am glad to hear that Maggie was able to correct the room accommodations to your satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit and deliver a perfect stay!
My Best,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I have stayed at the Doubletree Downtown Tulsa on several locations. Our business rate is very good for the quality of the hotel.

The bathrooms have been updated, the staff is friendly and helpful.

The breakfast is always pretty good as well.

This is a good hotel for the business traveler. The rooms are clean and quiet and the beds are comfortable. If you have work in downtown Tulsa, you are 2 minutes from everything.

I have regularly stayed at this hotel and will continue to do so.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear supermac3,

Thank you so much for your positive review.

I will share your comments with my team. We do strive to give friendly and caring service to all of our guests.

You are absolutely right - if you are working downtown - you are just 2 minutes from everything.

We are so glad that you chose us for your stays. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Little Rock
Reviewed March 23, 2011

The good: Room was fine. Roomy. Clean. I asked for additional towels & they were sent up immediately. Location suited us. Parking was supposed to be $7 per day but we weren't charged. The bad: Arrived at the hotel at 4:30 pm & was told they didn't have a room for me & that there was one other person on the list ahead of me (?!). Took my phone number & said they would call me when my room was ready. Would be about 15 minutes. Not the end of the world but we were tired after driving for 5 hrs. After 45 minutes I went to desk & asked if they could tell me when we'd have a room. Oops. It was ready but nobody called. Unfortunately the room was by the elevator. LOUD. No sleep. But that wasn't hotel's fault. Lots of lively guests who congregated near the elevator all night. Note that there is a fee for internet service. We didn't use pool but it looked really nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank thisisgettingold
GlMEmbassy, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear Thisisgettingold:

We are sorry to hear that we did not rock your world, the staff and I are committed to offer the best humanly service in Tulsa. We would love to have the opportunity to gain your loyalty and ensure that you are satisfied. Please contact me for at your earliest convenience.

My Best,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Good hotel, comfortable and roomy rooms. Service is pretty good all around. Free water and fruits throughout the days and breakfast bars and coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Hotel was nice and easy to get too right off the highway. Not much around, we took taxis everywhere. The staff was very nice and let us check in early, which was great. The room was clean but chairs were stained and the room needed some renovations. The white cover had stains on the corners. Only other issue is that in the morning the cleaning pepole are very loud and wake you up. Other than that the hotel is very nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Dear supercurl_20,

Thank you so much for your nice comments.

Just wanted to let you know that we do offer free shuttle service for a 3 mile radius for your future visit.

I hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit us.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights, is a great location downtown. Close to the ball park and the convention center. Little hard to get to with the current construction, great cookies.
Rooms are large but need some basic updates. In-house dining is good but better options outside the hotel.
The burglar bar can swing on you if you shut the door hard locking you outside of your room. It has happened a couple times to me, maintenance is quick to get you into the room.
It is my favorite place to stay in Tulsa and will return everytime I am in Tulsa

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear wick1979,

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are delighted that you selected us as your favorite place to stay in Tulsa.

We hope to see you again in the near future.