“The definition of 3.5 stars. Not quite 4 star, but close.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
Ranked #6 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“The definition of 3.5 stars. Not quite 4 star, but close.”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Got this hotel via priceline and had no idea what to expect in Tulsa - just passing through on a coast to coast road trip. This hotel was near a hospital complex and a few strip malls, but besides that its a bit out of the way. Parking is free in the adjacent garage. The rooms were good, though the walls were a bit on the thin side. If you are a light sleeper this may not be the hotel for you if you end up with noisy neighbors. Overall, the hotel was pretty nice, with touches like the warm cookie at check in, wolfgang puck coffee in room, and Neutrogena bath products, including sunscreen face cream. Was in a king bed room that seemed newish, with a flat screen TV. Overall a positive stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Doubletree_Warren, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
We are so pleased that you got to experience our hotel. Understandably, this was a quick trip we are actually located close to many restaurants and great shopping areas. I am happy to report we experience very few noise complaints in the hotel…I hope you did not have a noisy neighbor! We are glad you enjoyed all of the hotel amenities and hope that if you pass through Tulsa again you will stay with us again and check out some of the great dining and shopping options nearby. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
arkansas
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stayed here on a quick overnight business trip. I was greeted immediately and the hotel clerk was more than accommodating when my colleague and I requested adjoining rooms. Once we were given our keys, the desk clerk handed us a fabulous doubletree chocolate chip cookie...and it was WARM. Absolutely delicious! Neutrogena products in the rooms and eight fluffy pillows on the bed. Only a mild complaint....$9.00 per day wireless charge. Great starbucks coffee and muffin place in lobby. And The Duck Club restaurant is excellent. Have stayed here before for pleasure and will stay here again...business or pleasure!

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank lesliz64
Doubletree_Warren, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Tulsa! Just a reminder, we do offer free high speed internet access in the lobby, Starbucks and the Lounge. Also, as a Hilton Honors member you can choose your complimentary benefit, through the My Way program, which can include free internet. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Dallas, TX
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My wife and I made a quick trip to Tulsa for the weekend for my birthday. We booked the Doubletree Warrenplace a few weeks in advance. The hotel was easy to find and check-in was quick and easy. They gave us the expected cookies... not warm, but they were soft and delicious. I used the self-service parking which worked out well for us. We took our stuff up to our room on the 4th floor. We had a corner room with the balcony. The view from the balcony was unimpressive and there was a lot of draft around the sliding glass door. I wish I would have gotten a different room looking over the walking trail in back- a notably better view than my corner balcony.

Anyway, we went to our event and came back later that evening. It was 10:30 and the indoor pool/hot tub was still very crowded- with many teenagers... so many I decided not to go down. Despite the overwhelming smell of chlorine, the pool looked well kept and people were certainly having a good time. Also checked out the steam room and sauna that appeared to be in good shape, but again avoided due to the crowd. Instead we went up to the room for the evening.

My wife wanted to read but we discovered the floor lamp had a short and would even spark if you jiggled the switch the wrong way. At first, I thought it was the wall outlet, but I discovered that one of the plugs was dead entirely... and it didn't matter WHAT you plugged up, it didn't work. So I called the hotel operator to ask for someone to come check it and she said she'd send engineering. 45 minutes later they still weren't there. It was late and I was irritated now so I cancelled the maintenance call. We ended up watching the flat panel HD television instead. I was more irritated that they didn't feel obligated to address my concern in a timely manner than I was about the sparking lamp itself.

So to finish the story, the king bed/sheets was incredibly comfortable. Being at the end of the hall, there was no one going by and we were way away from the elevator. It was quiet and I slept well. Our package deal included the breakfast buffet. It was phenominal! Food was well prepared, selection was good, the cook-to-order omelates were great, service was fantastic, I was really pleased.

Checkout was easy enough. The clerk wished me a happy birthday-I'm guessing they finally read the note my wife made on our initial reservation. I can't say I expected anything extra, but it would have impressed me significantly had they done *anything* to acknowledge the occasion prior to checkout.

Conclusion, I'm going back to Tulsa again in March for 2~3 nights and looked to stay at the Doubletree Warren place but will probably pass. The deal I booked in January was about 60% of the rates I'm looking at now. Although I was overall pleased, there was just enough that I'm going to see what other hotels have to offer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony_in_TX
Doubletree_Warren, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that overall your experience was nice. I have reached out to our maintenance staff to look into the electrical issue and the draft around the door. I can assure you that these problems have been addressed. I am sorry that the pool/hot tub area was crowded during your stay. We are very busy on the weekends due to the ideal location and amenities our property offers. I would love to have you stay with us the next time you are in Tulsa and will look forward to contacting you with a personal email.
Oklahoma City
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Booked through Priceline (as a 3 & 1/2 star hotel) for $79 a night for the Boat Show. Keep in mind this does not guarantee you a king, 2 queens or even non smoking. We were lucky we asked for non smoking when we got there, they had us in smoking. There's no sign of a valet or bellman at 6:30 pm (but signs suggest there should be), instead you park in the garage which is what seems like a mile away from the front desk and elevator to the rooms. The staff downstairs is very unprofessional and in Best Western/unkept style attire, don't speak to you unless approached. The maids were the only ones that acknowledged our presents while passing by. We had a decent enough view on the 7th floor. We were at least 10-15 doors away from the elevator and you could still hear it all day and night. The room doors don't have a good closing mechanism, so they slam VERY loudly. Granted there were (what seemed like) 100 adorable little boys running around for a wrestling tournament. So the pool/sauna/hot tub was less than enjoyable. They were gone by Sunday morning and it was better, but this is basically set up to be a loud, family experience. The decor is what really surprised me....more of the Best Western style with the navy blues/orange/red/gold with light colored wood or plywoods. The bed was comfy and the air worked. Were glad we didn't pay full price, but considering this is suppose to be a 3 & 1/2 star hotel, I expected a little more than less-than-average.

Stayed February 2010
Doubletree_Warren, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad we were able to accommodate you in non-smoking. Unfortunately with the Priceline program when reservations come through the guest is not guaranteed a room type preference due to the deep discount. We do make every attempt to accommodate all requests. The hotel has at least two bellman on duty at all times except for overnight hours at your arrival they might have been assisting other guests, however we will check into it. All hotels were very busy over this particular weekend with a wrestling tournament that was in town. The children do enjoy using the pool/sauna area and it is available to all guests that stay in the hotel. Our employee uniforms are dark blue suits that are cleaned/pressed by the hotel valet service and are ordered through a Doubletree preferred vendor. Our rooms were completely remodeled four years ago and are constantly being updated to maintain Doubletree standards, for instance in February we installed 37” high definition televisions in all rooms. Our star rating is acquired through AAA which is an outside and impartial entity, we have consistently maintained that rating since the hotel opened. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Tulsa.
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed January 27, 2010

I am really, really late writing this review. I stayed at the hotel with my parents and 90-year-old grandmother during the terrible ice storm of 2007, which happened to fall in the midst of my law school finals. Suffice it to say, everyone made this place feel like a home away from home - we were lucky to get a room when the whole city's electricity went out. My grandmother was comfortable in the room, and the Starbuck's was a welcome amenity for my parents and me. I found the food at the Warren Duck Club to be good, and the bar staff was always friendly - despite the fact that every room in the hotel was occupied. They let our dogs come with us, not sure if this was because of the storm or if it's policy, but was so helpful. I think the best way to sum it up is this - meteorologists are predicting another ice storm this week, and we've already called and made reservations at the Doubletree to ride out the storm in case of power outage! I can't imagine a better place to be "stranded!"

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank ttowngal
Doubletree_Warren, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Thank you so much for your comments. We hope to see you again soon! Hopefully not during an ice storm!
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Very pleasant stay. Hotel is right across the street from St. Francis hospital. Anytime I've stayed close to a hospital you usually hear the sirens from the ambulances. Not once did we hear any while at the hotel.
Rooms are nice and roomy. The beds weren't too bad although it would have been nice to have a queen instead of full. That's no fault of the hotel though.
The only real issue we had was there weren't enough electrical outlets in the room. With everyone having at least one electronic device that needed to be charged there really weren't enough outlets.
The hotel staff we did deal with were all very pleasant and helpfull.

It was a great day of family bonding which we all ejoyed while staying at the Doubletree. Very much will stay there again when in Tulsa.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Doubletree_Warren, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, January 21, 2010
Thank you for your comments. Guest feedback enables us to provide better service and hone in on the needs of our customers. We are pleased that you found our location to be so convenient being located next door to a hospital, large office park, retail shopping, several restaurants, golfing and a beautiful park makes us a perfect location in Tulsa.

I am disappointed that we were not able to charge all of the electronic devices you mentioned. I have three daughters and let me tell you, we need to carry a small power plant with us when we travel to keep all the electronics functioning! I am reviewing with my team and we are thinking that keeping a few power station type chargers at the front desk might help our guests in the future. So thank you for brining this to our attention!

Finally, as always, we focus on keeping the property clean and inviting and we are so pleased you encountered friendly associates while at our property.

Safe travels and we hope to see you soon during your next visit to Tulsa.
texas
Reviewed November 28, 2009

The hotel treated Priceline clientel shabbily!
It was a weekend, the hotel obviously was not full but the reception clerk refused to give us a room with King bed. `We are fully booked` was the reply even though the parking garage was half empty and there was less than a quarter of the rooms lighted up at night.

The room was clean but small. The bedding was good but the TV was old with bad quality picture. There was no complimentary WiFi, customer must pay 10 bucks a day to get connected. No complimentary breakfast either. If we had to pay full price for the room and not 50 bucks from Priceline, we would think it`s bad value for our money.

Besides the curt reception clerk, other employees were equally unhelpful. I tried to get the luggage cart upstairs to be ready for our departure, the clerk held on the the cart and refused to let me take it. He insisted on he will take it to our room whenever we were ready. Is the hotel so ill equipped that it had only one luggage cart?

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Doubletree_Warren, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, December 11, 2009
I have made contact with the guest to try to gather more details on when they stayed with us. We are quite busy on weekends in November with various events in the Tulsa area. Even though the premise of the Priceline program does not guarantee a room type, we always make every attempt to accommodate our guests in their desired room type regardless. We are in the process of replacing all of our televisions with new LCD units and this process will be completed by the end of January 2010, our current televisions are about three years old. We do have high speed wireless available at no charge throughout the lobby and Starbuck’s lounge, there is a charge for in-room access starting at $5. We do not offer a complimentary breakfast, however we do have a reasonably priced buffet in our restaurant, grab and go items through Starbuck’s and specialty packages that include breakfast. We pride ourselves in our service and continually exceed Doubletree brand standards in this area. We do prefer to assist our guests with their luggage rather than having them carry their own and we always have bellman available to assist. I look forward to hearing from this guest and investigating this matter further.