The Doubletree hotel is a large hotel in a busy area across from a large park and golf course with many casual restaurants and strip mall shops nearby. I've had the opportunity to stay here more than anyone should or would want.
The primary issues with this hotel are its inconsistent service and its tired rooms. To put it in perspective, the Doubletree is one of these hotels that have those large patterned bed covers that never get washed regularly and rooms that smell as if they used to be smoking rooms.
However, the inconsistencies of this hotel are what really get to me. For example:
- Sometimes there is bottled water in the rooms, other times there is not.
- Sometimes the detachable shower curtains are fastened backwards, other times it is not.
- Sometimes the elevator works, other times the doors get stuck in an open position.
- Sometimes ice water gets delivered with room service, other times it does not (regardless of my asking for it).
- Sometimes there is chocolate provided with turn-down, other times there is no turn-down.
The rooms themselves are generally decent sized with enough space to be comfortable. Balcony rooms are nothing special except being a corner room with an openable sliding door. Executive level rooms are the same except for a fruit basket and occasional bottles of water.
The beds are a bit soft and worn out and not as supportive as other nice hotel beds. Lots of pillows on the bed including a small embroidered pillow that says something like, "welcome home" that probably only gets washed twice a year. Toss those aside immediately with the bedspread.
Lighting in the room was great if you turn on all the lights and the desks provide an average amount of workspace.
Room service is suprisingly good with plenty of choices in salads, pizza, sandwiches and main courses.
The on-site exercise facility is a bit below average stuck in the basement. It has several treadmills, two lifecycle bicycles a couple of ellipticals and a dumbell rack. It does have a swimming pool which is a plus.
Finally, the location is great. Lots of different food choices around the area with LaFontane Park right across the street - great for a 5k run and people watching if you're up for that kind of thing.
The Doubletree needs to replace their carpets, bedspreads and redecorate the rooms to be able to compete with some of the nicer hotel chains. They also need to better train their staff to strive for consistent quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place. We are located in the heart of south Tulsa, Oklahoma, in a suburban office park setting. Our hotel in Tulsa provides easy access to downtown Tulsa as well as the surrounding metropolitan area. Enjoy beautiful surroundings and explore the history and culture of Tulsa or attend one of our many festivals. Discover our complimentary shuttle service to Tulsa International Airport (TUL), just 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Tulsa Warren Place
- Doubletree Tulsa
- Tulsa Doubletree