DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$85
$220
$178
Travelocity
1,281 results
All reviewscookiesdouble treeduck clubexecutive levelfront desksteam roomfrancis hospitalvery nice hotelparking garagebusiness tripgreat place to stayindoor pooltulsa areagusbellmanyalevalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Denied our reservations for three rooms in October, raised the price when we checked in and at check out, no one of any authority available to help rectify a bad situation. Poorly managed and not at all up to the Hilton cloke of hotels.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Doubletree_Warren, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2009

First, thank you for taking time to review our property, at the Doubletree at Warren Place we strive to ensure all guests are satisfied with their stay. Comments from our guests enable us to provide better service and enable us to meet our goal.

I have sent the reviewer an email to gain specific information as it relates to this comment. Without the specific details it is impossible to determine what happened, however the only reason a reservation would be denied is due to lack of availability. In regards to the rate change, the only way a rate can change once a price is agreed upon and a reservation is made is if the reservation is changed I.E. an upgrade or change in dates. It does sound as if there is a problem here that either needs to be corrected or explained.

We look forward to having the opportunity to discuss this situation and resolve it with the reviewer.

Reviewed June 6, 2009

Nice spa and pool - rooms were clean. Parking was not fun - but rooms are quiet.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Hector_in_Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2009

This hotel is in a nice location, and is generally pretty nice. It looks like it's not quite the place that it used to be.

The lobby is nice, but the walk from the hotel parking garage starts with very slow elevators, and then goes through the whole first floor level of the hotel, past conference room, past the business center, almost through the bar, past the restaurant, and then through the whole lobby to the check in desk.

Once I got to the desk, the check in went fairly quickly. The woman was efficient, but not overly courteous. Actually, I never heard a "please" or "thank you" from the front desk while I was there. The Doubletree cookie was nice and hot, tho!

The elevators to the rooms were also a little worn - I actually heard another guest complain about the elevators while I was there. The room was generally fine and clean, but a little worn. There were actually a couple of tears in the comforter on the bed. The king size bed was worn out on the side with the phone - not uncommon, but the hotel could turn the mattress to solve this problem.

The hotel does have wi-fi available, but they do charge too much. When a hotel charges for one person for one night half of what I pay for an entire month, that is too much.

The bathroom was nice, but the drain in the bathtub drained very slowly - I tried to shower quickly but still had to stand in water while I showered. The second day housekeeping didn't leave a bath mat, so I used the other bath towel instead. Otherwise, it was fine.

I tried the restaurant for a breakfast buffet one morning, and it was generally pretty good for a hot buffet. Fresh eggs would have been nice - there was only scrambled eggs made in large quantities. Overall, the food was good, and the service was also good. The view out the windows was nice - the hotel is in a nice wooded setting.

In general, this is a nice hotel, but not quite as nice as it once was. I'd probably stay there again, but I'd also consider alternatives - it's not an automatic choice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CSL63
Doubletree_Warren, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2009

Thank you for your comments. The Doubletree Warren Place completed a $10 million renovation in late 2006. We continue to infuse capital into our property annually. Through ongoing upkeep and maintenance we strive to keep the hotel in a like new condition. We understand that high traffic areas such as elevators may need more attention, especially at busy times. Our high speed internet service and room rates are priced competitively within our market. Our gourmet buffet breakfast does offer many selections and our staff members have the ability to prepare fresh eggs for our guest upon request. Thank you for staying with us we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2009

The hotel is showing its age, looks worn and torn inside. This hotel is suppose to be one of the best, however, my experience was the worst was yet to come. I had a room with two double beds and both mattresses were BROKEN. You literally slid out of bed onto the floor unless you laid on the far edge of the bed. When I went to the front to complain, I was told "all the mattresses in the hotel are old and worn out, you will just have to live with it."

After my meeting, I checked out and stayed at the Renaissance Tulsa where the rooms were clean, not worn, and the king size bed/mattress was functional (not broken). The price of the room was less.

Skip this over priced swan dive with an uncaring front desk and go to another hotel. If you are stuck staying in this place, check the mattresses before you unpack your bag.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Doubletree_Warren, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2009

I have discussed the above comments with the reviewer. Upon my inspection of the room and clarification received from the reviewer, it is my opinion and that of the reviewer that the bed frame in the room was broken by a previous guest. Once the damage was assessed, we immediately replaced the box springs of both beds. While we do our best to make sure all of our rooms and equipment remain in excellent working condition, we do occasionally fall short of our high expectations and those high expectations of our guest.

In addition, the reviewer reported that one of our associates had a less than caring attitude when the situation was addressed and we are very concerned by this fact. The property prides itself on having caring associates who exemplify the spirit of hospitality, however we failed to demonstrate this attitude during this particular situation.
We here at the Doubletree at Warren Place strive to ensure all guests are satisfied with their stay. With this said the reviewer and I have discussed this situation at length and have resolved to our guest’s satisfaction.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

We drove from Chicago en route to San Antonio and booked a room at the Doubletree Hotel Tulsa through Hotwire. When we arrived we were told there were no non smoking rooms. The front desk staff was indifferent and said they were sold out and only had this one smoking room. It is hideous. Reeks of cigarettes in the walls and bed, totally gross.
The hotel looks nice otherwise but the rudeness and total detachment from the situation was very unprofessional. They did not try to resolve this situation in a decent way. Never again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business