“fair, at best”

Ranked #6 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Nashville, Tennessee
“fair, at best”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here during a business trip on the recommendation of friends. Pulled up to entrance about 10 pm in my rental car and was asked by the valet if I could pull the car down away from the entrance "because they had some parties letting out". Dissing a guest trying to check in over what was a very small and infrequent flow of exiting partiers? Mistake #1. The desk clerk took what seemed like forever, to get me checked in and there were no other guests at the desk. Mistake #2. Got up to the room and the key would not open the door. Mistake #3. At least the bed was comfortable, I had an institutional discounted rate, and I was only there 1 night. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Reviewed December 11, 2012

During a two day visit, I returned to my room at midnight to find every drawer opened, a seat cushion askew, and a piece of my clothing tossed from atop my suitcase onto the adjacent dresser. The night desk manag sent security to the room and then insisted upon moving me to another room. The following day the desk manager claimed there had been no problem, that maids are instructed to leave the room in that condition for supervisor's inspection between guests, except that the room was not "between guests" -- my clothes were hanging in the closet and cosmetics were in the bathroom. If it was normal procedure the night desk manager and security would surely have been aware of the standard procedure, but instead were concerned about my safety. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We sincerely apologize that you thought there was an intruder during your stay at our hotel. There was not an intruder, it was housekeeping cleaning the room. We did address this with the guest while here and also gave the guest two complimentary nights. We have followed up with our housekeeping department to help us avoid this situation in the future. If we can help in any way, please let us know. Thank you.
Denmark
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Warren place for two nights. The hotel is a fine business hotel located outside the center of town near a large hospital. The hotel is just next to a nice small park.

Attended business meetings at the hotel that has OK facilities for such things although they AC was killer cold. Nice breakfast. Nice staff, polite and helpfull.

The fitness room only has running belts (i was looking for an exercise bike ) but the pool looked really nice (didnt bring trunks).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park might have a more interesting view?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MortenA
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your meeting in Tulsa. We do have 2 exercise bikes in the fitness center, they are not in view if you are looking through the glass entry. I hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Tulsa.
SLC
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple nights on business. The hotel is just okay. The rooms are decent sized but have that musty funk smell that makes you think the place isn't very clean.
I ordered some desert from room service that they said would take 10 min. One jour and 15 min later it showed up. They comped it but besides being so late it was nasty.
The executive lounge is very weak and you have to pay for all drinks except
soda.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you were not satisfied during your recent stay with us. I will look into the concerns that you have voiced and share with our management team. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hey Housekeeping - Lift the toilet seat and look under it when cleaning! I cannot believe what we found in the room. The lazy housekeeper didn't lift up the toilet seat and we found feces from the last guest's explosive episode all under the seat. Disgusting. There was no housekeeping available upon our late check in but the amazing front desk clerk VeeJay took it upon himself to come up and clean it for us. He first offered a room move but we were already well settled in for the night. He did slide us coupons for free breakfasts in the morning and that was a nice touch. They need a re-training session for the housekeeper and her supervisor that inspected that room. I'm still shocked. This is a Doubletree and such poor attention to detail would not be expected here ever. OK now the rest of the review. Everything else was just fine regarding the stay in the hotel except no cookies were available on our late check in. That's OK I didn't need them anyways. Now regarding the FOOD - EAT ELSEWHERE! We got up late and found the free breakfast coupons after breakfast was over already so they gave us free lunch instead. There was a measly soup and salad bar with no soup and a selection of salad stuff that again did not meet a Doubletree standard. Not sure what it cost since I was not paying but if it was more than $5.95 it was not worth it. (I'll bet it was probably $14ish though). We passed on the salad bar and I ordered the Caprese Chicken Sandwich on Ciabatta roll. Caprese style is sliced tomatoes and buffala mozerrela cheese. It came out without tomatoes. I brought this up and they brought me tomato slices but the server said the cook did put tomato on it. I lifted the cheese and found one razor thin slice of tomato under it. The cook doesn't know how to make a Caprese style sandwich but she should get and award for her ability to slice a tomato thinner than paper. Chicken was however excellent and the bun was too. Why skimp in the tomotoes? My wife got a chicken ceasar salad that was absolutely drenched and swimming in a not very good dressing. (Plus they brought her out more dressing on the side) She ranked it number 3,237 out of the 3,236 Ceasar salads she has eaten in her lifetime. Do yourself a favor and just eat at the Starbucks on site if you really need to eat here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank azstampcoin
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your bathroom. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so this situation doesn’t happen again. However, we would also like to apologize for the issues you had while dining with us. We’ve addressed our food and beverage staff in regards to your comments, and we will make the necessary improvements. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll consider staying with us again; we would love another chance to provide an incredible hotel experience.
Upstate New York
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Arriving after a long day, one appreciates at least an acknowledgement from desk staff that they will be right with you. That does not happen here.

The hotel is all WIFI, I mean the slow clunky low end type service we all avoid and curse when we must use it.

Marriotts got it right to offer wired rooms with TV access to Internet, Hilton has a long way to go and this hotel is the epitomi of that.

They need to invest here to attract and keep business customers. This is do impotrant to me thst it is probably my last stay here, after 6 or more visits in the last year.

On the up side, the bar, coffee bistro and restaurant are very good.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank JonyTumbles
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback as it enables us to improve our service and amenities. I will reach out to the guest directly to gather more information. Thank you.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here three or four times usually with the Priceline name your own price option. This time we stayed a Friday and Saturday night for less than $50 per night. At that rate this is a great value. ((I think this is only 1 of 2 "3.5 star" priceline hotels in the Southern Hills area of Tulsa) Rooms are not huge but of decent size. They are very clean. The beds are comfortable. There was quite a bit of noise from other guests - the heating/ac unit does not have a fan setting so there is not much of a way to mask noise. The hotel is, as other reviewers have stated, set back from Yale so it is a little tough to find your first trip there. Parking is in the attached garage and not a real problem.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am also pleased that you found the rooms clean and comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel if your travels bring you to the Tulsa area!