DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
Ranked #6 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
SLC
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple nights on business. The hotel is just okay. The rooms are decent sized but have that musty funk smell that makes you think the place isn't very clean.
I ordered some desert from room service that they said would take 10 min. One jour and 15 min later it showed up. They comped it but besides being so late it was nasty.
The executive lounge is very weak and you have to pay for all drinks except
soda.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you were not satisfied during your recent stay with us. I will look into the concerns that you have voiced and share with our management team. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hey Housekeeping - Lift the toilet seat and look under it when cleaning! I cannot believe what we found in the room. The lazy housekeeper didn't lift up the toilet seat and we found feces from the last guest's explosive episode all under the seat. Disgusting. There was no housekeeping available upon our late check in but the amazing front desk clerk VeeJay took it upon himself to come up and clean it for us. He first offered a room move but we were already well settled in for the night. He did slide us coupons for free breakfasts in the morning and that was a nice touch. They need a re-training session for the housekeeper and her supervisor that inspected that room. I'm still shocked. This is a Doubletree and such poor attention to detail would not be expected here ever. OK now the rest of the review. Everything else was just fine regarding the stay in the hotel except no cookies were available on our late check in. That's OK I didn't need them anyways. Now regarding the FOOD - EAT ELSEWHERE! We got up late and found the free breakfast coupons after breakfast was over already so they gave us free lunch instead. There was a measly soup and salad bar with no soup and a selection of salad stuff that again did not meet a Doubletree standard. Not sure what it cost since I was not paying but if it was more than $5.95 it was not worth it. (I'll bet it was probably $14ish though). We passed on the salad bar and I ordered the Caprese Chicken Sandwich on Ciabatta roll. Caprese style is sliced tomatoes and buffala mozerrela cheese. It came out without tomatoes. I brought this up and they brought me tomato slices but the server said the cook did put tomato on it. I lifted the cheese and found one razor thin slice of tomato under it. The cook doesn't know how to make a Caprese style sandwich but she should get and award for her ability to slice a tomato thinner than paper. Chicken was however excellent and the bun was too. Why skimp in the tomotoes? My wife got a chicken ceasar salad that was absolutely drenched and swimming in a not very good dressing. (Plus they brought her out more dressing on the side) She ranked it number 3,237 out of the 3,236 Ceasar salads she has eaten in her lifetime. Do yourself a favor and just eat at the Starbucks on site if you really need to eat here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank azstampcoin
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your bathroom. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so this situation doesn’t happen again. However, we would also like to apologize for the issues you had while dining with us. We’ve addressed our food and beverage staff in regards to your comments, and we will make the necessary improvements. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll consider staying with us again; we would love another chance to provide an incredible hotel experience.
Upstate New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Arriving after a long day, one appreciates at least an acknowledgement from desk staff that they will be right with you. That does not happen here.

The hotel is all WIFI, I mean the slow clunky low end type service we all avoid and curse when we must use it.

Marriotts got it right to offer wired rooms with TV access to Internet, Hilton has a long way to go and this hotel is the epitomi of that.

They need to invest here to attract and keep business customers. This is do impotrant to me thst it is probably my last stay here, after 6 or more visits in the last year.

On the up side, the bar, coffee bistro and restaurant are very good.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank JonyTumbles
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback as it enables us to improve our service and amenities. I will reach out to the guest directly to gather more information. Thank you.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here three or four times usually with the Priceline name your own price option. This time we stayed a Friday and Saturday night for less than $50 per night. At that rate this is a great value. ((I think this is only 1 of 2 "3.5 star" priceline hotels in the Southern Hills area of Tulsa) Rooms are not huge but of decent size. They are very clean. The beds are comfortable. There was quite a bit of noise from other guests - the heating/ac unit does not have a fan setting so there is not much of a way to mask noise. The hotel is, as other reviewers have stated, set back from Yale so it is a little tough to find your first trip there. Parking is in the attached garage and not a real problem.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am also pleased that you found the rooms clean and comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel if your travels bring you to the Tulsa area!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during our house hunting trip in Tulsa. It is a very nice and clean hotel located across the street from St. Francis Hospital. The staff was very courteous. We ate dinner in the lounge and were pleasantly surprised. The pool facility was large and clean with plenty of towels. I would refer visiting guests to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our location. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant and pool. We look forward to welcoming your referrals!
Madill, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

This was a great place to stay, but hard to find. The sign was not easily visible. I liked the private parking garage. It was secure. The gift shop had many items guests would like, especially if one had forgotten to bring something.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your feedback. Sorry that you had trouble locating us, but I am glad that you found our enclosed parking to be secure. Our gift shop is well stocked and I hope that you found everything you might need for your stay!
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is surrounded by beautiful grounds and walking paths. The room is showing some slight wear but was up to standards. Pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and steam room are excellent at the end of a long day and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Food items offered in the concierge lounge were good and the lounge atmosphere was friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and our fitness center and pool area. I am also glad that you enjoyed the food in the concierge lounge. We hope that you will select the Doubletree Warren Place the next time you are in Tulsa. I look forward to welcoming you back!