“Front desk hired from Wal-Mart?”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Not downtown and not by malls so pros and cons, yet campus like setting so quieter area; popular with corporate conferences and weddings.
Work out room sub par small and no windows.
Room service ok but often very slow and tend to over cook steaks - order medium rare and it comes well done.
Front desk - most are polite yet some are idiots. I had a minor complaint and they offered no apology, no effort to improve their process so it won't happen to others and were in the end disrespectful by ignoring my questions. Simply rude.
Last, not least, had a scary guy follow me into their parking ramp who then approached me for money. I drive off and never opened my car door or window. I took down his plates and reported this to the manager. She responded "that guy again, we have been having problems for awhile with him" I was astounded. If this is an ongoing problem, then be sure that at least one security staff is stationed in the parking ramp. But no. Their lazy dolts security company just did a drive through and went back to sleeping in their SUV. Apathetic and absolutely no concern for their customer's safety. I would not be surprised if someone gets robbed or raped in this parking ramp. YOU HAVE NOW BEEN ALERTED!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is very convienent to Warren Plaza or St Francis Hospital. It's a nice hotel. I had excellent service and you get a hot cookie upon arrival. I'd recommend it for buisness trips to either. There's a public golf course across the street that's not bad for a public course.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank carnol2
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that o enjoyed our convenient location next to the Warren Towers and St. Francis Hospital. I was also glad you got to enjoy the LaFortune golf course across the street. We hope to welcome you back if your travels bring you to the Tulsa area.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Doubletree Warren Place is the place to have a great stay and meetings.
Clean rooms, great meeting facilities and good food. You can not go wrong with a stay at the Doubletree Warren Place. They have a friendly staff and the surrounds are beautiful.

Room Tip: Remember not to pass the hotel with all the trees across from the St. Francis Hospital
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and had great food! We value your feedback and hope to see you again soon at the Doubletree Warren Place!

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

There are many things I loved about this hotel but, I'll just point out a few things that really stood out. The hotel was spotless. The beds were so comfortable. The view from our room was beautiful. The hotel smelled good. There was no "hotel smell". You know the one. The room was extremely quiet. I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased that you found the hotel clean, comfortable and quiet! I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Tulsa.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a disappointment! I have stayed at DT Warren PL many times. Always look forward to visiting family in Tulsa and staying at this Hilton!! But this trip was a tragedy!!. Desk clerk at check in was very rude; System was down and he couldnt give us a room key. Checked in at 1am, but called earlier to confirm arrival. He made comment we could either let security open the door for us and get a key later or stay somewhere else. WHich i would have done if not so tired. Totally unacceptable. Keys did not appear under door as promised.Next morning desk clerk was lovely, but had no idea we had no room key; and said my cc was declined. when she re ran it was fine. She asked how she could make the stay better; i said comp one night. and obviously that didnt happen. WE ALSO DID NOT GET OUR WARM COOKIES!!
Further to this story; we upgraded to Executive Floor and paid extra to be on executive floor for breakfast and beverage amenities AND the executive floor suite was closed BOTH days we were there. I should at very least receive credit for the upgrade. This was my travel mate's 1st experience at this hotel, and she was not impressed. I love HILTON and am struggling to get back to gold status, but this experience was just awful. The hotel staff should be told not to be ugly to customers. I am so disappointed after staying at this DoubleTree so many times and feeling like a queen, to be treated so poorly.

Room Tip: The bedding is comfortable. The corner rooms are King beds with double windows for a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and we’ve shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job next time. We hope to welcome you back if your travels bring you to the Tulsa area.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights on business. the hotel is nice, clean and has a friendly staff. I had a free breakfast coupon and they allowed me to take it to go, since I had a meeting to be at. Overall nice place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel nice and clean. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel and room were as advertised. The warm cookie upon check-in is a nice touch. I was particularly pleased by the fact that I didn't hear a door slam at all either night, which is a rarity. The pool area is very nice. The room was clean (although the sheets were slightly stained; it looked like ballpoint ink). A refrigerator would be really nice in the room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Executive Floor was a nice bargain -- it cost less than the $9.95/day charge for wi-fi. The bre...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thanks for posting your feedback on your stay. I am that you found the hotel to be quiet and enjoyed the pool area and warm Doubletree cookies! Next time you stay with us please request a refrigerator, we would be happy to have one delivered to your room. We hope to see you soon if your travels bring you back to Tulsa!