DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel and room were as advertised. The warm cookie upon check-in is a nice touch. I was particularly pleased by the fact that I didn't hear a door slam at all either night, which is a rarity. The pool area is very nice. The room was clean (although the sheets were slightly stained; it looked like ballpoint ink). A refrigerator would be really nice in the room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Executive Floor was a nice bargain -- it cost less than the $9.95/day charge for wi-fi. The bre...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thanks for posting your feedback on your stay. I am that you found the hotel to be quiet and enjoyed the pool area and warm Doubletree cookies! Next time you stay with us please request a refrigerator, we would be happy to have one delivered to your room. We hope to see you soon if your travels bring you back to Tulsa!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I like this hotel! Rooms are well-appointed; comfortable and quiet. The warm cookie on check-in is a real treat. WiFi works well. I have stayed here many times and will continue to do so if I am Tulsa.

On this trip there was a problem with the a.c. in the room (too cold/no control). It was repaired fairly promptly and the technician was courteous, apologetic, and gave me Starbucks tokens!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your comments on the hotel. I am glad you found our rooms to be well-appointed, quiet and comfortable. I was also happy that our staff was courteous. I will be sure to share your comments at our next staff meeting! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Tulsa area.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this month while in Tulsa on business. The rooms are nice/modern enoughand contain a flat screen tv, coffee maker, ironing board, iron, etc. The rooms do not contain a safe, which I wish they did. Also, you cannot change the time on the clocks in the rooms (you'd need a screw driver to get to the buttons) and the time on my clock was off by an hour. That annoyed me so after a day or two I just unplugged the clock. The HHonors wifi connection will cost each day if you want it. However, there is an attwifi connection that you can hop on for free. Just do that instead of paying $10 a day for the HHonors connection.

The hotel has an average gym which includes a few flat benches, dumbells up to 50 pounds, and some cardio equipment. The hotel is located within walking distance to a small shopping complex with a few restaurants which is nice. Also, there is a park in close proximity to the hotel which is good for running.

The elevators in the hotel are super slow and appear in the need of an upgrade. You'll know what I'm talking about if you stay in the hotel for a few days and ride them. They appear to be a little shaky.

The DoubleTree is known for putting out cookies at night, but I never saw any at this hotel. I'm not sure why.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the airport from roughly 6am - 11am, with a shuttle leaving each hour on the hour. That is a really nice pro because a cab could cost you $35-$45. I took advantage of this for my departing flight. However, just an fyi - I was the only one utilizing the service (at 6 am on a weekend) and the driver asked me if I was waiting for the shuttle. I told him yes. He then went to the front desk and spoke with the person for a minute and then walked away. After waiting for about 10 minutes after the shuttle was supposed to leave, I asked the person at the front desk if we were going to leave soon. He said he had called me a cab, and the hotel would pay for it. A cab arrived at about 6:15 and took me to the airport for no cost. The short of that story is the shuttle to the airport is great, but you might want to build in some time in case it doesn't leave on time. The only thing I can think of is that they didn't want to waste a shuttle on one person, and decided to pay for a cab instead. If I were on a tighter schedule, I would have been pretty upset since I was in the lobby at 5:50 am for a 6 am shuttle, and I wasn't transported until 6:15 am which wasn't even in the shuttle.

Overall, the hotel is clean enough and alright.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
James_P_Cunningham, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa - Warren Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I will share your comments with our team. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we will address the issues you mentioned such as the shuttle and alarm clock. In regards to the cookies, we do present a cookie to each guest at check-in, however we do not set cookies out at night. This is a standard at every Doubletree Hotel (we want your cookie to be warm!), of course you can come to the desk and get a cookie at any time during your stay! We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope welcome you back soon and have another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Doubletree in Tulsa Warren Place the service in the restaurant was excellent food was good,but the rooms needed attention, i stayed a total of three days each day i had to ask for towels that is when the room was made up when i returned to it. I guess they were short staffed. But overall my experience was a good one. It was accessible to everything shopping, eating and casinos.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you had a good experience overall and enjoyed put convenient location. I was also pleased that you had an excellent experience in our restaurant the Warren Duck Club. I will follow up on the towel service during your stay. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stay at this hotel every time we are in Tulsa. We have always been super satisfied but this time was a little different. We were there for a horse show and The Doubletree was the host hotel this time so we got our room for a greatly discounted rate. The room wasnt quite as nice but it was very quiet. Our main complaints were the housekeeping and the valet parking. Everyday there was something that housekeeping forgot. We never got clean glasses, our last night we had to call downstairs for wash clothes, hand towels and a bath mat. We didn't notice until after we got the towels that we also had no soap! As for the Valet, most were good but there was one young man that we had to go look for or have paged ever time we wanted our car. He was either yaking with the front desk staff or hanging out with the staff in the bar but never once did we find him at his post. This was not the hotel that we remember. I guess you get what you pay for and this time we got the discounted price!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and thank you for being a loyal guest of the Doubletree Warren Place. I can assure you that each guest is important to us regardless of what they are paying! We are so happy to have the horse groups stay with us and we hope to see you here again soon! I will share these comments with the staff and identify the areas we can improve. Again thanks and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

The Doubletree is an older hotel and could use a few updates to the rooms. We stayed on a floor that t has not yet been remodeled. However, even though the room was old it was clean and very well kept. The best thing about this hotel is the pool area. Great pool for swimming laps, nice sauna, hot tub, steam room and fitness area. We have stayed here twice and it really seems to be more of a business men's hotel. Not many families or leisure guests staying. Therefore, we basically had the pool area to ourselves. We would definitely stay here again solely for the pool.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Wilma B

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the pool area. When you are here next time try to take a walk around the property on our walking trails. You might also enjoy going to LaFortune Park across the street where there are tennis courts and walking trails. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel was nice but far from great. The entire hotel needs an upgrade/update. The furniture, carpet, fixtures, etc... were very outdated. There is no continental breakfast although there is a restaurant on site in addition to the Starbucks on site.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BJR2000

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Tulsa!