Clarion Inn & Suites Tulsa Central I-44
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsvillage inna pet friendly hotelnice outdoor poolstaff was super friendlyhot water in the showerkind of hotelroom was cleannot hesitate to stay here againdecent place to stayfree breakfastother hotelsvisit familystaying at this hoteldesk staffyogurtwould highly recommend this hotelgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This property is supposed to be having a Grand Re-Opening. It's anything but "grand." Our room was two doubles. The TV remote didn't turn the TV on. The old air conditioning units have auto, low and high fan settings, but the fan won't stay running on low or high. So, the unit cut on and off constantly. While watching TV, it would make the TV loud when off and you couldn't hear the TV when unit was on. Sleep with this loud unit off and on -- forget it. We got earplugs to get some sleep.

We put money in the vending machine and the item didn't drop. OK, that happens and I understood the hotel doesn't own the machines themselves. But, I also know that they can pay you back and then get their money when the vending machine rep does come. The staff member on duty that evening tried to refuse the refund. I would have let it go, but that same day we had been gone ALL day long, and no one brought clean towels or touched our room. There was some mildew on the grout in the shower. Just not a good stay for us at all and we had 3 nights to "enjoy" the room. They said they could not move us.

In fairness, I will say most of the staff were very friendly. The elevator didn't work one night on our end of the hotel. I think they should have finished some more things and then had the Grand Re-Opening. It is a good location as far as getting to all the things to do in Tulsa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new A/C unit. They told us they are putting new ones in the rooms.
1  Thank aggiemom20002000
Tulsasquarehotel, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Tulsa Central I-44, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Though we appreciate you taking the time to post your review of your recent visit, we are concerned of some the issues you encountered. This is a big concern for us as we take our service standards very very seriously. Aside from reaching out to you privately to get more details about the specific issues you encountered, let us publicly apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that we will work to resolve any issues and improve our services based on your response.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the Tulsa Square Hotel the first night of our vacation. After traveling for 12 hours, we were looking forward to a dip in the pool and a good night's sleep. Our impression was of a formerly upscale hotel gone a little to seed. First, the good points: the room itself and bathroom seemed clean enough, and the showerhead was adequate. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The pool was located in a sort of courtyard surrounded by the hotel so you didn't feel as if you were on display in your bathing suit to every passerby on the freeway. All the basic amenities were provided and the price was a bargain at less than $60 (we don't qualify for any discounts). Being obviously an upscale hotel in the past, the construction seemed to be more solid than is often the case with newer mid-price properties, and we experienced absolutely no noise problems whatsoever. Noise is absolutely my biggest pet peeve with hotels, as I have had many nights' sleep ruined by noise from someone stomping around overhead or slamming doors. I usually request a room on the top floor for this reason. In this instance, we were not on the top floor, but nevertheless it was perfectly quiet.

Now the not so good: the carpets in the hallways are stained and dingy, and the elevator in the front of the building was out of order. Fortunately, there was a second elevator in the back that was working, so we didn't have to haul all our luggage up the stairs. The outdoor pool was surprisingly chilly considering the string of 100+ degree days that Oklahoma had experienced in the weeks prior to our stay. The lock on the entrance into the hotel from the pool area (which you are supposed to open with your key card) was actually gone from the wall, so the door was unlocked. I think the pool area was fenced, so it wasn't a huge security issue, but still it looks bad. The breakfast was probably the worst I saw during our entire trip. Just carbs--bread, muffins, etc., coffee and juice. There was a container of oatmeal, presumably to make with the hot water, but it was regular oatmeal, not instant.

All in all, if this place could get some TLC--fixing the broken elevator, new carpets, better breakfast--it would rate 4 stars rather than 3. For the price, though, it is hard to beat.

2  Thank GulfCoastGirl517
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Usually when looking for a pet friendly hotel I end up paying a lot extra for a room. Tulsa Square Hotel was a FANTASTIC deal. I visited for the TU graduation and was very happy with the room, breakfast, and above all price! The room was quieter than I expected with it being close to the highway. The breakfast was complimentary and a typical satisfactory spread. It is obviously an older hotel, but it was very clean and that is what matters. Really the only issue I had was actually finding it. There is a lot of traffic congestion and construction right around there and our GPSs stopped working there. I will definitely stay here again if I need to go back to Tulsa.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Yes, I woke up refreshed -- my best sleep in years, literally. Whether it's the Grace of Oklahoma, or my friends praying for me, I had a wonderful sleep.

Now, I may be mistaken, so take this with a grain of salt -- but if you reserve a room, and it says "View of river" -- well, there isn't one!

Pros: Refreshing sleep. Oh, I still remember that morning. WiFi had 2-to-4 bars. Price was very good.

Cons: Tricky finding this place -- even using the hotel website. There should be ads / street signs leading you the way the many other hotels in the area do.

When you first enter the hotel (entrance 2 in the back) the smoke on the carpets discourages you from taking a step further. Yuck.

Food -- poor. Slim pickings. We got to the large dining area 8 a.m. -- only 1 individual there. Lots of CARBS (waffles, oatmeal, dried cereal, bagels), but NO fruit, eggs, whatever. And the juice machine was messed up.

When I left in the morning, the checkout person told me to take West 40 to Indiana. Good thing my son pointed out her error as I was approaching the wrong off ramp.

Why 4 stars -- I woke up refreshed (yes, I think I've mentioned it already!) Great rest on the road is indispensable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SageTraveler

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing us. We happy to hear you had the best sleep in years.
We also appreciate your feedback in terms of our breakfast. We look for feedback on the specific areas we can continue to work on and improve. Though we understand your disappointment, we do hope that you'll give us another chance on a future visit to the Tulsa area

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is tired and a bit smelly. The rooms look like they used to be classy about twenty years ago. It was clean and the staff very courteous and friendly. The breakfast was very small and quite pathetic - we saw a group of people come in, take a look at it and walk out - it was really like that. Not like the usual breakfast you expect from even budget hotels. It was ok, but I wouldn't stay here again. It was very dark and dinghy.

1  Thank Treenzs

While we are pleased you found our team friendly and accommodating, and we HEAR you about the need for an update. We are pleased to announce this month we are launching Fresh Start Program. This program will address the area you mentioned and will give the hotel a fresh smelling appeal.
You will be pleased that we'll be able to give guests such as yourself exactly what you've been requesting. We look forward to 'WoW-ing" you on your next visit.