Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa Central
Ranked #50 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Aledo, Texas
“Family Trip”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We found this hotel from a coupon. The hotel was very clean and well worth the money. The staff was very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Tulsa.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank annaesp_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Very clean, comfortable, large rooms and bathrooms! A great deal for your money!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank NikkiTX
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I'll admit it, I can be a bit wary of a place not branded as a national chain. I chose to stay there because my in-laws had stayed there a few months back and had a good experience, and I wanted good accommodations at a great price. The building is an old (2 models ago) Hampton Inn. For a $60.00 rate it was excellent value.

From going back and reading some of the reviews, it seems like they're making an effort trying to create a good experience for customers. They actually provided me with a little sheet encouraging me to write a review here. (I would anyway, but that in itself is a very encouraging sign.) My take on the hotel is, they've done some updating, and updated what counts. My room on the third floor was clean. The rest room looked like it had been updated recently and there was a flat screen on the wall. The furniture looked a little older, however, it was an excellent condition. No nicks and scratches you can find in the cabinetry and desk in an older hotel. The bed was comfortable as well, and although the hotel is no longer a Hampton Inn, they still have the white bed spreads. In fact, I'd say the bedding is some of the most comfortable and soft bedding I've experienced in a hotel. The hallways, carpeting and public areas were generally clean and comfortable, although a little worn and dated. The night I was there the internet was down and the air conditioning unit loud. Breakfast didn't impress, I didn't see anything like regular bread or English muffins. They did have bagels, muffins, a waffle station, cereal, coffee and juice. (I'm probably being overly picky, because I would have preferred toast to a muffin with my cereal and juice!)

As others said, the hotel is a little difficult to find. I also didn't find a lot of food choices. There was a McDonald's, A Cracker Barrel and a Pizza Hut right there. Between an incoming storm, having traveled all day and not wanting to drive very far, I explored a little and found a Whataburger in a potentially questionable area near a couple of sleazy motels, but didn't see much else.

All and all for the money excellent value. It wouldn't surprise me at some point to see this hotel flying the flag of another major chain in the future. Regardless, the management seems to see the value in the property instead of letting it go downhill.

The reasons this hotel gets an average rating from me: The air conditioning unit was very loud (but worked well.) The internet was down. A little difficult to navigate, especially for someone just staying the night. That said, for the money, exceptional value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We brought our college soccer team here twice this month and had great service both times. They were very accommodating to our group and the staff was friendly. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. We would certainly come back again for another stay.

guzman mx
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The hotel is great. The front desk staff are very cordial,courteous and helpful at all times.
We found the hotel to be very clean and spacious. The lobby is a good place to lounge and talk with other hotel guests. The breakfast area is large and always kept clean. Coffee is available at all times.The pool is good and the area is nice to sit in the evening, plenty of chairs and loungers.
The manager Andrea is one of the most hospitable ,courteous and vivacious person I have ever encountered at a hotel.

Belton, Missouri
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Recently booked a business trip at this hotel as I always did under the thinking it was still a Hampton Inn. It has changed hands and is now known as the Tulsa Square Hotel. I have stayed at this facility many times over the years and found the rooms to be comfortable and clean which for me, are the 2 main deciding points for repeat business in my travels. Well, in addition to the my first 2 prerequisites, I now have a 3rd to add - Outstanding Customer Service!
It is still the same hotel that you are used too if you have stayed here before. The rooms are economical and clean. But again, it is no longer a corporate chain and operates as it's own entity at this time. However, the staff and manager that I dealt with, was far more personable and accomodating than the people that used to work there.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Andrea Velasquez is a wonderful, personable & caring person. She would make a great manager. This time's experience was a nightmare due to not being able to get the type of room that we wanted. We have stayed here twice before. Should include brochures for food &places to go in the area.

Room Tip: Should include more creamer/sugar for coffee. Rooms should be cleaned a little bit better. American...