“Charming, well thought out hotel”

Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
los angeles
“Charming, well thought out hotel”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ambassador for one night to visit Tulsa before heading to Arkansas. Our first impression was just as expected from the hotel website. It is a charming, old brick building, a block or 2 from the heart of downtown.

The lobby is very well designed - great mix of traditional and modern. It was well done. The front desk staff were very pleasant. Our room was very comfortable and spacious - best described as classic design and an intimate feel but spacious. We had a corner king on a high floor and we really enjoyed the downtown views.

Before heading out for the evening I went down to the Chalkboard restaurant on the ground floor for a snack and wines for our room. The girl working at the bar was fantastic- probably the best service all weekend and we had great service all over. Sorry I didn't get here name.

One of the great perks of this hotel is the driver and Escalade that will take you to dinner and pick you up for the ride home! That was fabulous! I think Justin was our driver - he was very friendly.

We had a very short but great stay and would highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was traveling on business in the Tulsa area (from England) when I was involved in a motor vehicle accident and admitted to the nearby St Johns Hospital. The hospital chaplain called The Ambassador who agreed to take me under the discounted hospital rate. The hotel sent a car to pick me up from the emergency room. They let me check in early and even upgraded my room. My stay was short but they helped me collect my belongings from the wrecked rental car and drove me to the airport to fly back to England the next day. I would like to extend my gratitude to the staff in general and Adam in particular. This is the best I have ever been treated in ten years of traveling in the states and the first review of a hotel I have ever written. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tristan S
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This a repeat visit for my wife. Very nice property in Tulsa. Staff is excellent. Nice rooms. Great service. My family will be staying here again on our next visit to Tulsa. Good location downtown. Restaurant in the hotel is quite good.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jeffreykmd
Prairie Village, Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Recently stayed at the Ambassador for a short visit to Tulsa. We were checking it out to see if it would be appropriate for a medium to large group of friends and family coming it to Tulsa next May for a wedding. I was impressed by the size, cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. The staff was always more than accommodating in every way they could be. they took the time to show us every room style the hotel had to offer. there appears to be ample parking, a nice restaurant and is relatively close to most of the venues in Tulsa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very elegant, cozy, and romantic. This hotel is very clean, from the lobby to your room!!! The customer service is excellent. Located in beautiful downtown Tulsa! This is a historic hotel that has been renovated to today's standards, while keeping that old time feeling. Its is very unique! The Chalkboard restaurant is a must! Absoutely loved the food and the atmosphere was very romantice. Loved the music that played while we dined. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Winsdy73
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Upon walking into the lobby you know you are somewhere special. The staff that I was greeted by was extremely professional and very welcoming.
The rooms are large and appointed very nicely. The bathrooms are spacious and quite lovely. The beds are extremely comfortable. Everything about the hotel is five star. Very sophisticated elegance. The only place to stay in Tulsa. Look no further.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After checking into The Mayo Hotel and immediately checking out, my friend and I reserved a room at the Ambassador.
The rooms are fabulous...very spacious, amenities galore.....desk, great flat screen t , Keurig coffee maker, tons of towels and bathing products.......the list goes on and on.
The staff was gracious, helpful and courteous. There is free parking and a shuttle service within a 5 mile radius. The Chalkroom restaurant and bar are super.
In many older hotels you will not find space, bathtubs, or luxury.
At the Ambassador you will.
HIGHLY recommended!

Room Tip: I don't think there is pool, but I couldn't uncheck it. If they did have one, I,m sure it w...