“Great, Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Great, Comfortable Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Ambassador Hotel is a great place to stay in downtown Tulsa. The Executive King Suite is large and comfortable. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Housekeeping staff does an excellent job. The front desk staff, Brenda and Justin, were very helpful and friendly! They offered shuttle service to me and were very helpful and prompt with it. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Tulsa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
William K, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for mentioning Brenda and Justin! They work so hard this time of year, and will be thrilled to know that you remembered them. And yes, our Escalade service is beloved by all, and is one of our unique amenities. We are so glad we were able to assist!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
bigolepig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Let me just say this right now. If you are traveling to Tulsa and want an exceptional place to stay, look no further. The Ambassador is a charming and comfortable hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and courteous. The hotel while small is perfectly located to all of the trendy areas of downtown. I stayed in a Classic guest room, and was pleased with the size and furnishings. The linens and bedding were top notch. The rooms are quiet, I never heard any noise in the hallways, and my room was just off the elevators. (I have stayed at other places and near the elevator means, a ton of noise...not the case here). The room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. This is the first hotel in a long time that I did not even get a hint of cigarette smell. Housekeeping does a great job. They have a fantastic restaurant in the basement with an amazing menu. The Ambassador exceeded every expectation that I have for a hotel. I look forward to the next visit to this exceptional property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bigolepig
Thank you for all of the wonderful comments! I shared your enthusiastic comments with our team in our staff meeting, and you made our day. We are all looking forward to your next visit. Thank you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice. The staff were excellent. Comfortable bed, large room (we had the executive king), very clean. Only complaint was we could hear the neighbors entire conversation like we were in the same room. We could also hear staff clearly when checking that people had checked out the next day.

• Stayed December 2012
William K, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the nice comments. I'm sorry to hear about the external noises. Unfortunately, some of these are unavoidable at the moment, especially in the adjoining rooms, but we'll be sure to keep this in mind during our next remodel. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Richmond, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have family in Tulsa and usually stay with them, but this time we opted to stay at a hotel. I'm so glad we picked the Ambassador. It was just the type of hotel I like, small, charming and friendly.
Stayed for 3 nights over Thanksgiving. Had a King room on the 9th floor. Large and spacious. The bathroom was huge. I guess the rooms have a common heating and cooling system. There are temperature controls in the room, but we couldn't get our room cooled down. It was a warm week in Tulsa and the hotel had the heat on. We ended up opening the windows to get some cool air so we could sleep comfortably. We had breakfast one morning in the Chalkboard restaurant downstairs. Very nice. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
William K, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback. Yes, during the holidays, the Ambassador is an especially nice retreat from the hectic pace of the season. I'm so sorry about the warm temperature. Over Thanksgiving weekend, we prepared our HVAC systems and lobby fireplace for the upcoming cold weather, and didn't anticipate the record-setting warm weather. Not that we're complaining, but who would have guessed that it would be in the 70s in late November! We've now made an adjustment to allow for optimal internal temperature regardless of what crazy things are happening outside. On your next visit, we'll make sure everything is just perfect.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed for one night but wanted to stay longer because the hotel and staff were such a pleasant surprise! The shuttle service was beyond amazing, picking us up from the airport, taking us to lunch and dinner, helped us out in so many ways. Hotel staff was more than accommodating, friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Rooms were spacious, clean and just nice to be in. Will definitely be staying in this hotel if we come back to Tulsa or visit KC and Wichita.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
William K, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you! We're so glad you discovered us. Yes, the complimentary Escalade service is a very nice benefit to our guests, along with free parking, free bottled water, and free Wi-Fi. I'm glad you already know about our other properties. The Ambassador Kansas City opened in July, and the Ambassador Wichita will open in December. You will always be welcomed at any of our properties!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed a weekend stay at the Ambassador I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a cute boutique hotel in Tulsa,Oklahoma. The staff was amazing! I called to tell them I had left my pillow behind and they informed me that was not all, I had also left my wedding ring. I so appreciate the honesty in which the Ambassador demonstrated. I would not hesitate to use this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012
Fairfax Station, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful service & superb restaurant. Rooms are large and extra clean.

Only complaint is that workout room doesn't open until 7am, meaning they don't really have one for business travelers.

Restaurant is 5 star quality with excellent drinks, service and food.

Also a fun bar area with great bartender.

• Stayed November 2012