“Best NY style pizza in Ttown”
Review of Pie Hole Pizzeria

Pie Hole Pizzeria
Ranked #519 of 1,363 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have previously said that Vinnies NY pizza in Broken Arrow was the best. They make a good pie, meatball sub etc.

It turns out that this place beats Vinnie's I ordered a pie with mushroom and sausage and it was just delicious. Very close to the thin crust pizza that I remember back in the NY Metro area when I was growing up.

The people running it are young and the type that you expect on Cherry or Peoria down on 31st. I think they really are artisans in the best sense and really want to turn out a quality product. In my opinion they succeeded. Support these fine folk. I think they deliver too.

How can you go to Papa John Dominos etc when you have good young Tulsans making a good product?

This is the only pizza place for me from now on. Unless I'm back in Jersey. Then it's Pizzatown USA in Elmwood Park

and pizzatown

1  Thank traveling_phil_9

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I've eaten here numerous times. Great pizza, fun spot.

Reviewed April 18, 2010

I tried Pie Hole while visiting Tulsa on the strength of several reviews on other sites. The first thing to keep in mind when eating here is that when they say "slice", they're not talking about a slice of pizza like you see at Cici's or Pizza Hut. They're talking about a slice that's about the size of a THIRD of a normal Large pizza. In other words, unless you're SERIOUSLY hungry, one slice should satisfy you. You can order exactly what you want on your slice, which makes it even more different than most pizza places I've been to. And the prices are unbeatable. The decor is Hole-in-the-Wall, which suits this place just fine. There are not a lot of tables, but I saw one young couple address this by getting their order to go and then eating on the roof of their van out in the parking lot (no, not the hood -- the ROOF). One of my tour guides at the University of Tulsa the next day, when I told him I'd eaten there, swore by it, and we both gave one of the other guides a hard time when said she'd never been there in the four years she'd been a student at TU.

Been to Pie Hole Pizzeria? Share your experiences!