“Good sushi, good prices”

Asahi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #552 of 1,357 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We hadn't been in for a couple of months, but went for dinner this evening. Pleased to see they have updated the restaurant- new art on walls, new tables, new booths, but same good food and friendly service ... and very reasonable prices. The only complaint I have is the type of music they pipe in. Not oriental, and not quiet orrelaxing. Something kind of hip hop, I guess. Not my cup of tea and, I feel, not very appropriate for an enjoyable, relaxing dinner. Other than that, good experience.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Any time I am wanting good sushi without breaking the bank, I go to Asahi. They provide good service and really good sushi. The half price sushi really helps to not feel like you're paying a couple dollars per bite like I do at most sushi restaurants. I definitely recommend going and having the traditional philadelphia roll.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The food here is OK, but not the best. There are a couple of other sushi places in the area that I think are better.

I think the building is a little too big for them. It has a kind of empty feel inside.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We love Asahi.
Asahi has wonderful, tasty food and great service.
We only visit on special ocasions, but still compared to other sushi restaurants is a great value.
If you order 3 rolls or more the rolls are half price. They also have wonderful meals.
For example for lunch, you can get Chicken terriyaki box. With that you get: miso soup, salad, and a Chicken terriyaki box with white rice, either california sushi roll or tempura, piece of brocoli and potato, and a piece of orange with a cherry in the center :) all that for just $6.99, ($9.99 dinner).

1  Thank EOSSTulsa
Reviewed July 21, 2009

After reading several reviews about this restaurant, we have decided to give it a try....when we walk in for dinner around 7pm. The first impression is that this restaurant is very dark, there are no window at this place and then it was very warm. I dont' know if they were having trouble with their AC, they have all the fans on and the atmosphere was quite warm. Then, we order several sushi, they were not very fresh. Then, we were given a "complementry" yellow fish sushi roll, it was not fresh at all. You can tell they put extra thousand island sauce on there to cover up the mushy tast of the fish. Overall, not impress with this place at all and probably will not go back for another visit.