All reviewssubway restauranttulsa racewayrooms are cleanhot breakfasttulsa areacomfortable stayplace to staywafflesbed was comfortableeasy accessfirst floorcerealmicrowave
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Because of the snow in Dallas, I couldn't land in Dallas but was put off at Tulsa, OK, out of nowhere. I stayed in the hotel for two days. They had nice breafast and a swimming pool. The rooms are OK, but I did not feel safe.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed May 22, 2008

We needed a place to stay for a funeral and this was one of the lowest priced we could find. We have stayed at Best Western properties in the past and never had a problem. My biggest complaint was the dirty carpet. We have three boys and they all had "black" feet as did my husband and I after walking in barefeet. This place really needs to take the time and have their carpet steam cleaned. The room also had a stale smell, sheets had a cigarette burn, walls were old and ugly, only one wall outlet so we had to unplug the bedlamps to use our laptop, blankets had what looked like knife cuts in them. The nice parts: pool was pretty and clean, the breakfast was really good which had things like make-your-own waffles, juices, cereals, bagles, toast, muffins, milk, Java Dave's coffee, plenty to eat that's for sure. Front desk staff was friendly enough. Hot water for showers. Towels were clean. Nice micro/fridge. TV was standard with cable. Overall, an okay place more for the overnight traveler and not really a family who likes clean and updated like I do. If you go, don't expect much.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsCandyT
BWMistyCares, General Manager at Best Western Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2009

I hate to hear of the disappointment this guest had during their stay and wish we had had the opportunity to make it better. We do have the carpets steam cleaned by a professional company quarterly which was scheduled to happen to a couple weeks after this guest's departure. In the last year, many improvements have been made to our rooms which address several of the guest's concerns - additional wall outlets have been added in close proximity to the desk or activity table provided in each room, bedding has been upgraded (and if brought to our attention, we would have replaced the flawed sheet and blanket in this guest's room right away), and at the time of my response, 70% of our rooms have been renovated which included new sheetrock, paint, and other room treatments with the remaining rooms scheduled to be completed by spring at which time all mattresses will be replaced with pillow tops and new bed dressings. We still offer the extensive hot breakfast buffet this guest enjoyed, the large outdoor seasonal pool, and the convenient in room microwaves, refrigerators, and coffee makers. With new owners taking over the property within the last few years, improvements are being made on a regular basis, so there's always something new to enjoy as well as all the old favorites.

Reviewed September 30, 2007

This hotel is close to the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle, that was very prompt when called.

The hotel is older and is in fair shape. It could use some updating and upgrading.

The bed was not super comfortable but ok for 1 night. Breakfast was good with something to offer most everyone that might be a guest.

Overall, for the cost this was pretty decent. Although, I am not sure I would opt to stay again if business takes me back to this area.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2007

The rooms were clean and roomy. The front desk employee MIsty
was real pleasant. She made the check in fast and easy. Very friendly person and the night cleck was too. I will stay there again for it was anice place to stay

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank dkms

I would like to thank the guest who was so complimentary of the service I provided during their stay. After a few years of service at the front desk of this property, I have been promoted to General Manager and am proud to continue to offer the customer service which this guest experienced and pass that standard of excellence on to rest of the staff. I am always happy to help in any situation and hope that if any guest ever experiences a problem with our property that the front desk can't solve that they contact me directly so that I can ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed February 24, 2007

We stayed one night at this hotel, prior to flying back home to Germany. The room was very nice, clean and spaceious. Breakfast was good, from toast to bagels and cereal to fresh fruit. The pool area was clean, unfortunately it was still a little too cold to go swimming. But they got out the lawn chairs just for us so we could relax at the pool and stick our feet in the water. Overall, the staff was very nice and helpfull. We were able to leave the kids (4 and 18) at the room with all the luggage while we were taking our rental car back. The airport shuttle brought us back to the hotel and one hour later took all of us to our flight. We will be staying at this hotel again this year, but not just for 1 night, we will stay for 4, while visiting with family in Tulsa before our flight back home! From our experience, I can recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family