“Great place with a few flaws” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby

Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby
Ranked #17 of 110 Hotels in Tulsa
Detroit, Michigan
“Great place with a few flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

As most of the reviews will show, they have great staff and nice rooms. But since the event center arrived, don't plan to park here if the hotel is almost full and/or their is an event at the event center. Breakfast - plan to go out. It used to be good, but burnt eggs and dry/tough sausage were on the menu the 5 days I was here.
This is the noisyest Hampton I have every stayed in - due to guests slamming doors and hallway noise, so if you are bothered by this - stay elsewhere. I do agree with the beds being uncomfortable, but I can't sleep on a mattress. My wife can....she was in pain all week. But we have stayed here multiple times, and would return again......I will just bring my earplugs and an airbed.

Room Tip: Corner King suites have a living room - best at this location
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Philip K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback to further improve our quality of service and the experience for our future guests. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you faced while being our guest. I can assure you I have communicated your comments to our staff and we are working on resolutions to these issues.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Everything about this Hampton was excellent. Very clean, nice location with nice choice of restaurants and shopping, friendly staff, very nice public area with breakfast room, beautiful pool and fitness room. Guest rooms were excellent as well. Very clean and comfortable with every amenity that you would need. Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Philip K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and rate our hotel. We appreciate the kind words and encouragement. We take great pride in having a friendly accomodating staff and a clean hotel. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to south Tulsa.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was neat and clean and in a great location! However, the beds are beyond terrible! We visited with a large group and this was our second stay. Everyone in our party complained of the uncomfortable beds! My husband and I tossed and turned all night every turn caused an ache or pain! If you want a restful nights sleep stay elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Philip K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and I apologize that our beds weren't comfortable for you. I understand how important getting a good night's sleep is, and I am addressing the issue with our housekeeping team. Thank you again for your time and feedback. I hope the next time you're in the area you'll stay with us again. We would enjoy the opportunity to rectify the issue you faced with our beds.
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Clean, comfortable and within walking distance of several restaurants. This hotel has an agreement with Lifetime Fitness across the street for all guests. Love that! Just for a few miles outside most places in Tulsa, the room rates makes it well worth staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us and leave a response. We really appreciate the kind words and encouragment.
Lake Fork, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were in Tulsa for the Midsouth Tackle and Hunting Show. The Hampton Inn & Suites is right by the event center. We were able to work the event and walk back and forth from the hotel without parking issues! There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the honest feedback and take all comments into account to help anticipate the needs of our future guests. We appreciate you and hope to see you again when you return to south Tulsa.
Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is the worst Hampton Inn at which I have stayed.

Problems:
1. Worst hotel bed I've ever experienced. Both my wife and I could not sleep in the bed without waking up with back/shoulder pain.
2. No cribs available for my child.
3. Couch bed is ridiculous, unless you find sleeping directly on springs enjoyable.
4. That was the smallest king sized bed I've ever slept in.
5. Was placed in a room with a door to an adjoining room full of teenagers.
6. Parking was horrible. There was a bus parked across several parking spots and a two trucks with trailers parked across several parking spots during my entire stay.
7. Our room cards were deactivated in the middle of our stay, causing my family to have to walk all the way around the building to go through the front door. This was blamed on where we keep our cards, even though we each keep them in different places and have always kept them in the exact same place with no problems.
8. Elevators seemed slow in comparison to other Hampton Inns that I've stayed.

Outside of these things,
1. Breakfast was typical for a Hampton with no issues.
2. Check-in and out was quick and easy.
3. Cleaning staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Philip K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff of the Hampton Inn & Suites in south Tulsa. We certainly appreciate your time and feedback concerning your recent stay with us. The issues you faced while being our guest are unacceptable and not the experience we strive to give our guests. I can assure you we have already started making adjustments to satisfy our future guests based on your comments. We take pride in having a clean property and giving our guests exceptional service. I would personally enjoy any opportunity to correct the experience you had with our property. Please reach out to me with any additional questions or comments. I am at your service. I can be reached at 918-394-2000.
Springtown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The TV did not work for the local channels during out 3 night stay. We reported it two times but was given a basic brush off by front desk staff with some directions to unplug the tv for about 5 minutes, then plug it back in and it should work. Front desk staff stated they weren't tech people and didn't know what else to do. Another front desk person stated the LodgeNet was the cable provider and she guessed the equipment was overheating. We were put on the 1st floor and I stated to the young man at the front desk that I hoped it was quiet however it was not quiet. I suggest you not stay on the first floor. The hotel is well kept and nice, and our room had a king size bed that was nice and nice amenities in the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good but could use some improvement.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Philip K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.