“Nice Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed in two connecting suites, which was nice for an unexpected night out. Lots of space, well maintained and generally friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gtate20000
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is located within walking distance of Spirit Bank Event Center, Southern Nazarene University, and many other local businesses. There are many nearby (walkable) dining options including Chick-Fil-A, Applebee's and owner-operated BBQ and Mexican restaurants.

I've stayed here repeatedly since the hotel opened; each time the staff has been attentive, the room has been clean, and the hotel itself has been a safe, restful and welcoming destination.

Friendly southern hospitality in a prime location on S. Memorial in Tulsa; also near SuperTarget, WalMart SuperCenter, and a multi-screen theatre.

Room Tip: Suites available; more space at a slight upcharge.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank DrFrisbie
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed at the Bixby Hampton Inn and Suites for one night. The grounds and room were clean, the breakfast was good, the staff was friendly, and the property is in a safe area of town. The hotel was busy the night that we stayed there, but noise was minimal. It is very convenient (short walk) to the Spirit Center Event Center if you have an event to attend. Also, lots of restaurants within walking distance. My only concerns with the HI&S Bixby was the shower experience. The shower head was stuck in the position of a pressure point wash (if working properly, this shower head made by waterpik would be an awesome amenity!), and the tub was a little slow to drain. Also, towels were a little on the small side, but of comparable size to hotels of this size/star rating. Overall, a good stay. I would highly recommend staying here, and I would stay here again. 4 stars!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KyleOnThePlane
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This hotel is fairly new. The breakfast in the morning is pretty good.

Every room I've stayed in has a refrigerator. Savastano's and Duke's are two very close restaurants that I would recommend that you check out.

Area is rather safe and there is a mall and shopping close by.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2011

The hotel is nice and clean, with large comfortable rooms. I always expect a hot shower, and on 2 days out of 3 I didn't get it. The breakfast is very good, and it is walking distance to a few restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My family and I stayed here one night in November. My kids are 13, 7 and 4. I booked this hotel specifically because it was convenient to where we were going and because it has a pool and hot tub. We don't take our children to stay in hotels often, so this was a treat for them. I called and booked the hotel 2 days before I stayed and asked if they had a pool and hot tub. I was assured they did. I didn't specifically ask if they were in working order because I honestly figured if they weren't, I would be told. We arrived, checked in, (all went smoothly) and changed so the kids could swim. We get to the pool area and there was a sign on the door that said "Pool under maintenance" but there were people swimming, so we went on in. The hot tub had about 4 inches of water in it and the pool water was very cold!! I went to the front desk and politely complained. They said that it had been that way for awhile and that a repairman was coming on Monday to work on it (2 days later). I explained how I had asked specifically about the pool area just 2 days earlier and it that was a big part of the reason I'd booked that hotel. They apologized and did give me a full refund and I was satisfied with that. However, I just thought I should've been told before hand when I'd called.

The room itself is comfortably adequate. Very small but the beds were comfy. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Lots of towels and wash cloths. Breakfast in the morning was good and plentiful. Internet requires a code from the front desk and while I couldn't get logged in, my husband did.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I used this hotel while house hunting in Tulsa (two trips). If a few things could be changed, this hotel would be perfect (see negatives below).

Positives:
Friendly/attentive staff
The woman who works the majority of the days in the breakfast area does an incredible job/works so hard and is always smiling! She brightened our mornings!
Clean hotel
Nice location - didn't take long to get to most places
Several restaurants/shopping mall nearby

Negatives:
The rooms have the worst duvet comforters I've ever encountered- our comforter's filling had separated and was just BIG lumps and I'm not exaggerating. I let housekeeping know and they said that all of them were like that, I was given a blanket to put in between the sheets and the duvet. For me, the comfort of a hotel bed is the most important thing since sleeping is the primary reason for staying at a hotel.
Exercise room - temperature is extremely hot (a fan was brought in during our first stay). Temperature really needs to be changed.
Pool - very cold, even the kids at the hotel were complaining
Hot tub - out of order during second trip

Nice hotel with so much potential if they addressed the negatives listed above.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business