“Super fun atmosphere! Fireworks!”
Review of El Guapo's Cantina

El Guapo's Cantina
Ranked #51 of 1,350 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Delicious Mexican food and a hopping fun atmosphere, it is always a good bet that your out of town guests will have fun here! If the upstairs roof seating is full at least walk up there and look out and see the view and the dining area decorations. We got lucky and there was a Drillers game with fireworks after the game, so that was an added bonus!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The fun atmosphere makes this is a fun place to eat in DT Tulsa's Blue Dome District. Its a popular place so its hard to get a table (we tried several different times with 45 min - 1 hr wait time). We (my husband & I) were finally able to go earlier in the evening during the week and, even though it was still really busy, we got seated on the 2nd floor after a 15 min wait. The service was a little slow but friendly. We ordered the Flautas (sp?). The food was great! The strawberry margarita was good too! My husband had a beer and had to ask for another because no one was coming to check on us. My husband happen to catch the Manager walking by our table and politely asked him for another beer. A server brought it over. Despite the slow service, everyone was really friendly so that helped make up for it. We'll go back. Next time, I think we'll ask to be seated on the rooftop though.

Im happy to see downtown Tulsa finally coming back to life!

1  Thank AutumnJoyz
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was a recommendation from a friend - it was just perfect for us. I took my daughter and her friend, they enjoyed it. The service was just fine and the food was really good. We had the guacamole and the Chihuahua Bites - the chihuahua bites were NOT good and the waitress removed them from our ticket as we did not like them. The guacamole was very good. We ordered the bowl, beef tacos. The food was prompt and tasted great. Fun atmosphere, good food - HUGE tequila menu - I didn't try any as I was with kids, but the menu was extensive!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Fun, eclectic cantina...three floors of dining including a great rooftop dining experience! Great Mexican food! The fried fish tacos were wonderful! Staff needs a little help...figuring out the bill for 10 was a little challenging!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food is always very good.. Beers are cold, and a wide variety of drinks to choose.. Service is average mostly, but occsionaly get a really good waitress.. within walking distance to many other bars.. El Guapo has a very cool rooftop.. Just be easy on the ritas if you plan to walk back down! definately recommend..

Been to El Guapo's Cantina? Share your experiences!