“McNellies Brews”

Ranked #8 of 1,343 Restaurants in Tulsa
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had the Oklahoma Flight of hand crafted brews. Settled for a guiness draught instead. Cheseburger and fries were very good, at $9. They took good care of us.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

In our vacation all across England, every pub we visited, I compared to McNellies. This is one of the top three anywhere that I have been to.

HUGE selection of beers on top. Definitely study the 4 page beer menu before you settle on one. The specials are nearly always the best choice! Pint night is fun...if you arrive early enough, you get to take home a pint glass to remember your new fave.

If you are going on a weekend night, leave plenty of time. They don't take reservations and the wait can be a bit long.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I decided to try out McNellie's as the online reviews have been quite good and we wanted to try something new for lunch.

We ordered their fried pickles as an appetizer and it was served promptly with a side of ranch dressing. They seemed to use good quality pickles and the breading wasn't too thick. It was a nice little appetizer.

For our entrees I tried their open-face chilli cheeseburger. I really enjoyed my burger, the chilli was meaty with no beans and the hamburger was well cooked.

My wife ordered their grilled cheese with their pub fries. Her order was below average, it appeared it was missing the Swiss cheese from the sandwich and her fries weren't fully cooked so they were mushy in the middle.

Overall the tab seemed a little high for a burger, grilled cheese, a small appetizer, and drinks.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I haven't had a bad meal there yet! Their sweet potato fries are amazing ... great atmosphere and usually very busy (good sign!)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is definitely the best beer pub in Tulsa. They have a very good beer list (and a serviceable single malt list). They are also pretty good about their beer etiquette, though you will do well to specify how you want your bottle conditioned beer served. Some styles (hefewiezen and such) are often served with the dregs swirled in. Other styles, not so much. They very consistently use correct (and clean) glassware though temperatures tend to be on the cold side for cellared bottles.

1  Thank Brett N