“Another Pizza Place? NOT REALLY”

Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #132 of 1,357 Restaurants in Tulsa
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was slow to go to this restaurant as I wanted to be sure it was not just another pizza joint. I kept hearing it was really good so my wife and I and another couple decided to try it out. We sat in the outside area which was awesome. This is an upscale pizza place. The server suggested this great wine that they had a special on. It was so good! My wife and I split a house salad and were surprised how great that was. Their salads could be a meal and was so flavorful. The pizza we ordered was called the Psycho Shroom and contained Pie sauce, fontina, mushroom mix, chives, truffle oil, grana. It was amazing. We are mushroom fans so of course we loved it. They had a great selection and several looked good. This place is nice enough to have it be a date night place but not stuffy where you are uncomfortable. Give it a try.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have visited Upper Crust on two occasions, one being a girls' night out and another being a date night. Food was great both nights, but our server on our date night was less than observant! She served us our pizza and brought the check...waters, wine and salads were all delivered by other staff members. The manager visited with us for some time on our second visit and was quite friendly. We have never been wit our kids but plan on it. It is a bit pricey for the portions, just so you know. Overall a great south Tulsa restaurant for dates, family dinners and special occasions!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have to write this review with a good and bad or two sides. First I don't really look at myself as a cheap person but, I do want bang for my buck. Upper Crust is a very clean, nice place to meet after work, go on a date etc. The place is outstanding when it comes to presentation, taste and atmosphere. It is a little noisy but when you look at the type of place it is... well that is what you get. The only bad I have for Upper Crust is they are somewhat pricey. The pizza's are are at most 12" in size and the toppings are kind of light. They don't have anything bigger. My wife and I shared a 12" BBQ chicken and we spent about $17 for it and we felt like we had an appetizer. Their cheapest pizza is again 12" cheese and it is $13. They go up from there as high as $20. I will spend money for good food. I will pay for good steak but this is not a steak place and not a formal atmosphere. Come on guys... That is another thing... the appetizers are anywhere from $8 to more than $10. Sorry but if I am meeting my wife for a quick informal little night I am not in the mood for spending $30 for 1 pizza and 1 glass of wine. Bottom line is, don't skip this place because the food is great. Just take a bit more cash. I just will not go back because I can go other places in town just like this place (Oliveto) and get the same food, same atmosphere, 2 miles down the road and spend less.

1  Thank nighttalk
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This place is a great place to eat, i have only been here for lunch so I can't say what the dinner vibe is like. My Favorite are farmer's market salad, classic turkey piadine.....pizza are some like it hot, tony Italian and I hear then flying pig is great also. Its a place everyone should visit at least once.

1  Thank Brandy P
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Saw their ads on television, so we decided to try them for a late lunch. The menu is similar to that you would find in any pizza place - pizza, sandwiches, appetizers. However the individual menu items are quite unique having a different flair from the norm. The pizza only comes in one size, 12 inch, but this allows for everyone to get the pizza of their choice.

The restaurant is family friendly, with a sports bar feeling theme. The have a full bar, and also a full wine cellar from which you can choose your favorite wine to accompany your meal.

Food was good, service was quick with a very friendly and attentive wait staff in a very clean environment. Steven the manager ended up spending quite a bit of time with us and was very friendly and helpful.

A good place to take family, dates, friends - or just go by yourself.

1  Thank Tim D

Been to Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza? Share your experiences!