“Good food but avoid the evening wait if you can”

Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #162 of 1,382 Restaurants in Tulsa
Description: Upper Crust is an uptown pizzeria and wine bar specializing in wood-fired, thin crust, New York-style pies complimented by a full menu and wine list that is synonymous with quality and great prices. Natural woods, expansive glass, earthen tile, granite counters and hand-scraped wood floors give the restaurant a Napa Valley vibe.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Been twice in the first month or so that the Upper Crust has been open. Nice airy interior with multiple televisions around. Slightly loud.

The food is good, the pizzas come in neat combinations or you can customize your own. Beer and wine selections are fairly extensive.

A good suggestion is to get there before 5:30. We have been there at that time both times we have visited and the wait seems to start then.

1  Thank m2swim

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The pizza here was delicious!! The crust is hand tossed and perfectly crispy! Reminded me of pizza in Rome. My only complaint is I could only order it in one size that is enough for 2 people. (6 slices total) I prefer eating outside because the inside is very, very noisy. Poor acoustics to say the least! So fair warning on that. Pic strongly recommend trying the pizza though. Delicious!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

First of all, the noise level is way too high. No way to carry on a normal conversation, and definitely not relaxing!
Our salads were quite good.
But the pizza was awful. I picked up the first piece and the crust was so soggy that it collapsed and all the filling feel off. We asked for a spatula or something to get the piece from the serving pan to the plate intact. They said they didn't have any.
Oh well, will be going to Russo instead.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I found the noise level much too high. It was difficult to carry on a conversation in a normal tone. The food was overpriced and I found it pretty bland. I think this will be our one and only meal there.

1  Thank Vickie B
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went there for lunch. My first visit. Took a guest. The service gets an A. The food a C or C-. The pizza seemed under cooked, had little flavor, and it is not evident what wood fired brings to it. One would think "wood fired" would do something for the pizza crust, but their crust is nothing special. Probably most irritating was that the lunch special is supposed to come with a quarter of a pizza. Most single slice offerings at the airport are MUCH bigger than the supposed "quarter pizza" I received. I saw pizzas going by, and I sure didn't get a quarter of a pizza. I usually like to give a restaurant a chance to fix problems before I post, but Hal Smith Restaurant Group apparently has so much self confidence they don't have any contact information on their websites. Suggest you go elsewhere.