“Average”

Ranked #20 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We spent the weekend at the lodge and we were not impressed. The rooms are very small. There were issues with both electricity and hot water, both went out at times. we also had issues with house keeping they did not show until very late in the day and only made the bed. Did not do any thing to the bathroom. No towels, but the trash was taken out.
But on the plus side the staff was very friendly at check-in and check-out.

I do not think that we would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
JamesPOl2014, Manager at POSTOAK Lodge & Retreat, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Rested478,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us! It is extremely important that we hear from our guests how their stay went. From reading your post, I can tell that we did not meet all of your expectations. Reviews like this are what we use to continually make improvements to better serve our guests. I hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will give us another chance to WOW you.

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
St. Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We went to a friends wedding at the Lodge and it was truly beautiful. The ceremony and reception site were set up for well. We were one of a few guests that stayed there overnight. We paid $99 for our overnight stay. The cabin is very big but upon entering you walk into a common area with 4 doors leading to 4 separate rooms. I soo felt like I was at a really cute summer camp!! That feeling continued as we entered the room and saw the two small beds. My husband and I laughed so hard at this! We felt like we were in highschool or something. It was more humorous then annoying.

The tv and shower worked great. And it was clean and comfy. Perfect for an overnight stay. And when we woke in the morning we found little paper bags filled with breakfast goodies for our ride home: bagel, V8, yogurt, apple etc. Overall cute stay. We would like to go back with friends sometime. I do wish it was closer as we are from Missouri.

Room Tip: Bring your own food and entertainment. The Lodge is on the outskirts of Tulsa on a large plot of lan...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

My family and I have been going to Post Oak for years. The Peace we experience is Amazing. In our fast paced world we always look forward to escaping the to "The Lodge" as we call it. We have so many memories... just thinking about it brings me laughter!

• Stayed December 2013
JamesPOl2014, Manager at POSTOAK Lodge & Retreat, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
MickeyUphold,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us! We love seeing our vision come alive with our guests! We look forward to when you return to stay with us!

James
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We stayed at the Post Oak Lodge recently for a friend's wedding and it was a great get-away experience and wonderful setting for a fun celebration. Our friends did a great job to make it an all-inclusive experience and the Post Oak Lodge staff were very friendly and helpful. It was also really convenient from the Tulsa airport. The accommodations were quite good and not too rustic.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Owasso, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Post Oak Lodge in August and will never return. Our daughter is getting married next year and we wanted to check it out for a possible location.
I will list the good things first.
The check in was smooth and fast
Dinner was good and the service was wonderful
The grounds are well maintained
We did not use the pool but it looked very nice
There was a nice swing on the porch
The check in lodge has nice comfy sofas

Now for the not so good:
The lodge we stayed in was musty and dirty
The furniture in the common area had stains
The bed and pillows were extremely hard, the sheets kept coming off the mattress. Looked to be cheap linens.
The bathroom looked to be 30 years old, the toilet ran all night, the shower was tiny with no water pressure or hot water. Thank goodness it was summer and we didn't mind a cool shower.
My husband dropped his glasses and they landed in a sticky mouse trap that was under the bed. If it hadn't been so late we would have checked out. He had to peel his glasses off with both hands.
The area where weddings are held were dirty, the carpet was soiled, the walls needed painting.
The Pine room was a joke, blinds from the 80s and broken, carpet extremely dirty, 2 chairs were broken. I almost fell when I sat down.

We will definitely not be using the lodge for our daughters wedding. I would be embarrassed to have our guest stay there even one night. Post Oak needs to do some major remodeling, cleaning and updating the TVs and furniture.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ana R
Silvis, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been staying at Post Oak Lodge twice a year for week long meetings with my company for the past 5 years and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. They have everything you need to make a week long business trip go as smoothly as possible. The staff is wonderful and very attentive, the amenities are above par with an excellent workout facility, pool, games community areas in each lodge with TV's, pool tables and kitchen area just to name a few. For those who love the outdoors there is a great network of trails just outside the lodges for hiking and running and they have recently added a zip line tour which is awesome for team building events.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been coming out to Post Oak Lodge now twice a year for the past 5 years for business leadership conferences. I personally work with the staff to organize and plan these conferences and I can't tell you how wonderful they are to work beside in planning these meetings. They are eager to accomodate our needs and wants. We have been coming out there for so long now, they know us by name and remember the smallest details that are important to us personally. The facilities are always clean. The food honestly is amazing! Chef Damien makes fabulous food and his presentation of food is wonderful as well. There are 2 main lodges with 18 rooms each. There is a center area in each of those lodges where our teams can just hang out or play games(pool, shuffle board, poker, dominoes, cards). We have been able to have all types of team "events" as well. Everything from treasure hunts, , ropes course, survivor games, obtstacle courses, to capture the flag. The grounds are huge and allow for all types of team activites. Last year we took advantage of the on-site Zip Line course and our team LOVED it!

On a personal note, I have attended a wedding there that was out of this world. Absolutely gorgeous! I have also stayed out in one of the smaller lodges with my husband for an anniversary weekend.

This lodge is a hidden treasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business