“You get way more than you pay for.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa Airport
Ranked #85 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I had a ridiculous time trying to find a hotel in Tulsa that had no bedbug-laden reviews. I finally found this $40-something-a-night budget place. It turned out to be one of the most comfortable hotels I've ever slept in.

Value -- can't beat the price, and what you get for your money is great.

Sleep quality -- I had the air conditioning roaring (come on, I'm a Canadian in Tulsa in June!) so I couldn't hear any outside noise. The room was good and dark with the lights out. Finally, and best of all, there was some kind of miraculously squishy mattress pad that was exactly what I needed after sitting on a plane all day. I have never fallen asleep that fast in a hotel.

Food -- it's not a restaurant, but there's an extensive continental breakfast in the lobby. There's cereal, fruit, little sugar doughnuts, toast and spreads, coffee and juice, and (you crazy, lovely southern states) biscuits and gravy.

Cleanliness -- I told these guys, keep up what you're doing, because there are no bugs in a city full of buggy hotels. There are two things that make me want to take off a whole star here. First, the place could have been vacuumed a little better -- it's not a new building and it's getting a bit dusty in the cracks, so you have to really go over those when cleaning. Second, some of the linens could be replaced. My room had two beds. One bed's sheets were covered with old stains -- old blood spots from pimply faces? ballpoint pen ink? a shoeprint?? -- but the other bed's sheets were fine and I slept there.

Service -- wow! Friendly folks at the front desk no matter what wacky hour of the day I stopped in. I asked to borrow a bottle opener once and they had it. The airport shuttle was the icing on the cake. I had to leave the hotel for the airport at 05:30, and Kirti himself was there with his van to take us away.

I was super impressed with everything and I'll recommend it to anyone visiting Tulsa and looking for peace of mind where they stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
abvitulsaairport, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you found our accommodations satisfying and a good value for your money. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent customer service for our guests and it’s very rewarding when someone like you takes the time to recognize our efforts. The next time you are in Tulsa, I hope you will stay again at Americas Best Value Inn, Tulsa Airport. – Kirti Vashee, General Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel when I was taking the bar exam in Tulsa. It is NOT elegant on the outside. It is in an industrial area off the freeway, and the outside of the building is not impressive. I had to tug on the metal door to my room to get it open. Don't let that scare you off.

In spite of being extremely stressed by the exam, I slept soundly both nights. This was something I had not expected, and have seldom experienced in a hotel. The room was clean and quiet, everything worked, and I felt safe. The water in the shower was hot and had plenty of pressure, the toilet flushed satisfactorily. There was a fridge (which unfortunately didn't smell very good, but I just didn't use it), and a microwave. The heating/cooling unit was very noisy, but worked so well that I could leave it off at night and when I turned it on in the morning it only took 5-10 minutes to warm the room - better than the heating in my cabin out in the country! Service was great. The complimentary breakfast consisted of biscuits and hot gravy in a crockpot, cereal, pastries, bananas, coffee and orange and apple juice - unfortunately, I was too nervous to eat.

This is not a hotel you would go to for entertainment. But if you just need a place to sleep and are looking for a clean, quiet and safe spot where you can get a good night's sleep, this is it! I'll be staying here whenever I need to be in Tulsa, because I believe in using my money wisely.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RuralTraveler54

Reviewed February 9, 2011

We've stayed here several times now. the fly and park is SUCH a good deal for airport trips. The owner is friendly and goes out of his way to make your stay what you need. It's so nice to know you will have a clean room, very clean, with a good bed and breakfast to boot. The family feeling and care is so nice after indifferent chain motels. And it's right off the freeway. The place doesn't look all that upgraded on the outside, but makes up for it many times over with everything else. we really recommend this.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garjette

Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband found this unassuming gem while he was on the computer as we were heading toward Tulsa. Don't let the outside fool you--the inside on our stay was immaculate, with new-looking fixtures. I especially liked the bedside lamps, which were attractive and had convenient switches and an outlet with each lamp. The bathroom counter was granite, and the sink was a clean sparkly white. I was pleased with the rate and what you got, including the ironing board and hair dryer.. The breakfast was basic, and rather bready (more protein would have been nice, maybe some boiled eggs, but hey I can always run by McDonald's), but serviceable. I did not care for the lobby being locked to guests at night, as my husband had to stay outside and talk through the glass window to check us in (though it did not bother my husband; however, a woman traveling alone probably would not like this). I am a light sleeper and toward morning I did hear some train and big engine noises outside. All in all a great stay and liked the fact that you can park right outside your door if you are on the first floor.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aurene

Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you found our accommodations satisfying and a good value for your money. I appreciate a couple of your tips and we will try our best to incorporate something close to further enhance our hospitality. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent customer service for our guests and it’s very rewarding when someone like you takes the time to recognize our efforts. The next time you are in Tulsa, I hope you will stay again at Americas Best Value Inn, Tulsa Airport. – Kirti Vashee, General Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2010

The heater didn't work, there was mold on the ceiling tiles and over the door, ceiling tiles were broken, a lamp shade had a hole, part of the night stand top was missing, one drawer of the dresser was held on by about a dozen construction nails through the drawer face, the shower cutain rod was broken, the carpets were dirty and tattered. To top that off there was a party in a building across the parking lot with a DJ playing so loud it kept me awake until midnight. The motel is behind an abandoned restaurant. My tip...STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Don't be fooled by the other reviews as I was. They are obviously the management advertising rather than authentic.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank businesstraveller012

Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We have worked hard on upgrading our rooms over the years and have made great progress. The next time you are in Tulsa, I hope you will stay again at Americas Best Value Inn, Tulsa Airport and give us an opportunity to show you our hospitality. – Kirti Vashee, General Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2010

The owners/managers of this hotel are doing their best to give you a good value and a pleasant stay. My room was clean and comfortable with nice touches like a selection of hard and soft pillows. The free cold breakfast was basic, but still a nice treat given the low cost of the room.

I was just looking for a clean and quiet place to spend the night while passing through town. It filled that need very nicely.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Oldfrat

Reviewed September 26, 2010

First time at the ABVI, was reasonably priced for the jacuzzi suite. We really enjoyed the room and the service was warm and friendly. I will go back again and would recommend the stay to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple