“A great meal!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Oklahoma
“A great meal!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We made our reservation a week out for 5 PM on a Saturday evening before a concert at the BOK Center. We were seated immediately when we arrived at 5 at what I think is the best table in the place - a 4 seat table just to the right of the front door with a large chandelier over it with a view of the outside. It was an all around great meal and experience. Food and service were excellent. My wife and I split the 16 ounce rib eye ($41) - it was huge and it was delicious and I wouldn't hesitate to get it again. I had the farmer's salad and my wife had the arugula salad ($8 or 9 each) and they were both very good. We enjoyed a very good bottle of sauvignon blanc for $30 which wasn't unreasonable. For an appetizer we had the flat bread which included goat cheese and I am not a big fan of goat cheese so I would pass on that next time I go. Our server Alex was outstanding! I highly recommend it!

“Relaxed experience”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere. Excellent food. Good service. Unique light fixtures made of pipe. Subdued music. Good food. Good friends.

“Quirte full of itself”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

"You have never had a steak like this" really meant we are going to drown your $40 piece of meat in an unknown sauce that contradicts the basic flavor of meat. It also meant scallops dosed with a blend of spices from the spice rack that totally obscure - if not fight with - the scallop. Nice atmosphere, vibe, crowd and earnest staff. The food? No so much.

1 Thank cliffordok1
K2CGirl
“Excellent new addition to Downtown Tulsa”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I made a reservation for 9 pm on a Friday night. We were seated promptly at 9 pm. This is a very cozy space and also can be loud with conversation and live music in the small space. However, we didn't mind as we felt welcomed to the warmth on a very cold night. For our appetizers we ordered the Shrimp and Grits ($8) and Flatbread with mushrooms, pesto, bacon and goat cheese. My husband said that he did not like grits, but I ordered them anyway. He ended up helping me finish that plate of grits! The flatbread was tasty although it could have been served at a warmer temp.
For our entrees, He ordered the Lemon Chicken with root vegetables. I ordered the Pork Belly and Scallops ($28.00). This is what I came for. The pork belly was seared perfectly and fork tender. The two very large scallops were perfectly seared. I think they were the best scallops I've ever had. This sat on a bed of butternut squash puree with crispy greens. It was devine.
We had the Chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce for dessert. The texture of the bread pudding was chewy and just a tad dry. There could have been a little more caramel sauce, but it's hard to complain when everything else was so good.
If you have a chance to visit Tallgrass Prairie Table in the near future, make a reservation and don't be in a hurry. Relax and enjoy the experience and wonderful food.
The party next to us was having the Bone Marrow small plate. It looked interesting. We may have to try it next time.

“Excellent All Around”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Atmosphere, food and service were all incredible. This was my first visit and I will be a return customer. Nice wine list as well. Our server went as far as hand-stuffing olives for my friend's martini. Very impressive.

Visited January 2014