“Always a disappointment”

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We'll take you to the coast, even if you're miles from the water. Joe's Crab Shack 100% Shore. Attire is casual, Walk-Ins are welcome, Great for groups and Kids. Birthday parties and Shout-outs are available too. Joe's up-beat Crew will provide entertainment and laughs - and don't be shy when the "Cotton-eyed Joe" song begins to play - join the Joe's Crew and dance! See our full menu at our website and don't forget to sign up for Joe's Catch E-club. Permission to come aboard is granted - Welcome Aboard!
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The environment here and the service is good. But the food is always disappointing, I have tried several times and several items, but it's always the same bland, probably frozen food. Skip this place.

1  Thank thedivahrrrself

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Arrived late ( 10:00 pm ) but grand kids wanted crab legs, seated promptly and waitress took drink orders quickly but seemed a little slow getting them to us ( maybe 10 people in the place besides us) the appetizers were slow getting to table. I ordered the classic steam pot because I had donated to Autism and received a coupon for free meal with purchase of adult dinner. All the food was good and had a great visit with kids. Time to pay the waitress didn't provide me with a detailed receipt but rather just a total on credit card, I figured in my head it was high and asked to see itemized receipt because mine was free and she said she would fix it and just like I thought she had included mine on bill. My tip to Joes would be train your staff and to patrons never assume they are right. Joes is open till midnight but maybe the waitresses are not..

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just left the coast of Texas and am eating seafood in Tulsa, OK....I should be eating STEAK!!! But other people in our party chose the restaurant. They were from Missouri and don't know what "fresh" seafood is. All in all the food was good though. My husband had the seafood platter. I ALWAYS have Joe's coconut shrimp. My sister is not a seafood lover and she had the coconut shrimp too and really liked them. The service was friendly and on the ball. The restaurant was packed due to the Gun Show being held that weekend, that's why we were there. The ladies room needed major attention. For a chain restaurant, and if you don't get fresh seafood often, it's an ok place to eat. But the seafood is NOT fresh, it's frozen. When in Tulsa...EAT STEAK!!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I ate here for a late lunch Saturday, March 16.
My wife had a special, forgot the name: Crab, Sausage, potatoes, and corn. She really loved the bib, the crab, the sausage, the... everything.
I had the Lobster Daddy Feast. Spicy Boil. It was very good. A bit spicy for me, but my wife loved the samples I gave her. Lobster was a bit small, but there were many crabs and I got full!
The only downside was the service after we ordered. I even sat my almost empty glass on the side of the table through several fast passes by the waiter. Tried to catch his attention, but not successful. My wife and I did get one refill each at the same time.
Getting our bill paid was handled quickly. Almost felt like; get them in, get them food, get them out.
We paid about $50? total.
If service was near the food quality, they would have something. And I'd tip more.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The ambience is upbeat and very busy. Hectic actually, at least on weekends and holidays, when you should be prepared for a wait on a table, and a longer wait for your order. Not the place to go if you're wanting a quiet and secluded meal. If you're into a high energy, busy atmosphere and a waiting staff that is almost on the run, then you'll love this place. Otherwise, you'll be like me and think the food is great, but it's not a great environment for enjoying a leisurely meal.

On my last trip there I had the Crawfish Etouffee and it was outstanding. Full of flavor and delicious. In fact, their Cajun-inspired dishes are the bomb. I've never had one that wasn't great. Their shrimp dishes are almost always spot-on perfect, but occasionally they fall flat on flavor, generally from being overcooked or underseasoned. But even then, they are still good; just not perfect. That can be said for most all their seafood entrees. Their appetizers always seem to be great, too.

If you want a great meal, with little or no distraction, here is what you need to do. Show up about 20 minutes before closing and ask for a table in the bar area. It will be slightly darker with a better ambience, plus you have immediate access to the bar. You can save time on your orders by paying for your drinks separately at the bar, instead of having your waiter/waitress fetch them for you. Just be sure to get a receipt for your bar drink, so they don't mistakenly include it with your meal tab.