“Poor quality food.”

Ollies Station Restaurant
Ranked #322 of 1,310 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mounds, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor quality food.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husbands chicken fried steak was a preformed perfectly round piece of meat. It was very very thin and the waitress said they buy them frozen and bread them on site. It looked like something from a Swanson TV dinner. The chicken strips weren't made in house either. I can't comment on the taste. We walked out. The waitress had black and broken jagged teeth. Won't be back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cynthia A

“Rude Waitresses...Burnt/Undercooked buffet items.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you're not a 'regular' at this restaurant..you may be disappointed.
The breakfast buffet was a disappointment!
I feel bad for the owners...wait staff alienates unfamilar customers and lavishes over the obvious regulars.
Nice atmosphere...good cooks and waitresses would make this a first choice.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Railroad themed”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you love trains it's a unique experience. On historic Rte 66 in an old converted train station. Above your head the entire area is taken up by rather large model trains that run around and tootle along while you munch away.
Don't come here for the food though, it's all about the trains. The food is OK, a fairly standard presentation of american fare. Lunch time buffet of meat loaf, fried chicken and catfish + fixins to go with. All reasonable good and for $7 bucks a head.
Very nice wait staff.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Paul R
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Used to be excellent - Horrible experience this time!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our 14 year-old grandson was visiting us in Tulsa and we wanted to take him back to Ollie's Station where we took him 7-8 times when he was 4-7 years old. This time it was a terrible experience. The place was packed with customers. Waited for a table, then waited 20 minutes for a waitress to take our order. We did manage to order an appetizer, however the waitress did not bring us any silverware, plates or napkins when it was delivered. After we asked her for silverware, she came back and SLAMMED silverware in a heap on the table and left again without taking our order. We decided to leave at that point. We had a $20 groupon we had purchased for the occasion. The manager was very nice and immediately agreed to give us our money back for the groupon certificate. He seemed to know they were completely understaffed for the number of guests. To be fair, it was about 12:30 on a Sunday in Tulsa, and there were probably a lot of people there who just came from Church. It was a great place to take a 4-8 year-old who enjoys the running trains. I would be sure to go during an off-peak time when the service would be better.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Milestonecruises
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Interesting place to visit if you like trains”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

It's called "Ollie's Station," as in "railroad station." Across the street from the restaurant is a main line of the BNSF Railroad. Ollie's is not far from the BNSF Cherokee Yard, so a train or two is likely to be rumbling by slowly during your visit.

As you enter the restaurant's foyer, you'll encounter many railroad-related items. Once inside, look up: a large model-railroad layout takes trains overhead while you're dining.

That is, the trains are overhead SOMETIMES. I was there for an early dinner, but no trains were operating. During past visits at the holidays, I have found the Christmas-themed trains to be entertaining.

Oh, yes, don't let me forget: it's a restaurant. The home-style cooking was okay. I had a chicken-fried-chicken dinner, and it was acceptable. The chicken was very lightly breaded; the taste was okay. The green beans were too salty.

I was offered a trip to the salad bar as part of the meal, but the salad bar was worthless: the only foundational item offered was iceberg lettuce. I did find a redeeming bowl of ham and beans, one of two soups offered.

The service was delightful. My server was very friendly and attentive. The hostess who greeted me at the door treated me as if I were a regular customer, although I hadn't eaten at Ollie's for years.

So, it was a worthwhile experience for me, but primarily because of the service, and because I like trains.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank charlestace

Been to Ollies Station Restaurant? Share your experiences!