“Nice, but a lot of extra costs”

Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
boston
“Nice, but a lot of extra costs”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We got this hotel on our way from MI to San Diego and it was nice. We got it on priceline for a total of $70 I think. It was very nice and everything it was just stupid you had to pay for your own internet and parking. Otherwise it was very modern and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Good afternoon. Thank you for reviewing the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I understand budgeting for a trip and then finding extra charges....#rental cars. We do have packages available for both internet usage, parking or both. We do this, rather than build it into the rate, so our guests only pay for what they utilize and not for things they do not.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

jeff.keeley@hyattregencytulsa.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel staff is great, especially the shuttle drivers who took us to & from the BOK Center in the bad weather on 12/5/13. The rooms are large, but the beds are full sized, not queen. The restaurant needs improvement. The hamburgers are better at A&W, ours were dry and flavorless, plus the kitchen mixed up the orders. Two mornings in a row I had to ask the waitress for cream for my coffee, 4 times the first day, 3 times the second. Service was very slow on refilling coffee, water, etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I am pleased to hear that we accomodated you during the weather. I would like to apologize for the food in the Daily Grill. They grind their burger meat on a daily basis so I surprised and disappointed that it was not to your liking.

Thank you again for the feedback and I hope to meet you on your next visit to Tulsa.

Denver, CO
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had a day of fun in Tulsa. Our young kids wanted to visit the wonderful zoo, and then we stayed the night downtown and went to Winterfest. All in all, the Hyatt was comfortable, stylish, helpful, and a great value. Heck, downtown parking was $8- cheap! I went swimming with my 4 year old in the bathtub-hot pool, and it was nice to wade indoors. While the hotel apparently had an extensive renovation recently, a few areas (like the indoor/outdoor pool) were a little worn. The gym was huge and complete. Our room was comfortable, and our crying infant woke us to a lovely sunrise. Earlier, a crib for her was quickly brought. We would love to stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. It seems like you had a great time in Tulsa! It is a wonderful town with alot to do, I pleased to hear you enjoyed it. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as well.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Scandia, Minnesota
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I really enjoyed the employees. That sounds odd but they made it a great stay. I really didn't have much of a chance to do anything other than get in, nap, workout, sleep and check out but the people were really outstanding. Jessica at the front desk was a riot and the gentleman who drove me to the airport was great to talk to. And then...there was City Grill. I would fly to Tulsa JUST to eat there. I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Layover
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We happen to agree with you, our people are fantastic and they can make or break a stay. I am pleased to here that they made you stay.

Thank you for the feedback and we will be posting this on our "Brag Board" for all to see.

Enjoy the holidays.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We've stayed at all of them; this place is far better than other downtown Tulsa properties. We were pleased with the hotel staff, the coffee shop and the parking. Everybody was super nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Be sure to take a swimsuit. They have a great heated pool with an amazing view of downtown.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joshua G
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for the great review of the Hyatt Regency. We happen to agree with everything you said. Our pool is very unique as it is a rooftop indoor/outdoor pool that has great views of downtown Tulsa.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Plymouth, Indiana
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had never stayed at a Hyatt before. I purchased the night on Hotwire. Wow! was I surprised at the service. The front desk, maintenance staff, and courtesy driver were fabulous! I had an issue with the toilet handle and a professional maintenance person came immediately and fixed it. The room was clean and cozy. Upon leaving, I needed a ride to the airport. The gentleman was very helpful and told me a lot of valuable information about Tulsa. If I need to stay in Tulsa again, this is where I will stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the kind words reagrding our staff. We take pride in delivering great customer service and we appreciate the recognition. Our airport shuttle is a an added bonus as well. We pick up at the airport upon request and leave the hotel every hour to ensure you make your flight.

Thank you again for the kind words and we hope to see you back again on your next stay in Tulsa.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hyatt was awesome. We stayed there over a long weekend when the kids had a swim meet. The hotel rooftop pool was great for practice and the adjacent gym was great too. The room and towels were luxurious and comfy. The only negative-- the restaurant was overpriced and not very good. Also, downtown Tulsa dies at night and on the weekend = a boring city. It is like OKC before Bricktown. But, the Hyatt itself is very nice-- will stay there again.

Room Tip: get a North face room with a view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your feedback. The indoor/outdoor rooftop pool is very unique, I am pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed it. I do apologize for the issue with the Daily Grill. Normally the receive high marks for their food, I do apologize this was not the case. Downtown Tulsa is coming around there are currently 43 restaurants/bars within walking distance of the hotel. There is also the BOK Center, Cains Ballroom and The Brady Theater. We are not on par with Bricktown yet, but we are closing the gap significantly.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.