“Pretty from Afar but in Need of Some TLC.”

Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Pretty from Afar but in Need of Some TLC.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in June while in Tulsa for a wedding. This hotel was chosen by the bride for guests. The lobby and common rooms are very nice, open and airy. Valet car park was pretty efficient and the last time out we were comped due to a slight delay. Good customer service. Internet was also comped after some confusion at the front desk (but should always be free anyway). Room was average, although the bed was very comfy. Some areas were missing pieces of shoe moulding. I think this hotel needs a refresh. The bathroom was very small and there wasn't anywhere to hang a towel or washcloth. The breakfasts in the hotel restaurant were quite good. Good central Tulsa location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We truly appreciate it. We are continually upgrading our hotel. For example, later this year we will be changing out the carpet in half the hotel with the remainder in 2014.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Hyatt Regency Tulsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel was booked on a discount travel site, where we got a very good deal (about 50% off the regular rate). We were looking for a hotel that was in close proximity to Cains Ballroom, as I was going to see a concert there and wanted a quick drive between the 2. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the Hyatt was less than a 10 minute walk from Cains. We left the car at the hotel. As well as Cains, the hotel is within walking distance from a lot of clubs and restaurants.
The room was very nice with comfy, soft beds, a desk, arm chair, and a fridge. There was a small powder room area outside of the bathroom with a regular sized closet and a counter with the coffee maker. This area was useful for privacy while getting dressed. My son enjoyed the indoor/outdoor swimming pool. This was a pleasant surprise, as we had thought that the pool was only outdoor. The parking garage was attached to the hotel, very easily accessible. Valet parking was available. We asked if there was a microwave that we could use downstairs, and were offered to have housekeeping bring a microwave up to the room for us for no charge. It was delivered within 15 minutes. We would definitely stay at this hotel again when we would be doing things in downtown Tulsa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We appreciate your kind words. We are convenient to many downtown venues and attractions.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Arkansas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

That it is two blocks makes this a 3 1/2 star place. It is showing some age and my room looks like it had not been dusted in a week. The bed was comfortable though, and got a really good rate. The two block walk to the BOK for a concert makes it worth a return trip though.

• Stayed May 2013
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a recent 7-night stay. Herman picked us up promptly from the airport and Jenny at check-in was friendly and efficient. I loved the location. I am a downtown person and we found downtown Tulsa to be safe and walkable. We enjoyed many of the local restaurants. All of them were good - Dilly Deli, S&J Oyster Co, McNellie's, Yokozuna, The Rusty Crane and Prhyme. Tulsa has some of the friendliest people in the nation. I was happy too that the conference was in a Hyatt. I am a gold member and like to build my points. We visited the Club room and had good conversation over cocktails with Chip, the Club Room concierge and some of the regulars who are on extended stays. The food in the club room was really good and was a welcome treat with the wine at cocktail hour. Caleb took us to back to the airport. He was friendly and asked each of us about our trip. The staff at this Hyatt are truly into customer service.

Room Tip: Being on the concierge floor was a benefit.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We agree downtown is great and continues to get better. The Blue Dome District, the Brady District, and the great downtown architecture are examples of that.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Hyatt Regency
918-560-2204
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

This was my 3rd year in a row at this hotel (with one prior in the location under old name).
I have always been happy with the hotel. Convenient to most places I want to go. Have always felt welcomed by staff. This year we did valet parking and they were all friendly.
This year however after checking out while we were eating breakfast a few blocks away I realized I forgot a binder sitting on the desk in my room. I went to the car just to double check but it was one of the moments that you just know you left something and you can mentally see right where you left it. I called right away told them what it was not that they listened they kept thinking it was an iPad, which it just had papers important to me in it. They took my number and said they would call if it was found since the room hasn't been cleaned yet.
We went to our afternoon show in Tulsa and when we got out I didn't have any missed called and we rechecked the entire car make sure I wasn't wrong so we drove back to the Hyatt and I went to the front desk to check and the young lady was very helpful and friendly checked in the office behind there desk, called housekeeping, lost and found and just incase I had left it somewhere else she decided to call and ask security if they had seen it. Security asked to talk me and asked me where I thought I had left it and i told them the desk in room 1115 and I was rudely told they wouldn't haven't it then because they didn't have anything to do with it and she didn't have it. Disappointed we left and once everyone was home and had gone through the stuff and once again confirmed we didn't have it I all led and left a message on lost and founds machine that said they will get back to you in 24 hrs or the next business day, was never contacted back. I did have some response talking to someone on the HyattTulsa twitter page who confirmed that it hasn't been found. I had a bad feeling when I left Tulsa that it had been just tossed out when the room was cleaned since I called and told them what it was before that and exactly where it was. that's the only explanation since it didn't just disappear into thin air.

• Stayed May 2013
HOT SPRINGS VILLAGE
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel was good for our purposes. It was convenient to shopping, parks, restaurants, & the BOK center. The room was clean. The view was typical downtown. The maid staff was very friendly & accommodating. The security was present & friendly. We felt safe & all our needs were met.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We appreciate the comments about our staff. We think are great and we appreciate you recognizing them.

918-629-2096
Canandaigua, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I don't understand some of these other reviews I have read. I loved it there. Clean, comfortable and we got a great rate at the time we stayed. The only negative was the waitress in the restaurant of the hotel we had was not overly friendly, but the food was still good. We also frequented the bar for happy hour and the service there was awesome. Would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business